• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Atlanta should cut Michael Vick

I am so sick of hearing about this guy...entire radio blocks get dedicated to him...

the guy can't get it done...no playoffs again?? What a waste of money. $100 mil?? for that?? They'll never win with him...cut/waived and or released.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Atlanta should cut Michael Vick

You are preaching to the choir, Eb.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
      • Jan 2004

I don't get it.
      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

They can't cut Randall Cunningham down in Atlanta, he sells a lot of jerseys!

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

I think thats ignorant.

All that kid did was win before he had the west coast offense shoved down his throat.

The problem in Atlanta right now is Jim Mora and the fact that coaches call plays because it keeps them valuable.

TMQ yesterday wrote about how QB's who call their own plays generally experience success. He noted Jim Kelly as the last qb who had full authority, and look at how that turned out. He pointed out that Peyton Manning has authority to change plays, but he doesn't generally call them.

Give Vick total control over what gets called on the field and let him dominate.

Football can be a very simple game. Playmakers make plays, yadda yadda yaddda. He's a playmaker.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

They're begining to call for his head down here as well. They have a decent young back-up in Matt Schaub, and a lot of fans are begining to want to see what this kid can do.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I hope they don't cut Vick for one reason: I don't want to see all the idiots posting "Bills should sign Michael Vick!" threads.

What's Dave Krieg doing these days? Maybe we can sign him too.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Watching Vick, he seems to consistently make poor decisions. He'll try to run when there's no lanes, then when running lanes are WIDE open, he'll try to force a pass downfield. He's getting worse instead of better. Whether this is due to the scheme or hs actions only, I'm not sure. Either way, I agree he's way overhyped.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                  Watching Vick, he seems to consistently make poor decisions. He'll try to run when there's no lanes, then when running lanes are WIDE open, he'll try to force a pass downfield. He's getting worse instead of better. Whether this is due to the scheme or hs actions only, I'm not sure. Either way, I agree he's way overhyped.
                  it's just because the media is so desperate to have a successful black quarterback so they play this guy up.

Oh wait, that's McNabb. Sorry.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bmax
                    • Aug 2003

I know you guys are kidding right !!!!! i'LL TAKE VICK OVER HUCKLEBERRY HOLCOMB ......

He is what he is ..and the falcons need to use him that way...Getting him another decent wr might help with a different off scheme....Pro bowler this year he is not .. but cut or waive...NONSENSE....There are at least 10-12 teams that would take him in a heartbeat...

Go Bills

Bmax

PS if the falcons are smart they deal schaub in the off season to an afc team...say the raiders .or nfc.....cardinals, lions
                    Last edited by Bmax; 12-28-2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                      PS if the falcons are smart they deal schaub in the off season to an afc team...say the raiders .or nfc.....cardinals, lions
                      I bet the Dolphins will fork up a 2nd rounder for Schaub, ala Feeley.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                        • Jan 2003

There's no debate about his talent, but if he never bothers to harness it and become a true NFL quarterback, not this college hybrid concoction he's been getting by with, then he's never going to achieve success, IMO.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by paulB
                          I think thats ignorant.

All that kid did was win before he had the west coast offense shoved down his throat.

The problem in Atlanta right now is Jim Mora and the fact that coaches call plays because it keeps them valuable.

TMQ yesterday wrote about how QB's who call their own plays generally experience success. He noted Jim Kelly as the last qb who had full authority, and look at how that turned out. He pointed out that Peyton Manning has authority to change plays, but he doesn't generally call them.

Give Vick total control over what gets called on the field and let him dominate.

Football can be a very simple game. Playmakers make plays, yadda yadda yaddda. He's a playmaker.
                          Exactly. I think Jim Mora is the problem over there. I've never thought that the West Coast Offense was suitable for Vick and he's been forced to play it. You don't implement a scheme and force players to play it, you implement a scheme based on the players you have. If not, you draft and fill thru FA for a scheme that you want (like Dallas did in changing their defense to a 3-4). I don't think they know how to use Vick correctly and instead are hitting a square peg into a round hole. Vick can be very successful with a better scheme suited for him...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Is he overrated?? Of course

Should they cut him?? No freaking way!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              it's just because the media is so desperate to have a successful black quarterback so they play this guy up.
                              Oh wait, that's McNabb. Sorry.
                              Oh you better watch out now Op, Tom Jackson's gonna come and tackle you like you just took Jim Kelly's parking spot at Bristol.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X