PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think should start at QB Sunday?

The Natrix
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Assuming JP is healthy enough to play, who should the Bills start at QB against the jets?

I have got to go with JP. I'd like to see him play well and have the Bills win, so I can look forward to a JP led attack next year. Although Holcomb has been decent, I wouldn't be able to get really excited about the offense if it looked like Holcomb was going to be the starter come week 1.

dolphinssuck
12-29-2005, 08:19 PM
No doubt JP if hes healthy enough.

The Natrix
12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Looks like Mularkey and Moulds voted. :::

STAMPY
12-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Holcomb... He played well last week. Go with the hot hand. I want a W

Patrick76777
12-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Holcomb... He played well last week. Go with the hot hand. I want a W

I think JP's a bust, and app. the coaching staff and players agree. But why not let him play this one. It's completely meaningless.

The King
12-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Drew Bledsoe.

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
I'd let the QB who has earned it through better play start. If Holcomb can ring up a 2 TD lead at the half, maybe put JP in for the second half. it's a meaningless game- so who cares.

Next season, give each guy equal time in camp and let performance dictate the starter. Best players play, right?

Patrick76777
12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
I'd let the QB who has earned it through better play start. If Holcomb can ring up a 2 TD lead at the half, maybe put JP in for the second half. it's a meaningless game- so who cares.

Next season, give each guy equal time in camp and let performance dictate the starter. Best players play, right?

I agree.

If going into year 3, JP can't beat out Kelly Holcomb, who most of you think is no good, then he doesn't deserve the job!

I'm not one who thinks QB's need to play 20-some games before they learn how to be good.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
This is Holcomb's team. He will be the starter next year and he should have been the starter in pre-season this year. Who knows how the season would of turned out.

STAMPY
12-30-2005, 10:40 AM
I agree.
If going into year 3, JP can't beat out Kelly Holcomb, who most of you think is no good, then he doesn't deserve the job!
I'm not one who thinks QB's need to play 20-some games before they learn how to be good.

:bf1:

True. Getting outplayed by a journeyman says a lot. AGAIN i hope JP wins the job next year. KEY WORD WINS, which means he outpreforms him. Bottomline best guy plays sunday and next year. CASE CLOSED.

Devin
12-30-2005, 10:42 AM
JP.

dolphinssuck
12-30-2005, 10:43 AM
I think JP's a bust, and app. the coaching staff and players agree. But why not let him play this one. It's completely meaningless. How can JP carry the label "bust" when he played behind a sh@@@y O line this season. Does that not mean anything the fact that he had no blocking.

Patrick76777
12-30-2005, 11:22 AM
How can JP carry the label "bust" when he played behind a sh@@@y O line this season. Does that not mean anything the fact that he had no blocking.

That's all I ever hear! Holcomb had all day last Saturday!

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Do they change all the O line guys when they switch QBs?

They both have the same material to work with.

BAM
12-30-2005, 11:30 AM
How can JP carry the label "bust" when he played behind a sh@@@y O line this season. Does that not mean anything the fact that he had no blocking.

Holcomb played behind pretty much the same line so I don't see your point here.

Devin
12-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Its all irrelevant. Holcomb has years and years on JP.

Anyone who thinks JP was gonna come out this year and light it up is an idiot. For all intensive purposes hes a rookie. He has improved drastically since the first 4 games.

Hes hardly a bust.

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Hes hardly a bust.

Agreed.

Remember way back in the year when MM and TD said were gonns play power football? The bills were supposed to run the ball down opposing teams throats. What happened to that.

All the talk was we just want JP to manage the games for us. We'll let McGahee be the workhorse yadda yadda yadda. But what happened to that plan?

At times this year JP looked great and other times he looked dazed and confused. I wasn't expecting a super bowl ring and honestly i wasn't expecting to make it into the playoffs wither with JP. But i was expecting to aleast be fighting for a playoff position.

I was in the minority. I could see sacrificing a season so JP could become a better QB for next year. But flip floping QB's is not doing anyone good. Sure holcomb is decent but he's no sure fire thing. I know JP is no sure fire thing either. But he was chosen in the first round for a reason so why not let him try to prove it.

I mean do you see the 49ers giving up on alex smith yet? No JP is basically a rookie he played very very very little last year. I say let him play on sunday the game will probly be a snorer anyway. The jets don't want to win so they can get a higher draft pick as do the bills. It's gonna come down to Nugent vrs Lindell who makes the most field goals wins. Me personally i'll be recovering from a hangover anyway.

Michael82
12-30-2005, 02:32 PM
How is it that 24 Bills fans can see it...but Mularkey can't? :ill:

PUCKER
12-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Obviously JP.

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
Do they change all the O line guys when they switch QBs?

They both have the same material to work with.

Very good point.

Let's look at the KC game...

KH played most of the 1st half: 4/6 25 yards, 0TD.

JP played all of the 2nd half: 9/16 137 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs.

Exact same offense to work with against the exact same opposing defense. You won't find a better head to head comparison IMO.

dolphinssuck
12-31-2005, 05:47 AM
Holcomb played behind pretty much the same line so I don't see your point here. My apologies maybe I should have elaborated more. JP and KH play behind the same line yes but look at the years KH has under his belt and has seen this type of thing before, this is JPs 1st season in starting in the NFL and hasnt had the experiences KH has had. Experience means alot and with time he'll put up better numbers but if he doesnt play then whats the point of even bringing him in. Maybe Im the only one thinks this way I dont know but it is how I feel.