PDA

View Full Version : Guys, I think Op's about to lose it.

Patrick76777
12-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Bro, maybe it's time to pick up another hobby. You're going off the deep end here.

No matter how much you get yourself worked up, it's not going to effect what happens. Sure there are people who think that if we cause big stirs on message boards or with petitions we'll get stuff done, but it's just not the case. The guys running this thing, or the guys that will be running this want to win just as bad as you. And just because they don't do what you want done, doesn't mean that they don't have a plan.

I knew a guy who was so mad after we drafted Lee Evans that he said he wasn't going to watch the Bills anymore. All because they didn't draft the guy he wanted.

I've got news for you, not only do the guys in charge want to win, but they know a lot about this stuff. And they know the inside stuff that we can't know. Sure there are times when they look like spazzes but I'd be willing to bet TD never made a move thinking, "This one is really going to stink the place up" Every move this guy has made, he's done so with the idea that it was going to be a good move.

This is not to defend TD, he'll probably be gone and a new guy will come in and changes will be made, but they won't be all of the changes you want. It's no reason to have a canary!

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I've got news for you, not only do the guys in charge want to win, but they know a lot about this stuff. And they know the inside stuff that we can't know. Sure there are times when they look like spazzes but I'd be willing to bet TD never made a move thinking, "This one is really going to stink the place up" Every move this guy has made, he's done so with the idea that it was going to be a good move.

this is exactly the problem- these guys supposedly know so much, but news flash: WE STILL SUCK. I'm well aware that doing everything I want done in one offseason is impossible and probably ill-advised, but I will be very disappointed if I don't see MAJOR changes in the offseason.

And btw I never threatened not to watch the team anymore.

Patrick76777
12-29-2005, 03:18 PM
And btw I never threatened not to watch the team anymore.

Didn't say you did. I'm just concerned about your well being. It really looks like you're starting to go crazy!

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Pat speaks the truth.

tat2dmike77
12-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm not going crazy every football season i up the prozac dosage to prevent that:king: . But like any other fan i rant about everything i don't like. I know they know more about this stuff then i do. Cause well i'll e honest if i knew as much as they did i would be the guy that would either getting praised on messade boards or getting dumped on. But there comes a point where you say ok i've had enough of TD empty promises. He has made some really good moves and some moves that are well boneheaded. But hinesight is 20/20. I am not defending him either but facts are facts and the fact is he promised playoffs and well we know how that has went. Maybe i should apply for the job?:afro:

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm the type of guy who even if he feels deep down that a player is a bust (Like I do JP), I keep quiet in the event he comes through. Not to save face, but just because... Running the backers got me friends with a ton of bills fans. There is nothing worse than the negative nancies. I don't care if they are right, or even if I agree 100%, I have to tune out all the negativity for my own sanity. That doesn't mean I condone mediocrity.

My famous reply when people complain ad nauseam to me is "complaining to me isn't going to change anything."

OpIv37
12-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm the type of guy who even if he feels deep down that a player is a bust (Like I do JP), I keep quiet in the event he comes through. Not to save face, but just because... Running the backers got me friends with a ton of bills fans. There is nothing worse than the negative nancies. I don't care if they are right, or even if I agree 100%, I have to tune out all the negativity for my own sanity. That doesn't mean I condone mediocrity.
My famous reply when people complain ad nauseam to me is "complaining to me isn't going to change anything."

yeah but I feel much better when I complain. And all I'm trying to do is help spare some people from disappointment. There are a lot of people around who think the Bills are going to win the SB and still thought that right up until the Dolphins loss. That's just being unrealistic.

mybills
12-29-2005, 07:32 PM
You're a good humanitarian, Op! :D

Fans can take care of themselves. You don't have to protect/spare them. lol.

Dozerdog
12-29-2005, 10:44 PM

My famous reply when people complain ad nauseam to me is "complaining to me isn't going to change anything."Bingo...:posrep:

TypicalBill
12-30-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm the type of guy who even if he feels deep down that a player is a bust (Like I do JP), I keep quiet in the event he comes through.

:rofl:

Marvelous
12-30-2005, 01:59 AM
I knew a guy who was so mad after we drafted Lee Evans that he said he wasn't going to watch the Bills anymore. All because they didn't draft the guy he wanted.

Who did this guy want us to draft? Udaze?

mybills
12-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I forget all about losses AND wins the very next day. :idunno: My dad used to call the losses "water off a duck's back" :up:

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2005, 07:48 AM
:rofl:
I let loose in the twilight and in the no-tos. I'm rather normal on the Bills board.

BAM
12-30-2005, 07:48 AM
about to?

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2005, 07:53 AM
yeah but I feel much better when I complain. And all I'm trying to do is help spare some people from disappointment. There are a lot of people around who think the Bills are going to win the SB and still thought that right up until the Dolphins loss. That's just being unrealistic.
Another thing about the message boards and I don't mean to pick on you is the exaggerations. A LOT of people said we'd win the super bowl up until the dolphins loss? I think 99% of people were realistic (perhaps a little hopefully optimistic) after the 4th game or so.

The exaggerations cloud your judgement, IMO. When you go on a campaign to prove a point, you address the whole board instead of maybe the one or two people who are unrealistically optimistic.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2005, 07:54 AM
about to?
:scratch:

Patrick76777
12-30-2005, 08:06 AM
The exaggerations cloud your judgement, IMO. When you go on a campaign to prove a point, you address the whole board instead of maybe the one or two people who are unrealistically optimistic.

That's so tough too. Sometimes you'll be having it out with someone and then you starting thinking everybody thinks that way.

Great points.

madness
12-30-2005, 08:06 AM

Of course we aren't going to win the SB this year. That's what next year is for. Go Bills! :evil:

OpIv37
12-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Another thing about the message boards and I don't mean to pick on you is the exaggerations. A LOT of people said we'd win the super bowl up until the dolphins loss? I think 99% of people were realistic (perhaps a little hopefully optimistic) after the 4th game or so.

well let's put it to you this way- there were a lot of people who thought we could make the playoffs until we lost to the Dolphins. To anyone who's looking at it objectively, it should have been obvious we weren't playoff caliber when we lost to the Saints. And if anyone was still holding onto hope after that, the humiliating loss in Oakland should have proved how bad this team is.

And I really don't think it was that much of an exaggeration- people kept saying "we should play Holcomb to get into the playoffs cuz once you get in, you never know what can happen." It's not outright stating that they expect a SB victory, but the implication is there.

Historian
12-30-2005, 08:49 AM
To anyone who's looking at it objectively, it should have been obvious we weren't playoff caliber when we lost to the Saints. And if anyone was still holding onto hope after that, the humiliating loss in Oakland should have proved how bad this team is.

After the Saints loss was when I was clammoring for them to play the kid, because I knew the season was over.

And I really don't think it was that much of an exaggeration- people kept saying "we should play Holcomb to get into the playoffs cuz once you get in, you never know what can happen." It's not outright stating that they expect a SB victory, but the implication is there.

Amen to that.