PDA

View Full Version : Reading between the lines.....

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2005, 08:40 AM
It seems to me that they're warming us up for:

Firing TD.
Promoting Modrak.
Keeping MM (as long as he dumps a coordinator or two)

This would suck. Nothing would change substantially if they did this.

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 08:46 AM
I could totally see that happening. It's the politically correct thing to do- the team could give the appearance of making changes without giving the appearance of "rebuilding."

And I agree that it would suck, because this team needs to rebuild and if we don't start now, all we're doing is guaranteeing more mediocrity before the team improves.

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah. TD has been eerily quite lately. I think he's toast.

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2005, 08:48 AM
MM has totally lost control of the players.

He needs to go too.

Tatonka
12-29-2005, 08:51 AM
no one is going.. mark it down.. no one will be fired.. it would make too much sense.. and that old man up top doesnt know what the hell he is doing anymore..

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 08:54 AM
no one is going.. mark it down.. no one will be fired.. it would make too much sense.. and that old man up top doesnt know what the hell he is doing anymore..

I hope you're wrong but I do have a feeling that Mularkey is coming back. I think they're going to have to make a major change (or at least something that can be spun as a major change) to avoid a fan revolt.

Tatonka
12-29-2005, 08:55 AM
the fans will take it in the ass and deal with it like we do every year.

L.A. Playa
12-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I agree with Tatonka the win against Cinci and a win this week seals the status quo

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 09:04 AM

yeah well if we weren't masochistic to some small degree, we never would have become Bills fans in the first place.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
They were discussing this on the radio yesterday...the only way to keep Modrak may be to promote him. There are going to be several GM openings and he may be #1 on the list...I think that only one guy is going...if they fire TD then Modrak stays...if Modrak leaves then they keep TD.

Pride
12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
It really depends on how much TD tied Modraks hands when it comes to decision making.

Part of me believes the Modrak may not have been part of the problem. TD is a conceited jerk... so I wonder if Modrak even tried to tell him he didnt agree with a decision.

I am ok with Modrak staying if TD is gone. MMularky... I cant stand him... but if he brings in a new OC and DC I would be willing to give him another year.

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Is Modrak the answer? Isn't he partially responsible for the mess we are in right now?

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 09:46 AM
It really depends on how much TD tied Modraks hands when it comes to decision making.

Part of me believes the Modrak may not have been part of the problem. TD is a conceited jerk... so I wonder if Modrak even tried to tell him he didnt agree with a decision.

I am ok with Modrak staying if TD is gone. MMularky... I cant stand him... but if he brings in a new OC and DC I would be willing to give him another year.
according to the local radio guys, TD and TM are night and day...

lordofgun
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Is Modrak the answer? Isn't he partially responsible for the mess we are in right now?
No. It's all JP's fault because he STILL sucks after 8 entire starts.

Novacane
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM

not all of us will

eee1776
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
I think the resergence of this team in cincy was due to the fact that previous to that game the players figured that MM and TD was history. I think along the line they figured out at least MM is staying. Woop's time to play for you job. Hence the Cincy victory. I be you see a great effort again this weeks against the jets

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2005, 10:37 AM
There's 4.5 million reasons they won't fire MM.

He has 3 years left on his contract at $1.5 mil per.

Samphin1
12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Personally, I don't think you guys should fire MM yet. I think he deserves at least one more year. I mean, he took a team last year that was dead in the water and almost had them in the playoffs. He decided to go with what was essentially a rookie this year and you guys took a few steps back.

That was bound to happen. The only probelm I see is that Losman looks as if he takes every incompletion and interception personally and shows it on the field. Somebody needs to get through to him that he has to have a short memory and then he will start to look the part of a pro QB.

However, I think the person who should be put on the chopping block may have to be whoever ok'd the trading of extra picks for Losman, letting go of players like Pat Williams and Winfield, etc. etc. Any idea who that might be?

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Personally, I don't think you guys should fire MM yet. I think he deserves at least one more year. I mean, he took a team last year that was dead in the water and almost had them in the playoffs. He decided to go with what was essentially a rookie this year and you guys took a few steps back.

That was bound to happen. The only probelm I see is that Losman looks as if he takes every incompletion and interception personally and shows it on the field. Somebody needs to get through to him that he has to have a short memory and then he will start to look the part of a pro QB.

However, I think the person who should be put on the chopping block may have to be whoever ok'd the trading of extra picks for Losman, letting go of players like Pat Williams and Winfield, etc. etc. Any idea who that might be?
Thanks.

Personally, I thought the fins should have signed Wannstedt to a lifetime contract.

lynobx
12-29-2005, 11:23 AM
I would like to see both TD and MM fired, if only as punishment for making the Bills one of the real mediocre teams in the NFL. However, we need O and D linemen and a help at safety, plus a WR if Moulds goes. If they would focus on adding the kind of players we need - rather than the kind that stoke TD's huge ego - I wouldn't mind them staying.

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 12:03 PM

this is true, except the steps back were more due to a huge decline in defensive play , a completely ineffective O line, and Mularkey's dumbass playcalling more so than QB play.

Mularkey also totally mishandled the JP situation by making him the QB without a camp competition, and that hurt his relationship with the other players. It's only gotten worse as this horrid season trudged on.

ICE74129
12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
They are going to do it just because Ralph is too cheap to eat 5.1 mill. That is IF MM doesn't find some work.

This is pathetic. our owner is so damn cheap he will cause his QB ( that we paid a 1st, 2nd and 5th) to sit the bench so he can keep a weak arsed HC that lets the veterans run the team.

Pathetic

Philagape
12-29-2005, 01:49 PM
TD goes, MM stays. I'm willing to give TM a shot as GM.

TM the GM, yesiree.

mysticsoto
12-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Sadly, I don't think either TD or MM will go. And with MM deciding that Holcomb should start this last game that serves no actual purpose but could be used to give JP more experience...I'm really pissed at MM. My friend asked me if I thought we should renew our season tickets or not for next year. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to say yes, but I am so mad at MM (and Ralph for not firing either he or TD) that I'm actually thinking no.

I guess I'll have to see come Spring time...if the anger has worn off.

The_Philster
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
MM is handling the QB situation beyond badly.....he's got vets like Moulds questioning him...the playcalling has been putrid more often than not
FIRE THE COACH!!!

Iehoshua
12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
No. It's all JP's fault because he STILL sucks after 8 entire starts.
:rofl:

Nighthawk
12-29-2005, 05:11 PM
TD goes, MM stays. I'm willing to give TM a shot as GM.
TM the GM, yesiree.

TM the GM = Same ****ty team

Earthquake Enyart
01-04-2006, 07:42 AM
It seems to me that they're warming us up for:

Firing TD.
Promoting Modrak.
Keeping MM (as long as he dumps a coordinator or two)

This would suck. Nothing would change substantially if they did this.
Do I know Ralph, or what? :cynic:

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 07:45 AM
You're a genius.