PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mularkey Q&A

Mahdi
12-27-2005, 08:32 PM
MM answered my question this week, and his answer was terrible ....It looks like JP's progression under MM wont go well, if it goes at all. What will be really frustrating is that the kid will never get a chance to show whether or not he can be a good QB if he doesnt take his lumps. How is he expected to go and compete with a 10 year vet in training camp next year without sufficient experience on the field?..Compare this situation to the Giants last year and it makes even less sense. The G-men were 5-4 when they took out Warner and went with Manning. And this year their seeing the rewards, while we are 5-10 and still trying to win meaningless games with a career backup???

Hanny El-Magraby (Ottawa, Canada): Good win coach. Although Kelly Holcomb played well, if he is named the starter again next week it would be clear that J.P.'s development is being sacrificed in order to win meaningless games. How would you respond to that?

Mike Mularkey: We're not trying to sacrifice anything, we're trying to win football games and that's the number one objective of this team. We're going to do whatever it takes to do that, not just at the quarterback position but at all positions.

lordofgun
12-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Mularkey is an idiot.

Nighthawk
12-27-2005, 09:00 PM
MM answered my question this week, and his answer was terrible ....It looks like JP's progression under MM wont go well, if it goes at all. What will be really frustrating is that the kid will never get a chance to show whether or not he can be a good QB if he doesnt take his lumps. How is he expected to go and compete with a 10 year vet in training camp next year without sufficient experience on the field?..Compare this situation to the Giants last year and it makes even less sense. The G-men were 5-4 when they took out Warner and went with Manning. And this year their seeing the rewards, while we are 5-10 and still trying to win meaningless games with a career backup???

Hanny El-Magraby (Ottawa, Canada): Good win coach. Although Kelly Holcomb played well, if he is named the starter again next week it would be clear that J.P.'s development is being sacrificed in order to win meaningless games. How would you respond to that?

Mike Mularkey: We're not trying to sacrifice anything, we're trying to win football games and that's the number one objective of this team. We're going to do whatever it takes to do that, not just at the quarterback position but at all positions.

As if we needed to be reminded why this loser needs to go!

jpdex12
12-27-2005, 09:31 PM

This SOB and the other terd need to get their asses kicked out the door! Where the "F" are we going with Holcomb? He is a good back-up! These guys are clueless. Hell, byt the time they feel JP is ready to be tested for real, he will be 32 years old and we will still be begging TD to fix our o-line. I'm sick of thinking about this crap. It makes me sick to read comments from these idiot coaches. I just listened to the TD show and he sounds like Coach McPherson from SU...complete bumbling idiot. And yes Tom, the "f"ing Jets game is meaningless! Wake up and smell your ass hairs burning.:yucky:

ArcticWildMan
12-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Mularkey will sacrifice JP's experience so he can win enough games to keep his job. Period.

jpdex12
12-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Mularkey will sacrifice JP's experience so he can win enough games to keep his job. Period.

You have to look at it like MM did a tremendous job last year, but last year was last year. This year we should have taken a step forward even if injuries got in the way. Every team deals with injuries. Look at the Jets. They have something like 9 players out for the year and we are one win better then them. That is pretty poor. Mularkey took a giant step backward this year and if RW cannot see that then we are in trouble. I hate busting up a coach after only his 2nd year in the league but I have a bad feeling that MM does not have what it takes. Not that every HC needs to be Ditka on the sidelines, but no emotions, no gameplan, no balls standing up to TD and no personality talking to the public or the press. He shows no personality in his interviews, imagine what his locker room pep talks are like. Freaking Mother Theresa! My gut tells me he will leave Buffalo at somepoint with a bad track record. I hope that I'm wrong.

BSXIII
12-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Mularkey has made plenty of bad decisions, but playing the best players is what good coaches are supposed to do. Sure Holcomb is a career backup, but he is playing well and has earned his playing time. People need to stop overhyping JP Losman like he's the next John Elway because he's not. He went 5-7 his senior year in college. He's on the team and should compete for the starting job, but face the facts, he has never done anything to show that he deserves a starting job in the NFL.

The_Philster
12-28-2005, 02:56 AM
Name one poster who's said he's the next John Elway :rolleyes:

Lexwhat
12-28-2005, 04:35 AM
Mularkey is an idiot.

I agree. IMO, he's an a**hole too. He insults fans like they have no football knowledge. He talks to us like we're kids. I cant stand when he says "theres a lot that goes into it." He does that all the time...here's some examples from this week:

"A lot of those routes were not open earlier in the season and we've had a protection problem here or there, not with just the offensive line. There is a lot that goes into it."
Protection problem here or there? Hmmm thanks for pointin that out.

"Play calling is something that is always going to be second-guessed, good or bad, and I learned that a long time ago. There is a lot that goes into it other than just one guy making the call."
Glad you learned that a long time ago, coach. I wish I could pick up on things like Mike.

"I've made this statement before. There is a lot that goes into it."
Yup, you certainly did you a**-clown.

"I've never understood the play not to lose comment because I know for all of us in this building since we've been in little league football we've been competing to win."
Isn't that somethin? I never understood that comment either. Glad we're on the same page, Mike.

mysticsoto
12-28-2005, 07:59 AM

Sadly, this is probably true. If I'm Ralph, I pay attention to this (if someone can give him a vivrin)...if Mularkey plays Holcomb, it means he's just trying to win an extra game to look better and keep his job. He doesn't care anything about the Bills future as a franchise, he just cares about keeping his job. If he plays JP, then he's done the right thing by giving the young up and coming QB some more experience and sends a msg saying that he wants JP to develop further for the good of the franchise and for next year.

The next game will say alot about where Mularkey really stands...

Michael82
12-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Mularkey is an idiot.
Yeah he is. :ill:

Michael82
12-28-2005, 02:56 PM
This SOB and the other terd need to get their asses kicked out the door! Where the "F" are we going with Holcomb? He is a good back-up! These guys are clueless. Hell, byt the time they feel JP is ready to be tested for real, he will be 32 years old and we will still be begging TD to fix our o-line. I'm sick of thinking about this crap. It makes me sick to read comments from these idiot coaches. I just listened to the TD show and he sounds like Coach McPherson from SU...complete bumbling idiot. And yes Tom, the "f"ing Jets game is meaningless! Wake up and smell your ass hairs burning.:yucky:
Good post man! :posrep:

Michael82
12-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Excellent post and it's 100% the reason why Mularkey needs to go. He wants to sacrifice the future for a career backup that he thinks can save his job. I hope Ralph sees thru this. :pray

DaBills
12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
The real key will be whether Patrick was able to get through to Ralph in the parking lot a few weeks ago. That will be key to our off-season success.

:afro:

The_Philster
12-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I agree. IMO, he's an a**hole too. He insults fans like they have no football knowledge. He talks to us like we're kids. I cant stand when he says "theres a lot that goes into it." He does that all the time...
:ill: You think he could be next in line to take Madden's job then?

HHURRICANE
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Mularkey has made plenty of bad decisions, but playing the best players is what good coaches are supposed to do. Sure Holcomb is a career backup, but he is playing well and has earned his playing time. People need to stop overhyping JP Losman like he's the next John Elway because he's not. He went 5-7 his senior year in college. He's on the team and should compete for the starting job, but face the facts, he has never done anything to show that he deserves a starting job in the NFL.

Playing the best players makes sense when you are playing for something. We are playing away, not in front of the home crowd. We are playing for MM's job. Let's give you the fact that Holcomb is the better QB. It's still completely stupid not to let JP play.

If I am to follow your logic than it is stupid for the Colts not to play their starters when they have already sealed home field. I guess the Colts are losers. You play to win when it makes sense. Evaluating talent for next year makes sense.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 05:23 PM

Bingo.

Lexwhat
12-28-2005, 06:59 PM
:ill: You think he could be next in line to take Madden's job then?

hahhahaha. I mean John Madden is an ugly dude. He shouldnt even be a commentator.

As for Mularkey, his big-ass nose isn't helpin him much either.

The_Philster
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
hahhahaha. I mean John Madden is an ugly dude. He shouldnt even be a commentator.

As for Mularkey, his big-ass nose isn't helpin him much either.
I just asked cause you brought up the fact that he talks as if we fans have no football knowledge...which is precisely how Madden is as an analyst

jpdex12
12-29-2005, 09:19 AM
The real key will be whether Patrick was able to get through to Ralph in the parking lot a few weeks ago. That will be key to our off-season success.

What did Patrick say?

jpdex12
12-29-2005, 09:21 AM

I think that JP would have been better off competing for a starting position too, but Holcomb is 32 for christ sake. We need to start playing for the immediate future not now. I am sick of waiting for a playoff team, but if we keep playing without a long term gameplan, then we're toast forever!

jpdex12
12-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Good post man! :posrep:

Thanks Mikey! And thanks for the wad of rep too! I am just speaking my mind.

DaBills
12-29-2005, 10:12 AM
"image.php?u=4509&dateline=1131155256 (member.php?u=4509) <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td class="alt1" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; width: 100%;" align="left"> <!-- icon and title --> Re: Mike Mularkey Q&A
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by DaBills

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
What did Patrick say?"

Just a plea for Ralph to Fire TD ASAP. That might have been the Bud talking though.

gr8slayer
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Mularkey is an idiot.
You say it as if you didnt already know!

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM

Patrick is very persuasive. It's our only hope. :::