• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Players Hate JP?

Plucked this off a stadiumwall.com post:

BIll Westchester, NY: Even though JP Losman is healthy and practiced all week, Mularkey is starting Holcomb. Shouldn't Losman be in there getting game experience? Is MM starting KH so he has a better chance at winning 1 more game so he doesnt get fired?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:40 PM ET ) No he is starting Holcomb so there is not a revolt. He is starting Holcomb to keep the team happy and that might save his job. I have talked with many sources in Buffalo and there is no more disliked player on that team than JP Losman.

joe, nyc: why do people hate jp losman so much?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:46 PM ET ) His attitude. He walks around the building like he is "Brett Favre" and he has done nothing in this league. His work and study habits are poor. The kid has some raw talent.. I just hope he wakes up and realizes it before it is too late.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Players Hate JP?

most of the core vets on this team are over 30..many have played on SB teams or even have a ring already...they know what it takes to win...put yourself in the locker room...9-7 and one stupid defensive play away from the playoffs...then you watch two solid vets get released or failure to resigned...you start wondering what committment the team has to winning NOW...many here would turn sour to the team too...

players want to win NOW...not play while watching a kid QB develop over two or three seasons...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      most of the core vets on this team are over 30..many have played on SB teams or even have a ring already...they know what it takes to win...put yourself in the locker room...9-7 and one stupid defensive play away from the playoffs...then you watch two solid vets get released or failure to resigned...you start wondering what committment the team has to winning NOW...many here would turn sour to the team too...

players want to win NOW...not play while watching a kid QB develop over two or three seasons...

At least eyes are starting to open. Maybe it's not games that JP needs, maybe it's years to mature. Maybe you keep him around as a back up and suddenly the light goes on for him in year 4 or 5.

No reason to let him destroy the team while we're waiting for him to mature.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

Poor work and practice habits? This contradicts what the USA Today reported this fall about how much film he watches, how he practiced with Wyche before everyone else got to practice, and after everyone else left.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I really don't agree. If this what was going to happen they should have kept Bledsoe(who is much better that Holcomb). If JP is to be the backup for years then get me a bonafide NFL starter.

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            I really don't agree. If this what was going to happen they should have kept Bledsoe(who is much better that Holcomb). If JP is to be the backup for years then get me a bonafide NFL starter.
            Holcomb gets rid of the ball quicker than Drew. Drew is def a better QB with protection. Sorry to say it. Playing QB in buffalo is like having sex without a condom. You get ****ed up, no prortection.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Thurms right though, if we new we would be in this situation. I cant imagine anyone would want Drew out. We have come full circle, except this circle has cancer and is dieing slowly.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
              X