PDA

View Full Version : Over 2 mill per for a backup LB?

ICE74129
12-29-2005, 06:22 PM
WTF?

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=434179

That contract is nearly 2.2 per year. What the ever loving hell is going on at OBD?

This reaks of a GM screwing the franchise on the way out! We had better hope Posey is on the choping block, if not we better run the 3-4 because that is FOUR LB's making starters money.

Jesus...:rage:

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Why not wait and see what happens in the offseasons before *****ing?

Iehoshua
12-29-2005, 06:35 PM
He's not a backup this season and I have a feeling he won't be next season.

I'm going out on a limb with this prediction now.... :rolleyes:

im4bflo
12-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Crowell can take Posey's place.

SquishDaFish
12-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Hes going to be a starter next year.

HHURRICANE
12-29-2005, 07:11 PM
WTF?

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=434179

That contract is nearly 2.2 per year. What the ever loving hell is going on at OBD?

This reaks of a GM screwing the franchise on the way out! We had better hope Posey is on the choping block, if not we better run the 3-4 because that is FOUR LB's making starters money.

Jesus...:rage:

Sounds like TD is staying!!!

dannyek71
12-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Crowell is too small to play poseys spot. Our DEs are too small to pay the 3-4.

Another idiotic TD move.

Iehoshua
12-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Put down that Haterade, danny!

Devin
12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
He earned it good for him.

Im glad he will be here.

Ebenezer
12-29-2005, 07:29 PM
unreal...people ***** when we don't sign a guy...they ***** when we do sign him...

first off why don't we see what the breakdown of the deal is...oh, no, Eb we couldn't do that...

He would have gotten at least $700k as an RFA...then he would have been free to walk after 2006...where he would have gotten?? about $2mil a year (especially if he starts next season)...remember there is no guarentee that Spikes come back at the beginning of the year next year...depending on the tear that could be a 12 month injury or more.

X-Era
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Crowell is too small to play poseys spot. Our DEs are too small to pay the 3-4.

Another idiotic TD move.
absolutely wrong!check out derrick brooks size and then crowells. hes plenty big enough.posey is gone like i said yesterday

Devin
12-29-2005, 07:53 PM
We sign Peters to a decent deal and this year will have some pluses.

Griz78
12-29-2005, 07:58 PM
I also thought about Posey's size and his position and wrote an email earlier this year to Chris Brown, editor of Bills Digest, anyways, he says Posey can take on bigger players, TEs, etc.

I don't know what to think, I know Keith Newman was pretty talented in a 3-4 and then sucked in the 4-3 but he kinda stinks now too. On the other hand, I see the Bears have the same size LBs playing their 4-3 Defense. In fact Briggs and Joe are the same size as Crowell. As much as the small things we hear Posey does, I am tired and just want teh best players on teh field next year. I'll give up 3 inches and 5 pounds of Posey for another season of Crowell.

I just wants plays made, kind of like XMas Eve, seems like last two Bengals drives we got solid pressure, I don't have tape but I thought I saw Kelsay in and playing DT some.

Bottom line, I just want plays made and Crowell is making them.

vicmantak
12-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the link. This kind of news are really welcomed.
I'm really happy because this kind of contract says too much by itself:

Bills are going to keep Crowell in the same place

Many people would disagree but TKO should be switched to his natural position again (MLB) and IMO, it's exactly time to get some WR help for LONDON FLETCHER.

Projections:

POSEY - SPIKES - CROWELL

Marvelous
12-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Spikes has a bad injury. We need insurance. WTF!. How many times did we wish we had a quality backup QB during Bledsoes last 2 seasons here? I know i did...
We would be screwed if Spikes comes back and isn't 100%. If he is 100% then i like the options we have...Good move TD:jam: :bf1:

Stewie
12-30-2005, 08:18 AM
I bet we see Posey restructured or cut/resigned as a backup. Takeo moves from WLB to SLB and Crowell slides into the weakside. Takeo can handle the move.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Is anybody worried about the timing of this?! I would think that TD wouldn't be making any decisions based on his future. I'm scared that TD is coming back. I'm not that impressed with Crowell but I don't think we have alot of choices. Posey needs to go. I hope we keep Adams and bring in some help.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Crowell has shown a Lot more to me this year than Posey ever has. Posey could possibly be the most non existant player ever. You almost forget he is on the team half the time.

Yasgur's Farm
12-30-2005, 09:37 AM
I believe the Bills will convert to a 3-4 D next season. Posey is the 3rd or 4th best LB we have... Spikes, Fletcher, Posey Crowell.

On one hand, I would appreciate a renegotiation. On the other hand, I say pay the man what we agreed to pay him and don't extend it into the future where we pay for his walker too.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Crowell has shown a Lot more to me this year than Posey ever has. Posey could possibly be the most non existant player ever. You almost forget he is on the team half the time.

I agree with you 100% on Posey. However, if Crowell was on the Redshkins or the Bears would he be getting 2 million a year. Remember our defense absolutely sucked this year. If you are the best player on a bad team than how good are you?! Just a thought. With that said I think we probably needed to sign him.

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 10:08 AM
It never hurts to sign a linebacker that steped up for your best player when he went down. Posey on the other hand just kinda well was there.

I agree with the fact that you forget he is on the team half the time. He's not the bread of the linebackers. Crow came in and although he was no TKO he played hard and obvisouly earned this contract. Letting him go would be a bone headed move anyway. I see the bills D switching to a 3-4 soon.

I really don't see Adams coming back. He and coach poo poo have had to many run ins. But i'm just a rambaling fan anyway what do i know.

Mahdi
12-30-2005, 10:44 AM
I bet we see Posey restructured or cut/resigned as a backup. Takeo moves from WLB to SLB and Crowell slides into the weakside. Takeo can handle the move.
Yes Takeo could handle the move but you take away his playmaking abililty. Theres no way Spikes moves to SLB.

Nighthawk
12-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Posey is gone...he sucks. When have you ever seen this guy make a play?

Marvelous
12-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I've seen Posey make MANY plays. Esp on blitzes. he by no means sucks. But i think we have seen the best he has too........

dannyek71
12-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Im not saying posey had the greatest of years, but the ENTIRE run defense sucked this year, and the blame cannot be placed all on posey