PDA

View Full Version : What the Buffalo Bills Should draft in round 1

STAMPY
12-26-2005, 04:26 PM
My top 5 list of attainable guys in ROUND 1. I'll be happy with one of these guys being picked up. I feel ot, dt, and de is a need. in order my top 5

1. HALOTI NGATA DT

2. CLAUDE WROTEN DT

3. WINSTON JUSTICE OT

4. RODRIQUE WRIGHT DT

5. MATHIAS KIWANUKA DE

ICE74129
12-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I got to agree with Kiper and go with Justice if he comes out

STAMPY
12-26-2005, 04:36 PM
1. HALOTI NGATA DT
Enter Haloti Ngata, who at 6-5 and 338 lbs. has a freakish blend of size, speed, strength and athleticism. In fact, there is a chance he could be gone by this point because based on upside and potential he would rate as one of the premier players in the entire draft should he come out early.

2. CLAUDE WROTEN DT
Wroten is a player who doesn't get a lot of attention but is quietly one of the better defensive prospects in this draft. Despite his lack of sheer physical tools Wroten is active and very disruptive which could lead to him going much higher than casual college football observers would expect. Adding a pass rush presence like Wroten at defensive tackle would be a tremendous move.

3. WINSTON JUSTICE OT
Winston Justice is still raw and has some maturity questions he must answer but from a pure talent standpoint he would likely rank very high should he choose to make himself eligible for the 2006 NFL Draft. A gifted athlete with good size, Justice plays right tackle for the Trojans but could possibly move to the left side at the pro level.

4. RODRIQUE WRIGHT DT
Rodrique Wright looked like a future Top 5 overall pick, but since then his career has been marred by inconsistency and unmet expectations which is why he is still available this late in round one. Make no mistake about it though, Wright has the ability and upside to become a force at what the pros consider a premium position so at this point he is worth a roll of the dice.

5. MATHIAS KIWANUKA DE
The man they call "Kiwi" is an imposing physical presence with excellent athleticism who excels at terrorizing opposing quarterbacks.

STAMPY
12-26-2005, 04:48 PM
D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT - Virginia would be a wet dream

Bmax
12-26-2005, 05:38 PM
wroten not a top 15 guy...ngata will be gone by 11 or 12...kiwanuka will be gone by 11.. That leaves wright and justice...I guess i will have to watch the game to see how both perform before i make my final decision..But right now i will take wright...

Bmax

STAMPY
12-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Ya never know. Guys will go up and down. Combines alters ranks

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Dont know anything about them, but DT is what I want for our 1st pick, if there is no one, who can make immediate impact, go for a DE, OT, CB or WR, in this particular order. :peace:

vicmantak
12-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Please forget the following words:

IMMEDIATE IMPACT

There are several ways to make a very strong starting lineup without draft picks. Best teams consider and are using draft picks to build present (DEPTH)
Yes, to build FUTURE.

X-Era
12-26-2005, 08:20 PM
wroten not a top 15 guy...ngata will be gone by 11 or 12...kiwanuka will be gone by 11.. That leaves wright and justice...I guess i will have to watch the game to see how both perform before i make my final decision..But right now i will take wright...

Bmax

Justic beats out Wright no problem, hes a great RT and if Peters switches which many think he will, Justice can start day one.

Personally I like some later round guys to be our RT whether in 06 or 07 when Gandy is set out to pasture. Just my opinion.

X-Era
12-26-2005, 08:35 PM
My top 5 list of attainable guys in ROUND 1. I'll be happy with one of these guys being picked up. I feel ot, dt, and de is a need. in order my top 5

1. HALOTI NGATA DT

2. CLAUDE WROTEN DT

3. WINSTON JUSTICE OT

4. RODRIQUE WRIGHT DT

5. MATHIAS KIWANUKA DE
My problem is it is a bit too narrow minded position wise. A 5 and 11 or 4 and 12 team certainly has more needs. Using this approach we could easily reach and I hate the thought of that.

We are most likely picking between 10 and 12. At that spot:

1) Ngata is probably gone although Kiper has him at 20 something
2) Wroten is a great player and I like him better than a few other DT's that are higher ranked, but as of right now, he isnt the complete package that you would look for at the 10-12 spot. It would be a reach for him there.
3) Justice is my 2nd favorite OT, behind Ferguson, I like the potential of Eric Winston who is likely to be a steal if he comes back from a knee injury, but right now Justice wins because hes clear to play. However, hes a guy who plays RT and 10-12 would seem high for a RT. Great player, wouldnt mind the pick, but is it too high for a RT? Maybe. He also has a off the field issue where he pointed a gun at a fellow student.
4) Wright is overrated to me. I havent seen him do much in the games Ive watched. I hope everyone watches the Rose bowl and checks him, John SCott, Justice, Darnell Bing, Mike Huff, and a few others out. IMO, Wright is not worth a 10-12 pick but more likely a 18-24 pick.

Now, there are a few guys at non-BIG need positions that could be steals at the 10-12 pick.

TE- I honestly believe that BOTH Vernon Davis and Marcedes Lewis are better prospects than Heath Miller, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow. For a young QB, or even an old one, having a bigtime receiving threat a.l.a. Gates, Shockey, or Gonzales would be HUGE for this team. TE at 10? Yeah its a tough call, Everett is on this squad but he doesnt have a lick of the potential that either of these guys do. I would never advise us making this move if we dont UPGRADE at least 1 G/C and 1 DT BEFORE the draft. But I think we just might. If we have done some things along the lines in FA, I think we should think long and hard about these big time prospects.

LB- This is a strong LB draft in the 1st round. Stronger than probably either DT or OT. There could be (if juniors declare) as many as a half dozen or more 1st rounders. Demeco Ryans, Ahmad Brooks, Abdul Hodge, Spencer Havner, AJ Hawk, Chad Greenway, Ernie Sims. Greenway is stud and just may slip to 10-12. Id feel better about us stealing a Greenway instead of reaching for a Wright.

CB/S- Mike Huff may be there at 10-12 and is a proven bigtime prospect who can play either spot. Both would be needs if Clements leaves considering we wouldnt have a starter opposite McGee and Milloy and Vincent are getting up there. Again, if you go by value at the pick, I could say a day one starting CB who becomes our starting FS in a few years is a better value than a day one starting RT in Justice considering we already have Gandy or Peters who have done well.

The other thing is the late 1 and 2nd rounds are really deep for OT's. I like drafting a OT down there better.

Bmax
12-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I love bing from usc if he comes out .. he is a guy with ronnie lott ability....so bing at 12 would surprise people but the guy is flat out good ...A young headhunter who would send milloy into retirement or the fs position.

Bmax

HHURRICANE
12-26-2005, 08:53 PM
If we have learned anything taking an OT high is risky at best. DT or DE's have alot more ability to start and play well because they can get by on their physical prowess. I don't think we look at the OL until the 2nd round or depending on who we pick up in FA.