PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Bills' MVP?

DaBills
12-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Forgetting the draft and coach talk for a sec, (yeah, hard to do I know). But if you had to choose one guy as of today who played the best all year, (either side of the ball), who would it be? You can also consider anyone who maybe didn't have tremendous numbers but had the intangibles that made the difference in us not sucking worse.

I go with Terrence McGee. I know Fletcher and Schobel had good numbers and anchored the D, but the D as a whole many times failed to keep us in games where the O would have a shot to come back.

TM at least gave the O good field position on a regular basis, and was the reason we won Saturday's Cinn. game.

(No coaches either please. We know they sucked.)

:afro:

Devin
12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
I say Schobel.

Hes had career best in almost all stats this year despite a lack of talent almost all around him.

The_Philster
12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
I gotta agree with ya...T-Mac :jam:
http://www.billsdaily.com/images/04pics/season/mcgeeopenreturn.jpg

Scumbag College
12-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Brian "Mr. Bills Pro Bowler" Moorman!

hammerbillsfan
12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
McGee!!!!!!!!

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Starter: Moorman
Alternate: McGee

DaBills
12-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, it's a tough call for me. I considered Schobel a lot. Imagine how much more dominant he'd have been with Spikes, Pat Williams and Sam in there this year. IMO, he anchors the D line the way Williams was supposed to on the OL.

Dolphinfan
12-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Chris Chambers.

L.A. Playa
12-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Mike Williams

DaBills
12-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Mike Williams

Oh sh**. Then someone better tell Trey he ain't getting it then.

:funny:

gr8slayer
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Lee Evans. The guy is a freak weapon and will explode once we get a running game going.

ublinkwescore
12-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I gotta go with TMAC too.

L.A. Playa
12-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I say Mike Williams cuz he gets paid more for doing nothin than anyone in the world

Mahdi
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I go with Jason Peters. If MW or Greg Jerman were still playing at RT instead of Peters there would have been twice as many sacks allowed.

Turf
12-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Lee Evans. He has proven he will be a force to be reckoned with.

vicmantak
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I say Schobel.

Hes had career best in almost all stats this year despite a lack of talent almost all around him.
Exactly! Schobel is the real MVP.
Strong numbers, everydown player, constantly double mated, best cost-performance player, significantly improved his run-stop skills from last year, no controversies from the beginning, etc...

chubluv
12-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Morman 3 years running !!!!

Lexwhat
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
London Fletcher ... He's been having a pro bowl season without his man Takeo Spikes and Pat Williams.

Notables: T-McGee, Aaron Schobel, Rian Lindell

ZacGriffi~82
12-29-2005, 12:31 AM
McGee..without him in the game our run D got even worse..

NC-BILLS44
12-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Eric Moulds for having the balls to stand up to and say what needed to be said.

On the field - Fletcher

STAMPY
12-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Mooreman and Holcomb

doomsdayvirus
12-29-2005, 09:23 AM
BILLS MVP:

Moorman - He simply PWNS the rest of the league in punting, especially considering he plays half of his games in buffalo. He's a tremendous asset on a team that punts as much as we do! At present, he's leading the league with an average 45.6 yards per punt.

RUNNER UPS:

Fletcher - He's a freakin' animal on the field. He shows up every week and plays like it's the super bowl, even if the team is on a losing streak and they're playing against a division leader. In 15 games he's had 98 tackles!! That ties him for 3rd in the league for linebackers

And 52 assists, that's 150 total (also 3rd in the league). He also has the team's only safety of the year. And he does it all without popping off at the mouth. Not bad.

Schobel - His stats have really surprised me this year. I wasn't expecting this kind of performance from him. He seems to make the big plays when it counts. His 51 tackles put him in 3rd for DE's, and his total tackles + assists equal 67, putting him in 4th. AND he has 12 sacks for 81 yards, giving him 3rd place in the league by only 1/2 a sack (w/ one game left mind you). He's also had the rare interception and his fair share of pass deflections. Schobel has definitely been the strong spot on our weak D-line this year.

ALSO NOTED:

McGee - The guy had a good game last Saturday. OK, a career game! So my hat's off to him. But where has he been the rest of the year? His performance was above average on defense, and stellar on kick returns. It's funny to think "he's only had one runback for a touchdown this season" but after last year's performance you come to expect it from McGee. I'm not knocking the guy at all. He's a tremendous asset to the team and undoubtedly the game MVP for week 15, but I can't put him ahead of the other 3 guys.

For the record, McGee is 13th in the league in total tackles + assists for CB's with 71. 19th in solo tackles with 58. His 4 interceptions ties him for 6th with 8 other people (and 12 others tied up for slots in front of them). He's tied for 8th in Pass Defense/Deflections with 15. These are great stats, definitely above average, but not team MVP stats.

Clements - Here we go. Clements hasn't had the best year of his career, and he's caught a lot of heat on this board lately but his stats don't lie. His total tackles + assists is a league-leading 97! He's 3rd in solo tackles with 76.
However, the problem with having that many tackles at cornerback is that it means he's letting opponents catch the ball! If he didn't, there'd be no need to tackle them!

So looking at his "Don't let your opponents catch the ball" stats we see that... He's way down the list, tied for 10th with 13 Pass Defenses/Deflections and barely registers a blip on the radar with his paltry 2 interceptions.

Again, like McGee, he's above average for his position and definitely contributes to a strong backfield, but he's no team MVP.

Spiderweb
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I say Schobel.

Gotta agree. McGee is exciting to watch, but he missed large portions of a number of games down the stretch and while I like him and am glad he was resigned earlier this year, I think chosing him would be mostly based off of one game, last week's....

He had a few other moments, but no where near enough to have been our MVP.

Sleeper - Mike Gandy, not an MVP, but deserves some credit for holding down the LT position far better than most around here thought he would when the season began.

Up & Coming - Jason Peters, hands down.

doomsdayvirus
12-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Sleeper - Mike Gandy, not an MVP, but deserves some credit for holding down the LT position far better than most around here thought he would when the season began.

the only thing mike gandy deserves credit for is the obscene number of offsides/false start penalties he's racked up this season.

somebody get that guy some ritalin, quick!

tat2dmike77
12-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Fletcher is 1st on my list. Then Terrence

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
The Budweiser guy near my section...

dolphinssuck
12-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Moorman as much work as his foot gets its surprising he can even stand on it. TM is a close 2nd incredible player.

Spiderweb
12-29-2005, 10:59 PM
the only thing mike gandy deserves credit for is the obscene number of offsides/false start penalties he's racked up this season.

somebody get that guy some ritalin, quick!

And the preconceived perceptions persist....

The real penalty machines this year have been Anderson and Villerial, but hey, I'm
wouldn't want to rock your boat.

Let's not forget Evans penchant for holding on every decent run McGahee has made, or so it seems

doomsdayvirus
12-30-2005, 09:14 AM
And the preconceived perceptions persist....

The real penalty machines this year have been Anderson and Villerial, but hey, I'm wouldn't want to rock your boat.

Let's not forget Evans penchant for holding on every decent run McGahee has made, or so it seems

what's preconceived about it? everytime i see gandy he's getting a false start penalty.

and i never said he was the only one either. anderson is just as bad, and i seem to hear teague's number called out by the refs more often than i should too. but your post only mentioned gandy, so i only replied about gandy.

this whole team has a discipline problem, especially the o-line. but everybody knows that the o-line is a problem. everybody except TD and MM that is...

G. Host
12-31-2005, 10:38 PM
(No coaches either please. We know they sucked.)

MVC: Bobby April (No all coaches did not suck)

MVP: Moorman. If only some of the trick plays were by him.

Runner up: Fletcher. I wish he would not make the occasionally bone-headed gaffe though.

J-Dog
01-01-2006, 12:41 AM
1. FLETCHER!!! He got snubbed once again at the pro-bowl!!!
2. McGee-Also got the shaft at the pro-bowl
3. Schobel-Great Year 12.5 sacks and still counting.
4. Moorman-If it was not for him we would be 3-12
5. Bobby April-Special Teams once again was superb!
6. Tom Donahoe-Just Kidding!!!

Historian
01-01-2006, 07:46 AM
The 12th man for putting up with this crap, yet still selling out a night game in December.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-01-2006, 07:59 AM
London Fletcher 4 the D and E moulds for the O