PDA

View Full Version : ESPN "Bills lose again" tv spot

PromoTheRobot
12-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Has anyone seen that ESPN promo running that shows a depressed family of Bills fans watching another dismal loss? Whoever created it a) has to be a Bills fan b) has to be from Buffalo c) totally nailed what it means to be a Bills fan.

You may think it's another knock on the city, but I think it really shows how much the Bills mean to their fans and the city. Grandma jumps out of her wheelchair to dance and the skies turn sunny when it looks like the Bills have won. Then when the ref screws us again, the skies turn grey and everyone goes back to moping.

It's a very well done 3D animation. The houses in the neighboorhood are quintessential "East Side" walk ups, and if you look carefully, you can even see the real City Hall in the skyline down the street.

PTR

Demon
12-28-2005, 12:18 AM
HAHAHAHA yeah the commercial is so true.

the commerical starts black and white, then bills get hope.... the commerical gets colored and then they rule the play out of bounds, and it goes colored and stuff. Great commerical i agree it shows a Buffalo feeling....

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 12:29 AM
They have tons to work with...

1. Wide Right
2. Music City "Forward Lateral"
3. Critical Pats-Bills game in late 90s where the ref says "Just give it to him" (on crucial 3rd down play for the Pats late in the game)
4. Hull's skate in the crease (not Bills, but most certainly Buffalo luck)

Bmax
12-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Sounds like they have been talking ot nick bakay...

Bmax

Demon
12-28-2005, 02:10 AM
They have ALOT to work with, but the Sabres are gonna make it all good.....

OpIv37
12-28-2005, 06:15 AM

1. Wide Right
3. Critical Pats-Bills game in late 90s where the ref says "Just give it to him" (on crucial 3rd down play for the Pats late in the game)
4. Hull's skate in the crease (not Bills, but most certainly Buffalo luck)

Don't forget Ronnie Harmon in the endzone

vicmantak
12-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Don't forget the history of the "murderer" O.J... too...

DaBills
12-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I saw the spot, but if you listen close, towards the end the announcer on the TV in the scene says the name of the running back: Flowers.

It's ESPN. Can't they go to their own freakin' website and check the player roster?

No respect, I tell ya'.

:afro:

PromoTheRobot
12-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I have one more...it's the heartbreaker no one talks about because it was by Dug Flutie, the QB that "just wins?"

Miami playoff game 1999. Bills on the Miami 1-yd line. Flutie drops back, pat, pat, SACK, fumble...Bills lose.

PTR

Samphin1
12-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Don't forget the huge comeback win this year by Miami...

RUNAWAY!

dolphinssuck
12-29-2005, 09:51 PM

1. Wide Right
4. Hull's skate in the crease (not Bills, but most certainly Buffalo luck) 1and 4 certainly leggit chokes by Buffalo but 2 and 3 were total screw jobs.

DMBcrew36
12-30-2005, 07:50 AM
I haven't seen this commercial??? What is this??

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I have only seen the commerical once and i have to say that it does give a good showing of a bills fan life. But to us we laugh it off and think whatever but to some of my friends thier laughing at me.

I find it weired that some friends i know that are bengals fans laugh about the commerical. I mean come on one winning season in like 15 years and all of the sudden your team is god. Believe me i'm not hating the bengals i just find that funny.

The commercial doesn't make it mad but it sure did bring back some repressed memories. Wide right, The music city BS, No goal, so of course i put in a DVD and watched "THE COMEBACK" that made everything all better.

But overall the commerical isn't bad i've just worked so hard to repress those memories and now i gotta start all over again.

eee1776
12-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Maybe the commmerical is some way exersizes the demons