PDA

View Full Version : OH NO, Donahue plans on being here a "long time"

Mitchy moo
12-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Despite this season's 5-10 record and failure to get his team to the playoffs for five seasons, Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe doesn't appear worried about his job status.

"My family and I love Buffalo and western New York, despite what sometimes the media portrays, and we plan on being here for a long time," Donahoe wrote on his team's Web site, where he answers questions from fans.

The Bills are 31-48 overall under Donahoe after they snapped a five-game losing streak with Saturday's 37-27 upset of the Cincinnati Bengals. It was Buffalo's first road win after starting 0-6.

While coach Mike Mularkey, Donahoe's second pick as head coach after firing Gregg Williams two years ago, has also come under intense scrutiny, it appears that is trying to convince owner Ralph Wilson on the importance of staying the course rather than cleaning house.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999.

"The best thing you can do is get the right coach and stick with him to have some stability and some continuity with your football team," Donahoe wrote.

He wrote that any media portrayals about Mularkey losing his team are wrong. Mularkey has had controversial dealings with veteran players and benched young quarterback J.P. Losman four games into the season in favor of Kelly Holcomb.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051227/SPORTS03/512270312/1007/SPORTS

Novacane
12-27-2005, 07:39 AM
He does not make that decision

don137
12-27-2005, 08:04 AM
I think season ticket sales will plummet if MM and TD stays and RW knows that too. I believe the Miami comeback is the straw that broke the camels back. RW hates losing to Miami and to lode the way they did I would be very surprised if TD comes back.

ScottLawrence
12-27-2005, 10:20 AM
I think season ticket sales will plummet if MM and TD stays and RW knows that too. I believe the Miami comeback is the straw that broke the camels back. RW hates losing to Miami and to lode the way they did I would be very surprised if TD comes back.

Yup.

Not only that, but with the way they run things, its really childish.

The signs being taken away.

MM's way of being so secretive with the media.

Its really pathetic.

AngryTeste
12-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Wahoo! Maybe you guys can lure Herm Edwards from the Jets!! He's gone to the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years...

Michael82
12-27-2005, 10:37 AM
I hate the fact that he wasn't already told that he was fired. :mad: :(

Mr. Miyagi
12-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Wahoo! Maybe you guys can lure Herm Edwards from the Jets!! He's gone to the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years...
No thanks. MM is Albert ****ing Einstein compared to Herm Edwards.

Ickybaluky
12-27-2005, 11:06 AM
All Donohoe said was he plans on being in Western NY for a long time. He didn't say anything about working for the Bills.

Maybe he plans on applying for other jobs in the area.

Mr. Cynical
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
All Donohoe said was he plans on being in Western NY for a long time. He didn't say anything about working for the Bills.

Top 5 Jobs TD is qualified to be:

1. Sanitation Engineer
2. Buffalo Chip Tosser
3. Hot Air Baloon Filler
4. Kool Aid Dispenser
5. Ass Clown

That about covers it I think.

Bill Brasky
12-27-2005, 02:07 PM
1. "My family and I love Buffalo and western New York, despite what sometimes the media portrays, and we plan on being here for a long time," Donahoe wrote on his team's Web site, where he answers questions from fans.

2. "The best thing you can do is get the right coach and stick with him to have some stability and some continuity with your football team," Donahoe wrote.

1. That is a lie.

2. Yeah, I love continuity in losing every year. Very stable to know the team will always suck :up:

HotRod
12-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Top 5 Jobs TD is qualified to be:

1. Sanitation Engineer
2. Buffalo Chip Tosser
3. Hot Air Baloon Filler
4. Kool Aid Dispenser
5. Ass Clown

That about covers it I think.

6. Clean monkey cages at zoo (while cages are occupied)

realdealryan
12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
PFT suggested Walmart, so..........greeter? But not the good greeter during the day who actually says something, but the old man greeter in the middle of the night who doesn't have managers around who says absolutely nothing. The nametag says greeter, but this a$$hole doesn't even smile. That kind of greeter.

DynaPaul
12-27-2005, 07:05 PM
This whole statement comes off as being "GM Speak" to me. What he's really saying is, "Tough luck, I'm not gonna resign and Ralph is going to have to fire me and pay out the remainder of my contract. SUCKERS!!!"

Nighthawk
12-27-2005, 07:08 PM
1. That is a lie.

2. Yeah, I love continuity in losing every year. Very stable to know the team will always suck :up:

Thank you! Saved me from having to type...dead nuts on!

DaBills
12-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Well TD, keep MM for another few years and you'll have your continuity. The continuity of the shi t play we've been watching.

BillsPride12
12-28-2005, 01:11 AM
"My family and I love Buffalo and western New York, despite what sometimes the media portrays, and we plan on being here for a long time...even though I am embarrassed to be part of the community"

gr8slayer
12-28-2005, 01:15 AM
I dont trust Ralph to make the right choice anymore.

Historian
12-28-2005, 06:17 AM

Tell him to save the postage...