PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development:Losman's season with the Bills

Mitchy moo
12-29-2005, 12:26 PM
He nailed this on the head:

The 2005 Buffalo Bills (http://bills.realfootball365.com/) were supposed to be all about J.P. Losman. Win or lose, the Bills were going to stick with the young quarterback and develop the former 2004 first round draft choice. After all, GM Tom Donahoe traded a first round pick, a third round pick, and a fifth round pick to the Dallas Cowboys (http://cowboys.realfootball365.com/) just so he could take the brash signal-caller from Tulane.

At the moment, the Bills sit at an incredibly disappointing 5-10. Well, on the plus side, that's 15 starts for a young quarterback, right? Wrong. Losman has started just seven of Buffalo's games and has put together a record of 1-6. He deserves credit for his relief performance that led to victory against the Kansas City Chiefs (http://chiefs.realfootball365.com/) earlier in the season. Unfortunately for Losman, Bills veteran Kelly Holcomb gets credit for the win because he started that game, along with six (soon to be seven) others.

The most comical element of the Bills starting Holcomb over Losman for the team's most meaningless game of the season is the obliviousness of the organization as a whole. Everyone is basically pointing and laughing as the Bills continue to allow the patients to run the asylum. Of course, I'm talking about the veterans on the team who have supposedly been rubbed the wrong way by Losman. Mularkey is trying to please his older players by throwing them a late-season bone (Holcomb). In my view, those vets can either accept that Losman's the future or be shipped elsewhere. If the Bills want to commit to Holcomb for three or four years, so be it, just as long as they're willing to cut their losses with Losman and move on. There's no sense in having a young QB on the roster that is never going to be given a fair opportunity to develop. With the way the first-year starter has been utilized in 2005, it appears that the Buffalo Bills (http://bills.realfootball365.com/) have made a huge mistake.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-losman291205.php

Those mistakes should cost TD/MM their jobs and earned them a severe stoning as was previously mentioned by someone else.

ICE74129
12-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Funny I just got a reply from him via email :-) I agree with him, RW, TD and esp MM are screwing this kid.

Did you hear ANYTHING coming from the Giants veterans when Coughlin pulled Warner with a 5-3 record to put in manning? NO! Had they said anything, they would have been fined, then suspended and cut.

If we had a STRONG head coach, we wouldnt' hear anything from any of the Bills players. They would have shut up and played.

Mitchy moo
12-29-2005, 01:31 PM
That what it really boils down to, the coaches can listen to them and say if I hear that idea in the locker room, off with their head.

In the Bills locker room JP sits on one side of the room and the vets on the other. Team they are not.

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Team they are not.

A wise post indeed this is. May the force be with you.

AngryTeste
12-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Don't worry everyone...the Jets still suck.

Bills better win this Sunday....!

tat2dmike77
12-29-2005, 02:22 PM
I agree. I realize that the NFL has become a what have you done for me lately league not a what are you gonna do for me league. But the fact is when MM decided to go with JP and he heard whinning from the vets he should of put his foot down. Instead he le it linger on and now he just wishes he was still in pittsburg. But i don't put all the blame on MM the "crazy genious" TD is also to blame here. He knew JP was inexperienced and did he try to get a stronger line in front of him? Uh...........no instead he brings in these cast aways and trys to sell them off as the next best thing. I dunno maybe i'm crazy but sometimes you gotta spend money on the the parts of a engine that no-one really see's or cares about before you can get that bad boy running at full speed. But instead TD has brought in players that well in ways are needed in the future but not as much now. And of course next year a new GM will come in and try to fix the whole mess. Most likely MM will be back but for how long is the question. We all know Mr. Wilson doesn't like to pay coaches not to coach. Which is well funny considering he's doing that now LOL. But JP has the skill he just needs some support from his team and from the fans. Remember as great as jim was he had some rocky times here in buffalo early in his career. BTW i'm not comparing JP to JK i'm just saying.

Mitchy moo
12-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I just hope that JP can be the man he thinks he is. It's takes more than big thoughts to do well in the NFL.

tat2dmike77
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
I just hope that JP can be the man he thinks he is. It's takes more than big thoughts to do well in the NFL.

Your absolutley right about that. But sometimes a little cockyness is needed in the NFL as well. Wish i would of paid my crystal ball bill on time then i could look into the future lol

Bill Brasky
12-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Don't worry everyone...the Jets still suck.

Bills better win this Sunday....!

Yeah, and how long have the Bills sucked?

Mitchy moo
12-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Too long now, pain.

dolphinssuck
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
They really squandered away some time to help JP gain valuable experience. But they havent exactly made the best decisions this year or the last few as a matter of fact.