PDA

View Full Version : Here's why the Bills need to fire Mularky.

BuffaloRanger
12-28-2005, 01:17 AM
The 2006 Bills aren't making the playoffs. Don't let the Bengals game fool you. This team is in decline. It has to fill too many holes at Dline, Oline, WR, DBs, in one offseason to be a serious contender next year. Add in JP Losman still developing, or Holcomb playing average at best, and the Bills are looking at 6-10 or 7-9.

Keeping Mularky around for what will be another non-playoff season is not helping the team. After a 3rd non-playoff season he will be fired for sure. Then the Bills will have to find a new coach before the 2007 season.

Jumpstart the rebuilding now. Hire a new coach/assistants. Hire a new GM. Focus on the building of both lines. And then be poised for a playoff run in 2007.

Historian
12-28-2005, 06:15 AM
I agree 100%.

All you're doing is prolonging the inevitable.

Better to clean house now, than later.

alohabillsfan
12-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Good grief we are already writing off next season to? I think I will wait awhile!

gr8slayer
12-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Wont happen.

OpIv37
12-28-2005, 10:20 AM
welcome to the bandwagon- I've been saying the same thing for six weeks.

OpIv37
12-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Good grief we are already writing off next season to? I think I will wait awhile!

We either need to find a #1 WR or suffer Moulds' 11 million cap hit while adding a minimum of two O linemen and two 2 linemen. We will likely have to replace Clements and we also need to replace either Milloy or Vincent (and none of our young corners are ready).

We could also use a LB, TE, FB and backup RB.

That's way too much for one season. We know Mularkey can't get it done, and if a new coach comes in, there will be an adjustment period. Next season is FUBAR

Gunzlingr
12-28-2005, 10:23 AM
I think he needs to go, but it won't happen because changing coaches too often can be just as bad or worse.

ScottLawrence
12-28-2005, 11:07 AM
I disagree.

First of all, we didn't release Moulds yet, so no, we don't have holes at WR.

DLine we could definitly use a two gap DT next to Sam, outside of that, we don't need much.

Offensive line, we need two solid Guards, Villarrial is old, and hasn't been very good this year, release him, along with Anderson, and go out and grab two Guards in the draft, or free agency.

Holcombs average play at best?

His 90 + QB rating has him around 7th best in the league, and the team has won four of his seven starts.

You fix up both these lines in the offseason the right way, and you have the two quarterbacks battle it out next year, and you have a playoff contendor, IMO.

OpIv37
12-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I disagree.

DLine we could definitly use a two gap DT next to Sam, outside of that, we don't need much.

Offensive line, we need two solid Guards, Villarrial is old, and hasn't been very good this year, release him, along with Anderson, and go out and grab two Guards in the draft, or free agency.

His 90 + QB rating has him around 7th best in the league, and the team has won four of his seven starts.

You fix up both these lines in the offseason the right way, and you have the two quarterbacks battle it out next year, and you have a playoff contendor, IMO.

First, if we keep Moulds, it's an $11 million cap hit. That HURTS as far as doing the other things you mention. Either way we're screwed.

Second, if Mularkey stays, Sam Adams is as good as gone. They've had it out two seasons in a row now. This means we need 2 DTs. We need at least one even with Adams because Bannan and Anderson have their roles but they are not starting caliber.

As far as the O line- Gandy is sufficient but not spectacular. It would be nice to upgrade him but it's not crucial. The guards are a waste of space. Trey Teague sucks, and Duke Preston has a long way to go. Peters is fine where he is. So basically something needs to be done about the center of the line, and some quality depth is needed so one injury doesn't completely burn us. Basically we need 4 interior O-linemen.

Also McGahee needs to step it up but with his attitude and agent, I don't know if that will happen. Hopefully his struggles are related to the o-line struggles, but only time will tell on that one. So far he's been all talk.

And you didn't discuss the safety situation. Vincent and Milloy have had their success, but now they're both constantly a day late and a dollar short. Milloy's worthless as a blitzer and while they both still hit hard, they always get there a step too late to play the ball.

And finally, Nate Clements. We either re-sign him and descend into cap hell, or let him go, in which case we need to replace him because we don't have any other corners who should be starting in the NFL.

So, 2-4 OL, 1-2 DT, a safety, possibly a receiver and possibly a cornerback. That's a huge shopping list but it's the bare minimum necessary to make this team competitive.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2005, 11:26 AM
I disagree.

Wow, there is actually some logic in this post. I like it. The only thing I would add is that Teague needs to go as well. He's been down right awful!!

OpIv37
12-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow, there is actually some logic in this post. I like it. The only thing I would add is that Teague needs to go as well. He's been down right awful!!

I agree that there's some logic to it, which is more than I can say for a lot of posters, so I can appreciate that. I just think there were some key issues he didn't address (see my post above).

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
:monkeyp: :cow:

HHURRICANE
12-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I think we should all pray that TD isn't staying. I'm not sure he is going yet so talk of MM's demise is way premature.

Turf
12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
You all thought this year was bad? Wait until next year. If either Donahoe and Mularkey are still here it will be another dreary season with no hope.

Nighthawk
12-28-2005, 07:15 PM
You all thought this year was bad? Wait until next year. If either Donahoe and Mularkey are still here it will be another dreary season with no hope.

Turf, I can't agree with you more...have you been reading my notes? You basically keep saying the same things that I believe and what many other fans on this site believe. Let's not keep thinking small and lets started thinking BIG and acting like we want to win a Super Bowl. If we want to win a SB, then these 2 jokers need to go because there is no way in hell that we win one with either of these 2 around.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Members of Those Who Get It Club:

HURRICANE
Turf
Nighthawk

:up:

Turf
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Turf, I can't agree with you more...have you been reading my notes? You basically keep saying the same things that I believe and what many other fans on this site believe. Let's not keep thinking small and lets started thinking BIG and acting like we want to win a Super Bowl. If we want to win a SB, then these 2 jokers need to go because there is no way in hell that we win one with either of these 2 around.

It's good to know you're not alone sometimes. Frustrating it is.

Nighthawk
12-28-2005, 09:42 PM
It's good to know you're not alone sometimes. Frustrating it is.

I know, but people will come around...they have to...right?:nervous:

Tatonka
12-29-2005, 12:30 AM

are you seriously giving KH credit for the KC win? i guess he should get credit for the new orleans loss too then? lol.