IF JP Losman is not starting on Sunday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

IF JP Losman is not starting on Sunday....

You can pretty much assume that Mike Mularkey does not like him and feels that he doesn't have the time to let Losman develop and grow into a good Quarterback of the future. You can also assume that Mularkey knows that his job is in jeopardy and is doing everything he can do to save it be winning. Therefore, he also helps to push the development year of JP Losman to 2006 or maybe never. If he starts Losman, it means that he knows Losman needs the reps and is going to try to get him developed and hopefully not do the same **** that he did this year, next year.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: IF JP Losman is not starting on Sunday....

what's this like/dislike?? coaches coach to win...if JP doesn't play it is because MM needs the win, simple.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      what's this like/dislike?? coaches coach to win...if JP doesn't play it is because MM needs the win, simple.
      But why the hell would he need the win with the last game of the season when the team is only 5-10?

Wins don't matter. Losman needs the ****ing experience. This guy changes Quarterbacks more than hookers change sex partners. It's getting ridiculous. He said after Holcomb got injured that he would stick with Losman for the rest of the season because he finally got it. Well, why the hell isn't he starting this week?

Comment

• finsrclowns
        • Apr 2004

I think JP needs to start Sunday. He gains experience win or lose. It benefits Mularkey also in terms of getting more insight into what JP can do- I doubt if his job hinges on whether he's 6-10 vs. 5-11 anyway.
        finsrclowns

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
          But why the hell would he need the win with the last game of the season when the team is only 5-10?

Wins don't matter. Losman needs the ****ing experience. This guy changes Quarterbacks more than hookers change sex partners. It's getting ridiculous. He said after Holcomb got injured that he would stick with Losman for the rest of the season because he finally got it. Well, why the hell isn't he starting this week?
          May as well give up on this debate mikey. Some people are just never going to get it.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by finsrclowns
            I think JP needs to start Sunday. He gains experience win or lose. It benefits Mularkey also in terms of getting more insight into what JP can do- I doubt if his job hinges on whether he's 6-10 vs. 5-11 anyway.
            If only he was smart enough to realize it.

Comment

• finsrclowns
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              May as well give up on this debate mikey. Some people are just never going to get it.
              finsrclowns

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

BTW, WGR550 was talking about this issue on the morning show and they said something that I totally agreed with.

Mike Mularkey and JP Losman can not co-exist on the same team anymore. Mularkey had this year to let JP Losman take his bumps and bruises and develop to become a better QB and hopefully a good one next year, but he chose to play QB go-round and bungled it badly. It all started when he benched him for a "spark" against the the Tampa Bay Bucs. That began this mess and then he did it again 2 weeks later. He then changed QBs and said that this team can win now. That's why his job is in jeopardy. He knows that he needs to win. He can't afford to let Losman develop next year, and losman is going to need the time, because he only got 8 games this year when he should have gotten the full year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                  I agree! 6-10, 5-11 it shouldn't matter to most coaches and they would start JP. However, I think MM is too scared to do the right thing. In a meaningless game you give the rookie a chance to play. MM isn't a good enough decision maker so Holcomb masks any mistakes. There were plenty of bone headed calls in the Cincy game but a win is a win.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    I agree! 6-10, 5-11 it shouldn't matter to most coaches and they would start JP. However, I think MM is too scared to do the right thing. In a meaningless game you give the rookie a chance to play. MM isn't a good enough decision maker so Holcomb masks any mistakes. There were plenty of bone headed calls in the Cincy game but a win is a win.
                    Just a follow up. JP played well enough to beat Miami but MM turned into a major wussy and his coaching cost us the game.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

BTW, WGR550 was talking about this issue on the morning show and they said something that I totally agreed with.

Mike Mularkey and JP Losman can not co-exist on the same team anymore. Mularkey had this year to let JP Losman take his bumps and bruises and develop to become a better QB and hopefully a good one next year, but he chose to play QB go-round and bungled it badly. It all started when he benched him for a "spark" against the the Tampa Bay Bucs. That began this mess and then he did it again 2 weeks later. He then changed QBs and said that this team can win now. That's why his job is in jeopardy. He knows that he needs to win. He can't afford to let Losman develop next year, and losman is going to need the time, because he only got 8 games this year when he should have gotten the full year.
                      This is SO true. Does anyone really believe for one second that the people here that clamored for KH to start will keep quiet if he earns the job from TC? And if he plays poorly in even one game? I guarantee they will be right back whining to start KH again.

If Mularkey stays, you might as well trade or cut Losman. Any moron could see after 4 games that this team wasnt going to the playoffs, yet MM pulls his 4 start QB instead of benching some of the defense that ACTUALLY blew the games.

He actually must believe that Holcomb is good enough to take us to the playoffs if he is still starting him.

You making a 7 or 8 start QB your scapegoat and letting 30+ year old vets on D and the O who have played horrible still start? Ummm, can you say spineless?

If MM stays, KH starts next year, and yet again we will end up at best 9 and 7 and out of the playoffs with a young QB sitting the bench the whole year and learning NOTHING.

I fully expect all the same people that think KH should start to be right here, same time roughly, crying and whining because we arent going to the playoffs and blew our shot with JP. Stand by kids, if MM stays, its all over in 06 as well!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Just checked the Player's Association and if they push off JP Losman's development for ANOTHER ****ing year, then we might as well trade him. He's only signed thru 2008. That means 3 more years after this year. WTF! By the time Mularkey is ready to develop him and get him his bumps/bruises, Losman will be a ****ing FA.

Losman, J.P.
                        QB (#)
                        Year: 2004

Buffalo Bills
                        Round: 1

Pacific Palisades, CA
                        Position: 22

Salary History

2004 230000.00
                        2005 305000.00
                        2006 385000.00
                        2007 550000.00
                        2008 650000.00

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                          yeah...you don't get it...coaches get fired based on wins...not developing talent...MM's insistence on not starting JP only gives more creedence to the argument he's been told to win and win now or find other employment...he was probably told that somewhere around week 4 or week 5.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Just checked the Player's Association and if they push off JP Losman's development for ANOTHER ****ing year, then we might as well trade him. He's only signed thru 2008. That means 3 more years after this year. WTF! By the time Mularkey is ready to develop him and get him his bumps/bruises, Losman will be a ****ing FA.

Losman, J.P.
                            QB (#)
                            Year: 2004

Buffalo Bills
                            Round: 1

Pacific Palisades, CA
                            Position: 22

Salary History

2004 230000.00
                            2005 305000.00
                            2006 385000.00
                            2007 550000.00
                            2008 650000.00
                            why is this a surprise?? no agent or GM in their right mind would let a 1st rounder sign a 3 year deal...you guys have got to stop thinking like fantasy football owners.

just what do you think JP is worth on the open market?? you'd be hard pressed to get a 3rd or 4th back for him.

btw, it will cost the Bills approx. $2mil to cut him next year...who are you going to get to take over?? You guys are hysterical...you all yell, get rid of Bledsoe, get rid of JP, Holcombe isn't good enough...why should it surprise you that vet's get turned off to the whole situation when you guys can't take it either...I'll say it again...this team started losing the vets when they decided to go to JP...any more disruption and you can just can all 53...

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              why is this a surprise?? no agent or GM in their right mind would let a 1st rounder sign a 3 year deal...you guys have got to stop thinking like fantasy football owners.

just what do you think JP is worth on the open market?? you'd be hard pressed to get a 3rd or 4th back for him.

btw, it will cost the Bills approx. $2mil to cut him next year...who are you going to get to take over?? You guys are hysterical...you all yell, get rid of Bledsoe, get rid of JP, Holcombe isn't good enough...why should it surprise you that vet's get turned off to the whole situation when you guys can't take it either...I'll say it again...this team started losing the vets when they decided to go to JP...any more disruption and you can just can all 53...
                              WTF! You must have read my post wrong. I want him to start!

I'm glad that he has a longer contract, but I'm worried that by the tim Mularkey decides to start his ass, he'll be a FA. This whole thing pisses me off. Mularkey should have just let him develop this year and tried to take the bumps and bruises and admit it.

Comment

Working...
                              X