• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

OU's OL making Ngata look average

I will grant you most of the time it is double teams, but he has had NO pressure on Rhett Bomar tonight and at times Davin Joseph (my choice for Buffalo's LG next year) has handled him one on one.
  • hydro014
    • May 2004

Re: OU's OL making Ngata look average

I agree, he has over played many of the runs. For a guy that is so special i really havent seen much out of him. I understand he's getting double teamed, but for all the hype i figured he would be having a better game.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

He also is having problems with his knee...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

I was thinking the same way when I was watching this game......
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Before Ngata left the game Adrian Peterson was 16 for 59...thats only 3.6 per carry. Ngata must be doing something right.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

indeed
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• hydro014
              • May 2004

so that means after Ngata left peterson went 8 for 22 which is 2.75 a carry.
              Thats pretty good too.

Comment

• hydro014
                • May 2004

sorry got the wrong stats, 9 for 27, for 3 yards per carry after ngata left.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Well that kid who came in for him,,,,Fatafehe I think ...looked good aswell.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Being an OU and Bills fan I watched Ngata closely. He isn't that good. He is over hyped due to 1) playing in a weak confrence, 2) his size, 3) playing on a snubbed BCS team.

OU has started freshman out the wazoo on the OL and we platooned in Freshman with older classmen all night. Ngata had about 4 really good plays.

He is slow, Depends on his size to get the job done which will fail day one of preseason camp in the NFL, Has bad technique, and no explosiveness. For being rated as a top 10 overall pick you want to see some things. Other than beating one double team, I didn't see it.

The knee injury wasn't until late in the game. OU Had already scored their two TD's Before he went out. and BTW...Ngata was non existant on the pass rush.

Hell Dusty Dvorcheck outplayed Ngata! It is right there on my DVR!

We need to look elsewhere. Stop getting a set name in your heads, from what I have seen there are MUCH Better DT's out there. Watch the Florida St. game and thier DT. That kid might be the real deal.

But you know....since Ngata had a knee injury, He will be the Guy TD goes after.....

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      Being an OU and Bills fan I watched Ngata closely. He isn't that good. He is over hyped due to 1) playing in a weak confrence, 2) his size, 3) playing on a snubbed BCS team.

OU has started freshman out the wazoo on the OL and we platooned in Freshman with older classmen all night. Ngata had about 4 really good plays.

He is slow, Depends on his size to get the job done which will fail day one of preseason camp in the NFL, Has bad technique, and no explosiveness. For being rated as a top 10 overall pick you want to see some things. Other than beating one double team, I didn't see it.

The knee injury wasn't until late in the game. OU Had already scored their two TD's Before he went out. and BTW...Ngata was non existant on the pass rush.

Hell Dusty Dvorcheck outplayed Ngata! It is right there on my DVR!

We need to look elsewhere. Stop getting a set name in your heads, from what I have seen there are MUCH Better DT's out there. Watch the Florida St. game and thier DT. That kid might be the real deal.

But you know....since Ngata had a knee injury, He will be the Guy TD goes after.....
                      Unless we can obtain a good one in FA, we need a good DT since it is likely that we will also lose Sam Adams...who would you recommend as a top DT (or top 3 DTs) in the draft?

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        don't be ridiculous. TD's too smart to draft a DT. You only draft receivers, running backs and DE's!!! That's how to build a playoff team.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

I hope we get Ngata. Or maybe you knuckleheads would rather see another lost season of watching Bannan and Sape.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                            I hope we get Ngata. Or maybe you knuckleheads would rather see another lost season of watching Bannan and Sape.
                            No, I would rather see 1 Quality FA and 1 Quality Draft pick who has less baggage. Last night he showed us that every knock on him is true. I don't want the guy.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I'm on OU fan too!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X