PDA

View Full Version : Don't kill me but What about taking a shot with Aaron Brooks

STAMPY
12-28-2005, 11:22 PM
i know we have JP and all. But Brooks has talent. Can scramble. has an arm. But has struggled the last 2 years. Maybe we could grab him and have him and JP battle. Can't hurt

Of course i doubt he will come here because he won't have the starting job handed to him. Odds are he ends up in Miami, NY, or Arizona.

But JP and Brooks are similar QBs in style.

feelthepain
12-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I think he's better then any QB you have on your roster as of now. I myself would love to see him the QB of the Fins. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want the guy. Until this year he's been a great QB. He has the size and arm strength to get the job done. I think whomever gets him, will get a solid QB.

Devin
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Being from NO the biggest problem we here about down here is to put it bluntly hes stupid.

Not only does he make poor decisions, but he just doesnt have the "field vision" QB's need. His accuracy is pretty suspect. Most feel hes sort of reached his peak, and while certainly athletic and an above average QB in todays NFL this is about as good as he will be.

I personally dont have an opinion one way or the other. Id be indifferent if he were here and generally put him maybe a step or two above Holcomb. Certainly not QB OF THE FUTURE material.

feelthepain
12-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Being from NO the biggest problem we here about down here is to put it bluntly hes stupid.

Not only does he make poor decisions, but he just doesnt have the "field vision" QB's need. His accuracy is pretty suspect. Most feel hes sort of reached his peak, and while certainly athletic and an above average QB in todays NFL this is about as good as he will be.

I personally dont have an opinion one way or the other. Id be indifferent if he were here and generally put him maybe a step or two above Holcomb. Certainly not QB OF THE FUTURE material.

Aaron Brooks career stats:

After five seasons in New Orleans (2000-04), Brooks ranks second in club history in every major passing category - including yards (16,274), attempts (2,340), completions (1,323) and touchdowns (107) - and first with an 81.5 passer rating. He has emerged as one of the NFL's top quarterbacks since 2001, with 98 touchdown tosses over that span and over 3,500 yards each season. Brooks has thrown for over 250 yards in a team-record 28 regular season games, and in 30 contests including the playoffs. In 2004, he completed 309-of-542 attempts for 3,810 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. It was the fourth straight season where he had over 20 touchdown passes and over 3,500 passing yards, with both streaks signifying the best in Saints record books. Since arriving in New Orleans, he has emerged as one of the NFL's top comeback artists by engineering 16 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, including five in 2004. Brooks took over as the team leader in 2000 in relief of injured starter Jeff Blake in Week 11 (vs. Oakland, 11/19/00), started the following week and has not missed the opening snap since. Brooks has played in 72 regular-season games with the Saints, including starting the last 69 contests. His 441 passing yards vs. Denver (12/3/00) is the highest single-game total in franchise history, and Brooks is also the only Saints quarterback to rush for over 100 yards in a contest (108 vs. San Francisco, 12/10/00). Last season vs. the Broncos (11/21/04), Brooks set club marks for attempts (60) and completions (34) in a contest.

The above stats don't seem to signify any lack of intelligence to me, infact can you tell me the last Bill player to have such a solid career in the NFL?? I don't understand rumors myself, one thing we know for sure, stats don't lie. Still think he's dumb?

The_Philster
12-29-2005, 03:17 AM
, stats don't lie. :roflmao:
Lies, damn lies, and statistics

NC-BILLS44
12-29-2005, 08:18 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

feelthepain
12-29-2005, 08:44 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Did you read his stats?? Or are you just hell bent on watching players like Rob Johnson,JP losman and other fine Bill QB's keep you out of the playoffs??

lynobx
12-29-2005, 09:07 AM
I've got an idea. Why don't we let JP play and develop, just like Carson Palmer, Eli Manning and any number of other young QBs whose teams gave them a fair opportunity to succeed, rather than giving up on them after a handful of starts?

L.A. Playa
12-29-2005, 09:14 AM
have you seen Eli play this year ?? if Burress wasnt 6'5 he would have alot more incompletions and Tiki is the reason for their success Eli has been average at best and its all hype saying he had a great year

lynobx
12-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm not saying Eli had a great year, but at least he has had the opportunity to play and learn and develop, and I believe he will get better. And I also believe JP has more talent, and will be better than Eli - if given the chance.

It takes most QBs more than 8 starts to become successful NFL QBs.

lordofgun
12-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm gona kill you, STAMPY. :mad:

STAMPY
12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm gona kill you, STAMPY. :mad:

:(

McBFLO
12-29-2005, 11:31 AM
I've got an idea. Why don't we let JP play and develop, just like Carson Palmer, Eli Manning and any number of other young QBs whose teams gave them a fair opportunity to succeed, rather than giving up on them after a handful of starts?
Thank you.

BAM
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd rather not even have a quarterback. We should just let Roscoe Parrish take the snaps.

tat2dmike77
12-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey why not just have a all city try out for the QB position. Stick with the kid he might surprise us. Whats one more losing season we always have the sabres to look forward to if things start going sour.

Bill Brasky
12-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Can you guys please STFU about the Eli Manning references?

HE IS NOT THAT GOOD.

Switch him and JP. Let Losman QB the Giants and Manning play here. Then take bets on who you think will have a better season.

I still think it's hilarious you guys are so focused on other positions, you all seem to forget how much work these Lines need.

Sure, bring in Brooks, Kerry Collins, whatever other QB you can think of... none of them will amount to **** here until the line is fixed.

dolphinssuck
12-29-2005, 06:00 PM
:coocoo: :coocoo: No way No way No thankya