PDA

View Full Version : IF JP Losman is not starting on Sunday....

Michael82
12-28-2005, 01:46 PM
You can pretty much assume that Mike Mularkey does not like him and feels that he doesn't have the time to let Losman develop and grow into a good Quarterback of the future. You can also assume that Mularkey knows that his job is in jeopardy and is doing everything he can do to save it be winning. Therefore, he also helps to push the development year of JP Losman to 2006 or maybe never. If he starts Losman, it means that he knows Losman needs the reps and is going to try to get him developed and hopefully not do the same **** that he did this year, next year.

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 01:48 PM
what's this like/dislike?? coaches coach to win...if JP doesn't play it is because MM needs the win, simple.

Michael82
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
what's this like/dislike?? coaches coach to win...if JP doesn't play it is because MM needs the win, simple.
But why the hell would he need the win with the last game of the season when the team is only 5-10? :ill:

Wins don't matter. Losman needs the ****ing experience. This guy changes Quarterbacks more than hookers change sex partners. It's getting ridiculous. He said after Holcomb got injured that he would stick with Losman for the rest of the season because he finally got it. Well, why the hell isn't he starting this week? :mad:

finsrclowns
12-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I think JP needs to start Sunday. He gains experience win or lose. It benefits Mularkey also in terms of getting more insight into what JP can do- I doubt if his job hinges on whether he's 6-10 vs. 5-11 anyway.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 02:18 PM
But why the hell would he need the win with the last game of the season when the team is only 5-10? :ill:

Wins don't matter. Losman needs the ****ing experience. This guy changes Quarterbacks more than hookers change sex partners. It's getting ridiculous. He said after Holcomb got injured that he would stick with Losman for the rest of the season because he finally got it. Well, why the hell isn't he starting this week? :mad:

May as well give up on this debate mikey. Some people are just never going to get it.

Michael82
12-28-2005, 02:29 PM
I think JP needs to start Sunday. He gains experience win or lose. It benefits Mularkey also in terms of getting more insight into what JP can do- I doubt if his job hinges on whether he's 6-10 vs. 5-11 anyway.
If only he was smart enough to realize it. :sigh:

finsrclowns
12-28-2005, 02:30 PM
May as well give up on this debate mikey. Some people are just never going to get it.

:lmao:

Michael82
12-28-2005, 02:46 PM
BTW, WGR550 was talking about this issue on the morning show and they said something that I totally agreed with.

Mike Mularkey and JP Losman can not co-exist on the same team anymore. Mularkey had this year to let JP Losman take his bumps and bruises and develop to become a better QB and hopefully a good one next year, but he chose to play QB go-round and bungled it badly. It all started when he benched him for a "spark" against the the Tampa Bay Bucs. That began this mess and then he did it again 2 weeks later. He then changed QBs and said that this team can win now. That's why his job is in jeopardy. He knows that he needs to win. He can't afford to let Losman develop next year, and losman is going to need the time, because he only got 8 games this year when he should have gotten the full year.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2005, 02:48 PM

I agree! 6-10, 5-11 it shouldn't matter to most coaches and they would start JP. However, I think MM is too scared to do the right thing. In a meaningless game you give the rookie a chance to play. MM isn't a good enough decision maker so Holcomb masks any mistakes. There were plenty of bone headed calls in the Cincy game but a win is a win.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I agree! 6-10, 5-11 it shouldn't matter to most coaches and they would start JP. However, I think MM is too scared to do the right thing. In a meaningless game you give the rookie a chance to play. MM isn't a good enough decision maker so Holcomb masks any mistakes. There were plenty of bone headed calls in the Cincy game but a win is a win.

Just a follow up. JP played well enough to beat Miami but MM turned into a major wussy and his coaching cost us the game.

X-Era
12-28-2005, 02:55 PM
BTW, WGR550 was talking about this issue on the morning show and they said something that I totally agreed with.

Mike Mularkey and JP Losman can not co-exist on the same team anymore. Mularkey had this year to let JP Losman take his bumps and bruises and develop to become a better QB and hopefully a good one next year, but he chose to play QB go-round and bungled it badly. It all started when he benched him for a "spark" against the the Tampa Bay Bucs. That began this mess and then he did it again 2 weeks later. He then changed QBs and said that this team can win now. That's why his job is in jeopardy. He knows that he needs to win. He can't afford to let Losman develop next year, and losman is going to need the time, because he only got 8 games this year when he should have gotten the full year.

This is SO true. Does anyone really believe for one second that the people here that clamored for KH to start will keep quiet if he earns the job from TC? And if he plays poorly in even one game? I guarantee they will be right back whining to start KH again.

If Mularkey stays, you might as well trade or cut Losman. Any moron could see after 4 games that this team wasnt going to the playoffs, yet MM pulls his 4 start QB instead of benching some of the defense that ACTUALLY blew the games.

He actually must believe that Holcomb is good enough to take us to the playoffs if he is still starting him.

You making a 7 or 8 start QB your scapegoat and letting 30+ year old vets on D and the O who have played horrible still start? Ummm, can you say spineless?

If MM stays, KH starts next year, and yet again we will end up at best 9 and 7 and out of the playoffs with a young QB sitting the bench the whole year and learning NOTHING.

I fully expect all the same people that think KH should start to be right here, same time roughly, crying and whining because we arent going to the playoffs and blew our shot with JP. Stand by kids, if MM stays, its all over in 06 as well!

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Just checked the Player's Association and if they push off JP Losman's development for ANOTHER ****ing year, then we might as well trade him. He's only signed thru 2008. That means 3 more years after this year. WTF! By the time Mularkey is ready to develop him and get him his bumps/bruises, Losman will be a ****ing FA. :mad:

Losman, J.P.
QB (#)
Year: 2004

Buffalo Bills
Round: 1

Pacific Palisades, CA
Position: 22

Salary History

2004 230000.00
2005 305000.00
2006 385000.00
2007 550000.00
2008 650000.00

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
yeah...you don't get it...coaches get fired based on wins...not developing talent...MM's insistence on not starting JP only gives more creedence to the argument he's been told to win and win now or find other employment...he was probably told that somewhere around week 4 or week 5.

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Just checked the Player's Association and if they push off JP Losman's development for ANOTHER ****ing year, then we might as well trade him. He's only signed thru 2008. That means 3 more years after this year. WTF! By the time Mularkey is ready to develop him and get him his bumps/bruises, Losman will be a ****ing FA. :mad:

Losman, J.P.
QB (#)
Year: 2004

Buffalo Bills
Round: 1

Pacific Palisades, CA
Position: 22

Salary History

2004 230000.00
2005 305000.00
2006 385000.00
2007 550000.00
2008 650000.00
why is this a surprise?? no agent or GM in their right mind would let a 1st rounder sign a 3 year deal...you guys have got to stop thinking like fantasy football owners.

just what do you think JP is worth on the open market?? you'd be hard pressed to get a 3rd or 4th back for him.

btw, it will cost the Bills approx. $2mil to cut him next year...who are you going to get to take over?? You guys are hysterical...you all yell, get rid of Bledsoe, get rid of JP, Holcombe isn't good enough...why should it surprise you that vet's get turned off to the whole situation when you guys can't take it either...I'll say it again...this team started losing the vets when they decided to go to JP...any more disruption and you can just can all 53...

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:20 PM
why is this a surprise?? no agent or GM in their right mind would let a 1st rounder sign a 3 year deal...you guys have got to stop thinking like fantasy football owners.

just what do you think JP is worth on the open market?? you'd be hard pressed to get a 3rd or 4th back for him.

btw, it will cost the Bills approx. $2mil to cut him next year...who are you going to get to take over?? You guys are hysterical...you all yell, get rid of Bledsoe, get rid of JP, Holcombe isn't good enough...why should it surprise you that vet's get turned off to the whole situation when you guys can't take it either...I'll say it again...this team started losing the vets when they decided to go to JP...any more disruption and you can just can all 53...
WTF! You must have read my post wrong. I want him to start! :mad:

I'm glad that he has a longer contract, but I'm worried that by the tim Mularkey decides to start his ass, he'll be a FA. This whole thing pisses me off. Mularkey should have just let him develop this year and tried to take the bumps and bruises and admit it.

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 03:23 PM
WTF! You must have read my post wrong. I want him to start! :mad:

I'm glad that he has a longer contract, but I'm worried that by the tim Mularkey decides to start his ass, he'll be a FA. This whole thing pisses me off. Mularkey should have just let him develop this year and tried to take the bumps and bruises and admit it.
MM, or any other head coach is not here to develop talent...they are here to win...

I always ask...WWLD...what would Levy do? Losman would still have been planted firmly on the bench...maybe even through next year...where is it written that you HAVE to start somebody before they are ready? yes...playing garners experience but you have to look at the team around the player...this was not a team ready to give the keys to an unproven QB...

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:24 PM
yeah...you don't get it...coaches get fired based on wins...not developing talent...MM's insistence on not starting JP only gives more creedence to the argument he's been told to win and win now or find other employment...he was probably told that somewhere around week 4 or week 5.
yeah you are probably right and thats ****ed up. Because this team doesnt have enough talent right now to win everything now. Hell, they couldnt even get into the playoffs on a bad year for the league.

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:25 PM
MM, or any other head coach is not here to develop talent...they are here to win...

I always ask...WWLD...what would Levy do? Losman would still have been planted firmly on the bench...maybe even through next year...where is it written that you HAVE to start somebody before they are ready? yes...playing garners experience but you have to look at the team around the player...this was not a team ready to give the keys to an unproven QB...
they why the **** did they cut Bledsoe and not have a QB competition in camp? Mularkey really ****ed that up, didnt he?

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah you are probably right and thats ****ed up. Because this team doesnt have enough talent right now to win everything now. Hell, they couldnt even get into the playoffs on a bad year for the league.
really? they went into Cincy and played quite well and won the game...fluke? maybe...but then again maybe it is about attitude...players have futures to play for also...it would be nice to rerun this season with Williams at DT and Bledsoe at QB...maybe the vets would have been on board since day 1.

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
they why the **** did they cut Bledsoe and not have a QB competition in camp? Mularkey really ****ed that up, didnt he?
I don't have an answer for that...maybe DB pushed their hand...they were over the cap...maybe DB didn't want to redo his deal or take a pay cut...maybe they had no choice...

...or maybe MM and/or TD want players who tow the line and don't ask questions...

for some reason there may be more to the latter rather than the former.

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:29 PM
really? they went into Cincy and played quite well and won the game...fluke? maybe...but then again maybe it is about attitude...players have futures to play for also...it would be nice to rerun this season with Williams at DT and Bledsoe at QB...maybe the vets would have been on board since day 1.
or maybe Bledsoe would have been sacked a record amount of times and it would have been same old? I don't know what it is about this team, but they can't win. I think they lack heart and mental toughness and have for a while.

Ebenezer
12-28-2005, 03:35 PM
or maybe Bledsoe would have been sacked a record amount of times and it would have been same old? I don't know what it is about this team, but they can't win. I think they lack heart and mental toughness and have for a while.
Holcombe is as much of a statue as DB...how many sacks has he taken? Also, have you watched any Dallas games this year or the last 8 Bills games of last year? DB, while not mobile, is moving up in the pocket more...he would still get sacked but there is no proof to say that he would be getting sacked more...

Gunzlingr
12-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't have an answer for that...maybe DB pushed their hand...they were over the cap...maybe DB didn't want to redo his deal or take a pay cut...maybe they had no choice...

This is my theory. DB wasn't going to restructure and didn't want any competition.

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:53 PM
This is my theory. DB wasn't going to restructure and didn't want any competition.
That wouldnt surprise me.

Novacane
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I doubt if his job hinges on whether he's 6-10 vs. 5-11 anyway.

I agree. A win against a pathetic Jets team should not be make or break for him.

X-Era
12-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree. A win against a pathetic Jets team should not be make or break for him.

I have no doubt that we would have ended with the same record or 1 game worse if JP started all season. I said 3 weeks in, that Holcomb could buy us 1 maybe 2 wins more than JP and that it would be the difference between 4 and 12 and 6 and 10 and no playoffs, well here we are.

Apparently 6 and 10 is enough to earn a career backup the start.

Its just plain ridiculous, 10 frikkin years we wasted on QB's that werent SB or playoff caliper, even with a good supporting cast on one side or the other.

But NOW all of the sudden, with a 5 and 10 record, a terrible defense, a pathetic o-line, and so many question on and off the field, a 10 backup who has NEVER proven to be playoff, SB, or even starting material is gonna light the league DESPITE all the aforementioned problems on THIS team and take us into the playoffs.

Anyone who believes that seriously needs to come back to reality. Why let this teams past 10 years and Kellys past 10 years be a predictor of next year, lets start him!

Michael82
12-28-2005, 05:04 PM
he's not smart enough to realize that. :ill:

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah...you don't get it...coaches get fired based on wins...

Then I guess with 5 wins we should be seeing MM get fired. :up:

Turf
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Anyone who can't see that an uninjured Losman should start these last two games has NO football sense.

Nighthawk
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Anyone who can't see that an uninjured Losman should start these last two games has NO football sense.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! A football fan who gets it! :goodpost:

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 07:13 PM

:posrep:

Michael82
12-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! A football fan who gets it! :goodpost:
there are a lot of us out there! :doh:

It's just the ****ing coach that can't "get it" :sigh:

kinigirly
12-28-2005, 08:32 PM
part of me was glad jp didn't start last week. jp's arm and leg got messed up, and i was afraid another ****** showing of protection by the o-line would just make him vulnerable for worse injuries. oh but what a shocker the o-line showed up for kh. whatever. i'm expecting to see kh, and in no way is this trying to be mean by saying this...buy i wouldn't be surprised if kh asked mm if he could start the last game of the season.

Turf
12-28-2005, 09:10 PM
For some reason it's pretty obvious the players in the locker room don't like JP. Maybe the rumors are true, but it's the only thing that makes sense.
BTW, who was the Ahole that signed a rookie head coach to a 5 year deal, who would have taken half the amount for 3 years. Oh yeah, dumb dumb himself.

Michael82
12-28-2005, 09:17 PM
For some reason it's pretty obvious the players in the locker room don't like JP. Maybe the rumors are true, but it's the only thing that makes sense.
BTW, who was the Ahole that signed a rookie head coach to a 5 year deal, who would have taken half the amount for 3 years. Oh yeah, dumb dumb himself.
that should be why Ralph fires TD. 5-years to a rookie head coach when the last one sucked??? Come on! :ill:

ScottLawrence
12-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Holcombe is as much of a statue as DB...how many sacks has he taken? Also, have you watched any Dallas games this year or the last 8 Bills games of last year? DB, while not mobile, is moving up in the pocket more...he would still get sacked but there is no proof to say that he would be getting sacked more...

Although your point on MM needing wins to save his job are correct, your way off on Bledsoe.

HHURRICANE
12-29-2005, 09:28 AM

I was listening to NFL Radio(Sirrius) this AM and they brought up the QB contoversy in Buffalo. They said it is pretty much around the league that veterans on this team were pissed from day one that Losman was handed the job. They said that it would be the same on any team. So I don't think it's a "JP" issue as much as having a veteran as your starter.

They also pointed out that Moulds has been pretty vocal in the locker room about wanting Holcomb as the QB. Now, I already got negged for not being a Moulds butt buddy but this team, with Moulds on it, and KH as QB is at best 9-7 next year. It's our team chemistry that sucks. We need changes.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Although your point on MM needing wins to save his job are correct, your way off on Bledsoe.
really?? in 15 games he has been sacked 45 times...in 9 games Losman has been sacked 25 times...in 9 games Holcombe has been sacked 15 times...over 15 games is there really a difference between 45 and 40 sacks??

Bledsoe was sacked 37 times last year...less then Carr, Culpepper, Vick, Brooks, Bulger, Warner and Rattay. Six other QB were sacked 32 to 36 times last year...so, Bledsoe was not as sack prone as everybody thinks.

again, you have no way to prove he would be sacked any more than JP or KH.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
I was listening to NFL Radio(Sirrius) this AM and they brought up the QB contoversy in Buffalo. They said it is pretty much around the league that veterans on this team were pissed from day one that Losman was handed the job.

some of us non-radio non-experts have been saying this all season...

HHURRICANE
12-29-2005, 10:07 AM
some of us non-radio non-experts have been saying this all season...

I agree but a good head coach knows how to handle a situation like this. He totally game planned in a way that made it hard for JP to succeed. Instead of 5 yard dump off passes that JP doesn't like to throw, he should have been spreading out the field like the Miami, Houston and Chiefs games. You can't get the veterans to buy in unless you can prove that Losman's style fits the offensive scheme better. The problem is that Holcomb and Losman are 2 different styles and MM used the same scheme for both. MM offense fits Holcomb's style better with a more conservative approach. Losman is a run and gunner kind of guy.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I agree but a good head coach knows how to handle a situation like this. He totally game planned in a way that made it hard for JP to succeed. Instead of 5 yard dump off passes that JP doesn't like to throw, he should have been spreading out the field like the Miami, Houston and Chiefs games. You can't get the veterans to buy in unless you can prove that Losman's style fits the offensive scheme better. The problem is that Holcomb and Losman are 2 different styles and MM used the same scheme for both. MM offense fits Holcomb's style better with a more conservative approach. Losman is a run and gunner kind of guy.
that's called a "system"...

and we have no clue as to the type of QB JP is...he needs to show something regardless the system...in 1986 JK was surrended by crap but he still looked like a QB with promise...system, OL, QB, coaching?? probably a combination of all of them...we do know this, vets who go 9-7 and are a play away from the playoffs don't believe a virtual rookie can take them to the playoffs...

Michael82
12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Damn you Mularkey!!! :mad:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Losman did tweak a knee in the Patriots game, but that injury was never listed on the club's official weekly report, and there has never been mention of a bad thigh. Coach Mike Mularkey seemed to suggest that Losman's thigh pain developed as a result of the sore knee.

"Sometimes when one thing's wrong, you overcompensate with other things and you put yourself at risk to injure yourself further, and we won't do that," he said.

Mularkey said that it's likely he would start Holcomb again, but that could change depending how Losman feels the rest of the week.

"I'd like to get him in the game, if he takes enough reps and I feel he's healthy enough, but I'm not going to put him out there if he's not healthy," Mularkey said. "That's not fair to him or for our team. He looked good today, but we'll see where he is tomorrow."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/9121435

Michael82
12-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Losman did tweak a knee in the Patriots game, but that injury was never listed on the club's official weekly report, and there has never been mention of a bad thigh. Coach Mike Mularkey seemed to suggest that Losman's thigh pain developed as a result of the sore knee.

"Sometimes when one thing's wrong, you overcompensate with other things and you put yourself at risk to injure yourself further, and we won't do that," he said.

Mularkey said that it's likely he would start Holcomb again, but that could change depending how Losman feels the rest of the week.

"I'd like to get him in the game, if he takes enough reps and I feel he's healthy enough, but I'm not going to put him out there if he's not healthy," Mularkey said. "That's not fair to him or for our team. He looked good today, but we'll see where he is tomorrow."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/9121435
BS! I don't believe a single thing that comes out of that *******'s mouth. :mad:

ScottLawrence
12-29-2005, 04:57 PM
really?? in 15 games he has been sacked 45 times...in 9 games Losman has been sacked 25 times...in 9 games Holcombe has been sacked 15 times...over 15 games is there really a difference between 45 and 40 sacks??

Bledsoe was sacked 37 times last year...less then Carr, Culpepper, Vick, Brooks, Bulger, Warner and Rattay. Six other QB were sacked 32 to 36 times last year...so, Bledsoe was not as sack prone as everybody thinks.

again, you have no way to prove he would be sacked any more than JP or KH.

Thats not my point.

Bledsoe's inability to win big games, against good teams to me, is the reason he was released last year.

His piss poor performance in the Steelers game was the last straw.

The_Philster
12-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Then we should've released a lot of players in addition to Bledsoe...because he was far from the only player that choked

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Thats not my point.

Bledsoe's inability to win big games, against good teams to me, is the reason he was released last year.

His piss poor performance in the Steelers game was the last straw.
yup...he should have tackled Parker on the 58 yard run...

but seriously...

Bledsoe was let go because the Bills had to get under the cap...we do not know if he wouldn't redo his deal or if they wanted him to take a pay cut or what...not because he only went 9-7 last year...

ScottLawrence
12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
yup...he should have tackled Parker on the 58 yard run...

but seriously...

Bledsoe was let go because the Bills had to get under the cap...we do not know if he wouldn't redo his deal or if they wanted him to take a pay cut or what...not because he only went 9-7 last year...

No, he shouldn't have looked like a typical rookie making his first start.

I remember that game like it was yesterday.

Bledsoe should've been picked off at least 5 times.

He was making very dumb decisions, when he had plenty of time to throw.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
No, he shouldn't have looked like a typical rookie making his first start.

I remember that game like it was yesterday.

Bledsoe should've been picked off at least 5 times.

He was making very dumb decisions, when he had plenty of time to throw.
should have do not win or lose games...Bruce Smith should have knocked the ball out of Hostetler's hands and scored a TD instead of a safety in SB XXV...we win...:shakeno:

i was at the stadium...the Bills were winning...the coaches decided not to go for a first down...Lindell missed a kick...Parker breaks off a 58 yard run...momentum broken...Steelers defense brings back in a couple of starters and blitzes like mad...what did I miss that Bledsoe could have done to keep the events as they were before the coaches, Lindell and the defense crapped the bed.

The Natrix
12-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I was supportive of the initial benching of Losman, but I would much rather see him play against the Jets rather than Holcomb. There is not going to be a strong enough supporting cast next year to allow a Holcomb led team to make a run, IMO. Losman has so much more upside than Holcomb. I really think Losman can develop into the type of QB that can carry a team on his back when neccessary. I just don't see any reason for Mularkey and co. to start Holcomb other than to save their own asses.

I wasn't rooting for this to happen during the Cinnci game, but now I really do hope that Holcomb plays poorly. This is under the assumption that JP is healthy, which I think he is.

Let thy negs fall upon thee.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I was supportive of the initial benching of Losman, but I would much rather see him play against the Jets rather than Holcomb. There is not going to be a strong enough supporting cast next year to allow a Holcomb led team to make a run, IMO. Losman has so much more upside than Holcomb. I really think Losman can develop into the type of QB that can carry a team on his back when neccessary. I just don't see any reason for Mularkey and co. to start Holcomb other than to save their own asses.

I wasn't rooting for this to happen during the Cinnci game, but now I really do hope that Holcomb plays poorly. This is under the assumption that JP is healthy, which I think he is.

Let thy negs fall upon thee.
I don't think anybody disagrees with you...if KH is to be the QB of this team then have they really "moved forward for the future"?

kinigirly
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM

I wasn't rooting for this to happen during the Cinnci game, but now I really do hope that Holcomb plays poorly.

perhaps you should remove the Holcombmaniac from under your sig

The Natrix
12-29-2005, 08:05 PM
perhaps you should remove the Holcombmaniac from under your sig

yeah, but I don't know how. I could shoot LOG a pm, but it would probably take two months to get fixed. :rolleyes:

Just kidding LOG.

dolphinssuck
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Let thy negs fall upon thee.:goodpost: I could not agree more JP has a good upside and could be a very good QB with the Bills if his line blocks for him which is one reason he get the bad rap because hes constantly on the run. I dont understand why you would want KH when hes bascially been a BU his whole career and JP is a good young player who can grow into a great QB if giving the chance.

jpdex12
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM

If they are not here to develop talent, then why in the hell would anyone trade a 1st rounder to draft a 1st round QB and basicaly sit him for two years? I say two years because they ****cked around enough switching JP in and out that they wasted the second year of his development. There is only so much to learn from holding a clip board. MM is balless!

jpdex12
12-29-2005, 08:40 PM
I have no doubt that we would have ended with the same record or 1 game worse if JP started all season. I said 3 weeks in, that Holcomb could buy us 1 maybe 2 wins more than JP and that it would be the difference between 4 and 12 and 6 and 10 and no playoffs, well here we are.

Apparently 6 and 10 is enough to earn a career backup the start.

Its just plain ridiculous, 10 frikkin years we wasted on QB's that werent SB or playoff caliper, even with a good supporting cast on one side or the other.

But NOW all of the sudden, with a 5 and 10 record, a terrible defense, a pathetic o-line, and so many question on and off the field, a 10 backup who has NEVER proven to be playoff, SB, or even starting material is gonna light the league DESPITE all the aforementioned problems on THIS team and take us into the playoffs.

Anyone who believes that seriously needs to come back to reality. Why let this teams past 10 years and Kellys past 10 years be a predictor of next year, lets start him!:bf1: :spade:

kinigirly
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
yeah, but I don't know how. I could shoot LOG a pm, but it would probably take two months to get fixed. :rolleyes:

Just kidding LOG.

user cp>group memberships>click on Leave Group for Holcombmaniacs

Philagape
12-29-2005, 08:50 PM
should have do not win or lose games...Bruce Smith should have knocked the ball out of Hostetler's hands and scored a TD instead of a safety in SB XXV...we win...:shakeno:

i was at the stadium...the Bills were winning...the coaches decided not to go for a first down...Lindell missed a kick...Parker breaks off a 58 yard run...momentum broken...Steelers defense brings back in a couple of starters and blitzes like mad...what did I miss that Bledsoe could have done to keep the events as they were before the coaches, Lindell and the defense crapped the bed.

Regardless of what anyone else did (irrelevant in a thread about QBs), Bledsoe had a bad game. He crapped the bed too.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-29-2005, 11:10 PM
So is this an injury that's really keeping Losman on the sideline?
The answer is yes, says Losman's agent, Gary Wichard. Wichard backed up Mularkey's comments, saying Losman is legitimately banged up. He did not want to get specific about the injury either, but Wichard said Losman definitely is not 100 percent.
http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20051229/1033967.asp

J-Dog
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
The culprit here is our self-proclaimed best running back in the league (McGahee). He was suppose to take pressure off of our young QB and never did that!! I agree with letting Losman getting the reps, but why subject him to the abuse? Our O-Line is horrible, fix that then start him!!!!!

dolphinssuck
12-30-2005, 04:47 AM
The culprit here is our self-proclaimed best running back in the league (McGahee). He was suppose to take pressure off of our young QB and never did that!! I agree with letting Losman getting the reps, but why subject him to the abuse? Our O-Line is horrible, fix that then start him!!!!!Wouldnt that be subjecting McGahee to a horrible O line as well?

SpillerThrills
12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
The culprit here is our self-proclaimed best running back in the league (McGahee). He was suppose to take pressure off of our young QB and never did that!! I agree with letting Losman getting the reps, but why subject him to the abuse? Our O-Line is horrible, fix that then start him!!!!!

McGahee could have helped take off the pressure from JP but the O-Line would let a pee wee team defense get to the QB!!! they suck!

BillsFever21
12-31-2005, 09:52 AM

Yeah, he sure has played great the last 8 games.

The first 10 games all of his supporters were saying the Cowboys were SB bound becaue of Bledsoe and we messed up.

Bledsoe then went into this normal midseason disaster and now it will take a miracle to even make the playoffs.

Get over your Bledsoe boner. He is junk and we would still be sitting home watching the playoffs next week with him.

Ebenezer
12-31-2005, 10:19 AM

The first 10 games all of his supporters were saying the Cowboys were SB bound becaue of Bledsoe and we messed up.

Bledsoe then went into this normal midseason disaster and now it will take a miracle to even make the playoffs.

Get over your Bledsoe boner. He is junk and we would still be sitting home watching the playoffs next week with him.
my how you exaggerate

1. Never said Bledsoe was taking anybody to the SB. I said he was the best chance at QB for the Bills to make the playoffs.
2. A Dallas win and a Redskin or Panther loss and the 'Boys are in the playoffs.
3. Your boy is a healthy scratch and has only beaten Houston. Whoopppie!!

Next.

Bill Cody
12-31-2005, 10:30 AM

Maybe we would. But this season has shown one thing: we're worse off without him than with 1-7 Lossman. And BTW, Dallas was 5-3 in the 1st half. If they win tomorrow they will be 5-3 in the 2nd half with a tougher schedule. Drew's play went down some after they lost their LT but I realize only Lossman gets excuses.:funny:
I don't consider ATL at home over Carolina a miracle either.

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Bledsoe then went into this normal midseason disaster and now it will take a miracle to even make the playoffs.of course it's purely coincidental that he lost Flozell Adams at LT 6 games into the season :scratch:

Ebenezer
12-31-2005, 11:45 AM
of course it's purely coincidental that he lost Flozell Adams at LT 6 games into the season :scratch:
13 sackes in the first 6 games...32 in the next 9...also lost Jones in the same game...might have something to do with it...

let's see...Bledsoe left the game in the defenses hands at least three time with the lead...Dallas defense blew the game against Washington at the end...the game against Seattle on the last play (gave up two scores in the last minute!) and they lost to Denver on the first drive of OT...in theory could have been 12 wins...

I still think that ranks better than the 2005 JP/KH show and the Bills

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 11:47 AM
I have to question why Marcus Price hasn't gotten playing time down there :huh: ...he always did a pretty solid job here :idunno:

Philagape
12-31-2005, 12:10 PM
About those three games ....

The Dallas offense scored 13 points against Washington. If the defense had not have blown it, it would have gotten credit for the win.

That last play against Seattle was after Drew's INT in his own zone (the second-last play). He literally gave that game away.

And Denver never trailed in their game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251124006

It cannot be disputed that Drew is in a better situation there than he would have been here. Better coaching, better line. If his success is dependent on his surroundings (as pointed out by the Flozell Adams comments), what difference would he have made here?

Six of Dallas' wins are by four points or less, so they could be 3-12 too.

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't think anyone's implying that he would've done as well here, though. I know I certainly wasn't...I knew he'd bounce back, at least a little bit, under the Tuna and there was little chance he'd do as well here as he was going to do in Dallas...Tuna drafted him and Drew's greatest successes have come under Parcells

Philagape
12-31-2005, 12:20 PM
That's one reason he's a HOF coach.

Ebenezer
12-31-2005, 01:00 PM
That's one reason he's a HOF coach.
the bottom line is this...

REGARDLESS THE DECISIONS AND INJURY SITUATIONS (aka no if's)...

did you want JP instead of DB??
are you happy with this season or that we built for the future instead of made a run for the playoffs??
was it worthwhile cutting DB and giving JP the job??
are the bills in a better place for having cut DB??

if you answered Yes to any of these questions then you cannot for one minute want TD and/or MM fired. Why? YOU got exactly what YOU wanted.

Bill Cody
12-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I have to question why Marcus Price hasn't gotten playing time down there :huh: ...he always did a pretty solid job here :idunno:

Good point. I always thought Price was a a pretty decent player also.

Ebenezer
12-31-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't think anyone's implying that he would've done as well here, though. I know I certainly wasn't...I knew he'd bounce back, at least a little bit, under the Tuna and there was little chance he'd do as well here as he was going to do in Dallas...Tuna drafted him and Drew's greatest successes have come under Parcells
more playing time?? he has gotten zero.

Bill Cody
12-31-2005, 01:08 PM
About those three games ....

The Dallas offense scored 13 points against Washington. If the defense had not have blown it, it would have gotten credit for the win.

That last play against Seattle was after Drew's INT in his own zone (the second-last play). He literally gave that game away.

And Denver never trailed in their game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251124006

It cannot be disputed that Drew is in a better situation there than he would have been here. Better coaching, better line. If his success is dependent on his surroundings (as pointed out by the Flozell Adams comments), what difference would he have made here?

Six of Dallas' wins are by four points or less, so they could be 3-12 too.

In all three of those games you mentioned the Cowboys missed FG's under 35 yards that would have won the games. DB leads the NFL with 5 4th quarter comeback wins including 2 in the last 3 weeks.

There are a bunch of teams whose fortunes would plummet if they lost their starting LT, not just Dallas. And we discovered this year that DB wasn't the problem, the OL was. That is painfully obvious. But using a 1st, 2nd and 5th rounders on OL would have been a nice start to rebuilding the line instead of flushing the picks on Lossman.

Philagape
12-31-2005, 01:19 PM
the bottom line is this...

REGARDLESS THE DECISIONS AND INJURY SITUATIONS (aka no if's)...

did you want JP instead of DB??
are you happy with this season or that we built for the future instead of made a run for the playoffs??
was it worthwhile cutting DB and giving JP the job??
are the bills in a better place for having cut DB??

if you answered Yes to any of these questions then you cannot for one minute want TD and/or MM fired. Why? YOU got exactly what YOU wanted.

We would not have made a run for the playoffs if Peyton Manning was our QB, so that wasn't an option. We do not have a playoff o-line, playoff defense or playoff coaching. Therefore it didn't matter who our QB was; therefore, yes it was worthwhile to cut an overpaid QB who wasn't going to take us anywhere, who needed a HOF coach to fix him, and begin JP's development. The sooner he gets experience, the sooner he'll be able to help us.
I want TD fired because of the above shortcomings. I didn't want our o-line, defense and coaching to suck. I expected more.

ScottLawrence
12-31-2005, 01:22 PM
I'll take Holcomb over Bledsoe any day.

Philagape
12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
I'll take Holcomb over Bledsoe any day.

Me too

G. Host
12-31-2005, 09:57 PM

Maybe if he felt the fans and the press were giving him a break (he did not look at Buffalo fans and press enough before taking job) and not acting like they were the firing squad, he WOULD not feel he needs the win.

Or JP who has seemed pretty fragile unlike his idol Farve might not have recovered completely from that beating in New England?

Or MM has determined that the OL can not protect him now he is dinged up including what might be a knee injury and can not badmouth line too much if he wants to recruit new OL next year.

We will never know since almost every member of the press in Buffalo/Rochester area has been writing their slant on every story for most of the year; there is not ONE writer I would say is impartial right now and that is very, very bad for sports news.

Michael82
12-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe if he felt the fans and the press were giving him a break (he did not look at Buffalo fans and press enough before taking job) and not acting like they were the firing squad, he WOULD not feel he needs the win.

Or JP who has seemed pretty fragile unlike his idol Farve might not have recovered completely from that beating in New England?

Or MM has determined that the OL can not protect him now he is dinged up including what might be a knee injury and can not badmouth line too much if he wants to recruit new OL next year.

We will never know since almost every member of the press in Buffalo/Rochester area has been writing their slant on every story for most of the year; there is not ONE writer I would say is impartial right now and that is very, very bad for sports news.
:rolleyes: If you think Buffalo fans and press are bad, you aint seen nothing yet. It's worse all over the NFL. Look at all the bad teams getting ripped to shreds.

G. Host
01-14-2006, 08:39 PM
:rolleyes: If you think Buffalo fans and press are bad, you aint seen nothing yet. It's worse all over the NFL. Look at all the bad teams getting ripped to shreds.

Bad but not worse. In other markets there are defenders in press but it Buffalo there are so few publications and they are dominated by such anti-Bills people that the Bills personel do not have a chance once they lose a game.