• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

i think there is 0% chance Mularkey gets canned

Only his 2nd year in buffalo. In his rookie season as coach, he finished with 9 wins and was 1 quarter away from a playoff birth. Not too shabby.

This season, his second year he had a rookie QB and was killed by injuries. He def deserves at the least one season. Theres no chance Mularkey gets fired. He def needs a lot of improvement, but he is still learning.

TD on the other hand. His runs over. He will likely be canned.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: i think there is 0% chance Mularkey gets canned

He lost the respect of his players along the way this season...not something you want in a head coach
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Mularkey isn't going anywhere I think he knew with JP going into the season it could be a struggle at times. I think the Bills will be fine they showed a great deal of balls going into CInci and playing a hell of a game, I give them alot of credit. We just need to support our team and move forward.......Lets look forward to the JETS...... Winning and going into the offseason....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
        He lost the respect of his players along the way this season...not something you want in a head coach
        I'm not sure about this statement. I was beginning to believe it, but then they (The Bills) went into Cincy and beat a top AFC team. I don't know. I think Mularkey has lost a few players, but I think he still has the majority of them.

Either way, I think Stamps is right, I don't see Mularkey getting the axe.

Comment

• Fairway
          • Jul 2002

Depends on who the new GM is if TD is canned.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Phil, just curious... How do you know that for sure? If you say the media, you shouldn't really believe everything you read. None of us know that for sure.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I hope Mularkey is fired personally.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

I think he'll be back. He still has a lot left to prove and the majority of the team still supports him. Granted he still has a lot to learn but at this point it would make no sense to fire him and start all over again. The new GM will realize this and let MM fufill his contract.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                  Phil, just curious... How do you know that for sure? If you say the media, you shouldn't really believe everything you read. None of us know that for sure.
                  well the fact that 3 veteran players (Moulds, Adams, Fletcher) have had public tiffs with the coach (and 2 of them have always been team guys in the past) is a pretty good sign. We don't know exactly what was said- that's all media and it's up to you to pick what you believe- but we do know that it boiled over into both Moulds and Adams missing games (both of which we lost BTW).

Also, the way the players are interacting and the way the vets haven't been supporting Losman- go back and read some of LA Playa's posts about the chemistry at the SD game.

Finally, the lack of effort by guys like McGahee and Nate Clements, the way the D buckles at the end of close games and can't get the ball back- those things are signs of a coach that has lost his team's respect.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

How about the fact that our play calling has been god awful he was unsuccessful gettin a young qb ready and has been out coached in almost every single game hence us scoring on the first drive nad post almost no points in the second half. Any body with a football backround will tell you the other teams are going into the lockeroom and making adjustments and come out and kick our a## in the second half. I think the only way to right the ship is total house cleaning, all the other teams do it everyone in buffalo (media) is so afraid of another rebuilding year well Donohue has had five years and our team right now is worse than when he took it over come on do the math
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• eee1776
                      • Jul 2005

I don't remember Ralph coming out and giving his vote of confidence to either MM or TD. I don'tnow if thats good or bad? A vote of confidence ususally means your gone. Maybe we can read into what he is not saying more than what he is saying which is nothing.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

As much as we may not like it I think he is right. Most coaches get at very least three years to prove something. I think Mularkey deserves at least one more shot. He has shown his youth and inexperience thus far. Perhaps this horrible season was just what he needed to get his ass in gear.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

He will be back but will the fans...? That's what ralph should be looking at.....

No way i'm buying seasons with those two back......

I'll go to the opener and see what happens from there.

Bmax

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              I hope Mularkey is fired personally.
                              In a way I want Mularkey fired because his playcalling is a detriment, but at the same time, who's to say he won't look back and realize it's pretty f***ing stupid to pass on first and 10 when you have any kind of lead, even moreso when you're first and goal.

In a way, I don't because I know this team will still be out of playoff contention for at least one more year with a new coach regardless of whether or not we build up our lines. If we build our lines this offseason and keep Mularkey, and he gets away from the trick plays every game (try them only once every three games), learns to run the damn ball, we'll be in the playoffs - remember we should have knocked off the recently surging Pats at Gillette Stadium this past October or November but Mularkey's playcalling was the only single thing that did us in. We should have stomped the Dolphins, but Mularkey's playcalling yet again did us in.

The Buffalo Media needs to run countless articles criticizing Mularkey's playcalling and saying they'd only be ok with him staying if he promised to run the damn ball on 90% of all first and 10s, and first and goals so long as we're in the lead, or still in the game.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X