PDA

View Full Version : Bills accused of stifling fans

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Among the many disgruntled Buffalo Bills season-ticket holders, Mike Allenbaugh looked forward to having the chance to voice his frustrations at the team's final home game by holding up a sign of protest.

After checking the team's stadium policy, Allenbaugh came up with a sign that read: "firE coacheS dumP maNagement" -- the capital letters aligned to spell out ESPN, the national cable-TV network which broadcast the Dec. 17 game in which Denver defeated Buffalo 28-17.

Full article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/12/28/bc.fbn.bills.unhappyfan.ap/)

*Edited. Due to copyrights please remember to include only a couple of paragraphs when reprinting articles.* nbf

Michael82
12-28-2005, 03:14 PM
It's about damn time that the media says something about this. This issue has really bothered me. TD is like a ****ing Nazi and he makes the security guys do his dirty work. :mad:

STAMPY
12-28-2005, 03:18 PM
that's gay

ArcticWildMan
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Thank you TD for making us the equal of the Detroit Lions. :ill:

Michael82
12-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Thank you TD for making us the equal of the Detroit Lions. :ill:
Yeah doesn't it really suck? :puke:

I hate you, TD! :mad:

buffalofan19
12-28-2005, 05:15 PM
County Executive Joel Giambra said the Bills, under the lease agreement, have complete control over the stadium during a game and can set their own rules. But he expressed concern that the team might be stifling free speech by confiscating signs.
"I don't see why they would be that restrictive," Giambra said. "As an elected official, I'm subject to jeers and cheers ... From a constitutional standpoint, I think it would be inappropriate to restrict people's free speech if it's allowed."

Yeah, I would have to say that Giambra is definitely an expert on the matter.

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Why do people get their panties so in a bunch. Big freakin deal they took his sign away.

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
How is this consititutional? The Bills are not a division of the government. Private businesses are able to do things like this and it is fully legal.

The_Philster
12-28-2005, 07:16 PM
How is this consititutional? The Bills are not a division of the government. Private businesses are able to do things like this and it is fully legal. agreed...and I think the worst part of it is when the fans go off on the security guys taking the signs...they're just doing their jobs...most of the ones I've talked to support what the signs are saying...but can't let them be up because of orders from above...thing is, while it's completely legal, it's very telling..that Donahoe can't take the heat

Dozerdog
12-28-2005, 07:54 PM
As long as the jokers with the sign arent blocking my view of the field, i could care less.

DynaPaul
12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
it's very telling..that Donahoe can't take the heat

Poor lil baby Donahoe can't take the criticism, boo hoo... I guess it hurts worse when you've spent years touting yourself as a genius and the product doesn't show for it.

Bill Brasky
12-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I wonder if this is also part of TD's brilliant "marketing" he is so famous for.

"Yeah, I can sell tickets, but I treat my customers like ****"

Michael82
12-28-2005, 09:17 PM
I wonder if this is also part of TD's brilliant "marketing" he is so famous for.

"Yeah, I can sell tickets, but I treat my customers like ****"
:lmao:

don137
12-29-2005, 07:06 AM
The Bills have full control over what comes into the stadium so they are within there right. It's not good from a public relations standpoint though. Personally, they are just separating the Bills management from the Bills fans more and more thus doing more harm than good by removing the signs.
Maybe TD is worried RW will read the signs and see how many fans are against TD and MM