PDA

View Full Version : i think there is 0% chance Mularkey gets canned

STAMPY
12-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Only his 2nd year in buffalo. In his rookie season as coach, he finished with 9 wins and was 1 quarter away from a playoff birth. Not too shabby.

This season, his second year he had a rookie QB and was killed by injuries. He def deserves at the least one season. Theres no chance Mularkey gets fired. He def needs a lot of improvement, but he is still learning.

TD on the other hand. His runs over. He will likely be canned.

The_Philster
12-27-2005, 03:14 AM
He lost the respect of his players along the way this season...not something you want in a head coach :down:

tampabay25690
12-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Mularkey isn't going anywhere I think he knew with JP going into the season it could be a struggle at times. I think the Bills will be fine they showed a great deal of balls going into CInci and playing a hell of a game, I give them alot of credit. We just need to support our team and move forward.......Lets look forward to the JETS...... Winning and going into the offseason....

Forward_Lateral
12-27-2005, 06:49 AM
He lost the respect of his players along the way this season...not something you want in a head coach :down:

I'm not sure about this statement. I was beginning to believe it, but then they (The Bills) went into Cincy and beat a top AFC team. I don't know. I think Mularkey has lost a few players, but I think he still has the majority of them.

Either way, I think Stamps is right, I don't see Mularkey getting the axe.

Novacane
12-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Depends on who the new GM is if TD is canned.

BAM
12-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Phil, just curious... How do you know that for sure? If you say the media, you shouldn't really believe everything you read. None of us know that for sure.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2005, 08:02 AM
I hope Mularkey is fired personally.

madness
12-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I think he'll be back. He still has a lot left to prove and the majority of the team still supports him. Granted he still has a lot to learn but at this point it would make no sense to fire him and start all over again. The new GM will realize this and let MM fufill his contract.

OpIv37
12-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Phil, just curious... How do you know that for sure? If you say the media, you shouldn't really believe everything you read. None of us know that for sure.

well the fact that 3 veteran players (Moulds, Adams, Fletcher) have had public tiffs with the coach (and 2 of them have always been team guys in the past) is a pretty good sign. We don't know exactly what was said- that's all media and it's up to you to pick what you believe- but we do know that it boiled over into both Moulds and Adams missing games (both of which we lost BTW).

Also, the way the players are interacting and the way the vets haven't been supporting Losman- go back and read some of LA Playa's posts about the chemistry at the SD game.

Finally, the lack of effort by guys like McGahee and Nate Clements, the way the D buckles at the end of close games and can't get the ball back- those things are signs of a coach that has lost his team's respect.

bigbub2352
12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
How about the fact that our play calling has been god awful he was unsuccessful gettin a young qb ready and has been out coached in almost every single game hence us scoring on the first drive nad post almost no points in the second half. Any body with a football backround will tell you the other teams are going into the lockeroom and making adjustments and come out and kick our a## in the second half. I think the only way to right the ship is total house cleaning, all the other teams do it everyone in buffalo (media) is so afraid of another rebuilding year well Donohue has had five years and our team right now is worse than when he took it over come on do the math

eee1776
12-27-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't remember Ralph coming out and giving his vote of confidence to either MM or TD. I don'tnow if thats good or bad? A vote of confidence ususally means your gone. Maybe we can read into what he is not saying more than what he is saying which is nothing.

Mr. Cynical
12-27-2005, 11:38 AM
:monkeyp: :cow:

gr8slayer
12-27-2005, 11:40 AM
As much as we may not like it I think he is right. Most coaches get at very least three years to prove something. I think Mularkey deserves at least one more shot. He has shown his youth and inexperience thus far. Perhaps this horrible season was just what he needed to get his ass in gear.

Bmax
12-27-2005, 01:33 PM
He will be back but will the fans...? That's what ralph should be looking at.....

No way i'm buying seasons with those two back......

I'll go to the opener and see what happens from there.

Bmax

ublinkwescore
12-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I hope Mularkey is fired personally.

In a way I want Mularkey fired because his playcalling is a detriment, but at the same time, who's to say he won't look back and realize it's pretty f***ing stupid to pass on first and 10 when you have any kind of lead, even moreso when you're first and goal.

In a way, I don't because I know this team will still be out of playoff contention for at least one more year with a new coach regardless of whether or not we build up our lines. If we build our lines this offseason and keep Mularkey, and he gets away from the trick plays every game (try them only once every three games), learns to run the damn ball, we'll be in the playoffs - remember we should have knocked off the recently surging Pats at Gillette Stadium this past October or November but Mularkey's playcalling was the only single thing that did us in. We should have stomped the Dolphins, but Mularkey's playcalling yet again did us in.

The Buffalo Media needs to run countless articles criticizing Mularkey's playcalling and saying they'd only be ok with him staying if he promised to run the damn ball on 90% of all first and 10s, and first and goals so long as we're in the lead, or still in the game.

Bill Brasky
12-27-2005, 01:57 PM
this piece of garbage needs to be shown the door...

i usually give guys like him the benefit of the doubt... i think most young coaches deserve at least 3 years... but he proved this season that he cannot coach by making many ******ed decisions, losing half the locker room, calling out and sitting some of the veterans, benching JP, telling Willis how to run (since then look how little he's produced), the list goes on and on...

if he had done a decent coaching job getting the team to 5-10, i'd say keep him, but he made so many decisions that put this team at a disadvantage, i don't feel like sitting through another season of his bonehead trickery

feelthepain
12-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I think when you have a GM that wants to draft one player and a HC that wants to draft another player, problems come from that. I like GM/HC as one. He drafts the players he wants to draft then he has every chance to run the system he wants using the talent he wants. When you have two guys on different pages it's just one more thing to overcome to win it all. Honestly Rosco Parish was a foolish wate of a pick.

If you were the Eagles or Pats you could justify the pick, but the Bills can't. Add to that losing your best D linemen, a very good RB in TH and a QB that could win with better protection and losing your best LB and there is a whole lot of talent lost. I think MM can coach, but if you keep losing players that can play and replcing them with players that can't play as well it will hurt any team. TD has to go not MM.

The_Philster
12-27-2005, 03:45 PM
well the fact that 3 veteran players (Moulds, Adams, Fletcher) have had public tiffs with the coach (and 2 of them have always been team guys in the past) is a pretty good sign. We don't know exactly what was said- that's all media and it's up to you to pick what you believe- but we do know that it boiled over into both Moulds and Adams missing games (both of which we lost BTW).

Also, the way the players are interacting and the way the vets haven't been supporting Losman- go back and read some of LA Playa's posts about the chemistry at the SD game.

Finally, the lack of effort by guys like McGahee and Nate Clements, the way the D buckles at the end of close games and can't get the ball back- those things are signs of a coach that has lost his team's respect. Bingo...saved me from saying it...and you said it so well

Nighthawk
12-27-2005, 07:05 PM

Wow, it is so obvious that people on this site are Bills fans. One very meaningless game and people all of sudden think that Mularkey hasn't lost the team...did you forget the pitiful losses in the past month or so? If they didn't quit on him, then why have we not seen more efforts like this earlier? Oh, I forgot, I should have ask TD...you know, like he says, "it's just one of those years." Come on people, wake up! This house needs to be cleaned and I'm talking about getting on all fours and scrubbing the floors bare. Nothing in this front office is worth keeping and that includes MM. If you guys would like to keep giving these untalented coaches more time to grow than that's your right, but I'm tired of this crap and want some changes in here that would lead me to believe that this organization really wants to win. I'm sorry, but the MM hiring was joke from the beginning and why again was he given a 5 year deal? Could it be that TD knew something all along? Maybe that Mularkey wasn't quite ready to be a HC and it may take a few years? With a contract like that, TD knew that there would be no way our notoriously cheap owner would fire MM. If he did, that would mean he would have to pay some serious cash. I'm sorry, but I've never seen a rookie HC get that long of a contract and it is very curious to me. So let's stop bull****ting ourselves into believing that all MM needs is more time because folks, that seems to me all we ever have here in Buffalo...time! I want to win a SB and I want to win it now, not a 3 year plan, not a 5 year plan, but now. Come on Ralphie, time to buck up and get us fans what we rightly deserve for backing your ass and that is a CHAMPIONSHIP!

P.S. - We are never winning one with MM as HC!

jpdex12
12-27-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure about this statement. I was beginning to believe it, but then they (The Bills) went into Cincy and beat a top AFC team. I don't know. I think Mularkey has lost a few players, but I think he still has the majority of them.

Either way, I think Stamps is right, I don't see Mularkey getting the axe.

Guys, winning one game against a team with a good record doesn't fix anything. When we put 5 in a row out of 6 then we're making progress. One could purely say that Cinci overlooked the Bills as some top teams tend to do right before they enter the playoffs. It was Cinci's wake-up call. I'm proud to see us knock off a top team, but it makes me sick to see us play like crap yet another year when other teams (Patriots) manage to get it done even when their backs are up against the wall (injuries, inexperience, etc.). We cannot make any excuses and cannot settle for mediocracy. If MM has the team backing him and derinking his koolaid, then what is he feeding them a 12 year plan? He did great last year, but he has really "f"ed things up this year with playcalling, roster decisions, poor discipline teaching and inability to gather his troops and get them fired up.

PromoTheRobot
12-28-2005, 12:53 AM
If the Bills kick the Jets a$$ this Sunday, Mullarkey is a 95% lock to stay on. In fact, I'd wager that Mullarkey sticking around increases the chances Tom Modrak will be promoted to GM. Not saying I want this, just what I think will happen. I would not be surprised if Marv Levy is brought on as some kind of consultant.

When you think about it, it's ironic that Donahoe keeps getting outlasted by the coaches he hires.

PTR

BuffaloRanger
12-28-2005, 01:05 AM
MM deserved to be fired immediately after the Miami game. That was gross incompetence. Sage Rosenfels?! How about double covering Chambers on the last play? Too many mistakes to list. He lost me after that game.

Now he says that winning the jets game is more important then developing players for next season? More important for him he means. 6-10 sounds better than 5-11.

All the Bills are doing is screwing up their draft. They won't make the playoffs next season anyway. Too many holes. Oline. Dline. WR. DBs. You can't fix that in one offseason.

mysticsoto
12-28-2005, 08:07 AM
MM deserved to be fired immediately after the Miami game. That was gross incompetence. Sage Rosenfels?! How about double covering Chambers on the last play? Too many mistakes to list. He lost me after that game.

Now he says that winning the jets game is more important then developing players for next season? More important for him he means. 6-10 sounds better than 5-11.

All the Bills are doing is screwing up their draft. They won't make the playoffs next season anyway. Too many holes. Oline. Dline. WR. DBs. You can't fix that in one offseason.

I don't disagree with your comments on Mularkey, but I do disagree about being able to be a contender next year. If we had a good coach, through FA and drafting, you can change an entire team around. We have alot of people that we can drop this year, that will loosen up our salary cap a great deal. Between Mike Williams, Moulds and Clements, the salary cap can be drastically reduced allowing us to go after good names for the O-line and even the D-line. We should also get a reasonably high draft pick to bolster our picks and have some decent competition at certain positions.

I think, if we could develop a real O-line, for next year, the Bills could make a drastic turn around. Look at every game that we won or did well in (1st half of NE & Miami game also). In each of those games, the Oline did extremely well. That is probably the biggest key for us to be able to improve and win games!!!

HHURRICANE
12-28-2005, 11:19 AM

I agree with your post. MM had me snowed after last season even though he made some questionable decisions last year. But this year intead of improving on his decision making he got regrettably worse. The QB rotation is his fault alone. Now we are nowhere. Holcomb will start for sure this week and we will need another season to develop JP.

With that said MM will stay, Modrak gets promoted, we finish 9-7 in '06, miss the playoffs, and we go into '07 exactly the way we did in '05. Doesn't look to good.