PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that our OL got worse under McNally?

Pride
12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
For whatever reason, this guy was regarded as a god when it came to OL coaching.

But as I see it now, our OLine is worse off since he arrived.

2 years ago.. Mike Williams was on his way up
2 years ago.. Villariel was touted as a great Guard
Teague has made no progress
Anderson has become a flop (worse than when he was in baltimore)

:feedback:

ICE74129
12-30-2005, 01:32 PM
No. This guy has built two superbowl OL's and one that went to the NFC Championship.

Get the guy some damn talent to work with.

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Williams has the talent- he just cashed too many of those big checks. Got lazy and injured

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Your right

Bennie "the penalty" Anderson has become a thorn in the o-line side

Mike "fattie" williams can never stay healthy or away from the buffet table

Teague has been the only consistant thing on the o-line

Villarialli was suppose to replace ruben yeah that worked out to didn't it

I think we were all sold a bunch of "Murlarky"

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Look at peters & Gandy. Two nobodys who became very good. Give them some support and they might do something.

ICE74129
12-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Mike williams was a bust from day one. I called it and no one listened. I watched OU kick his arse up and down the field at TexASS. he was fat, slow, and very un motivated. He should never have been picked in the first round let alone the #4 pick. That is LEFT Tackle territory, not right tackle and not with his baggage.

Historian
12-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Mike williams was a bust from day one. I called it and no one listened. I watched OU kick his arse up and down the field at TexASS. he was fat, slow, and very un motivated. He should never have been picked in the first round let alone the #4 pick. That is LEFT Tackle territory, not right tackle and not with his baggage.

While I sort of agree with you in principle, there is one thing that people tend to forget because it was so long ago.

McKinney was being a jerk. How long did he hold out?

Williams seemed happy to be drafted by 3-13 Buffalo, and just wanted to play.

I don't know if I'm ready to call him a bust yet....but I'm getting there.

Look at peters & Gandy. Two nobodys who became very good. Give them some support and they might do something.

Amen.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2005, 02:04 PM
While I sort of agree with you in principle, there is one thing that people tend to forget because it was so long ago.

McKinney was being a jerk. How long did he hold out?

Williams seemed happy to be drafted by 3-13 Buffalo, and just wanted to play.

I don't know if I'm ready to call him a bust yet....but I'm getting there.

Uhhh, it's safe to say he is a bust!! He had better be cut along with Teague and Anderson. Villareal I am on the fence with?! basically we need to move Peters to left tackle, move gandy to LG and find 3 more starters and 4 backups. I'm not sold on Preston as a starter but maybe as a backup.

Historian
12-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Doesn't he have a five year deal though?

Seems to me that cutting him in the last year would be silly. Let him play himself out of a job.....ride the pine even. On a line as bad as ours, even he has a place.

TedMock
12-30-2005, 03:56 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised with Gandy and Peters. I think Williams looked pretty good early in the year, but then the injuries came......again! That's his biggest problem. He's not a bad right tackle when healthy. He just can't stay healthy. Maybe he's just a big wuss? Most of the QB pressure comes up the middle. Anderson, Teague, Villarial. All three get smacked around in pass protection. This is where we need the most help. Gandy can play guard and tackle, so that's good. Williams was terrible at guard, maybe he learns. I hope he does because we can't possibley draft a guard in round one, and it'll be tough to pass on a couple of the OT's if they're available. Fergusson (doubt it, but I hope), Winston (probably available). Something about Rod Wright scares me for some reason. Ngata is big, strong, fast, athletic, but doesn't always come to play. His last game is an example of that. The guy is a freakish athlete like Pat Williams, but decided to play fat and slow. Both guys could be available. This draft just has me nervous all around. Our biggest needs are interior o-line, and DT's. We'll probably grab a DB or something in round one, so our 2nd and 3rd rounds are crucial this year. Great lineman can be had in rounds 2-4. Hopefully we're smart enough to make those picks.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2005, 04:29 PM

Seems to me that cutting him in the last year would be silly. Let him play himself out of a job.....ride the pine even. On a line as bad as ours, even he has a place.

If you are talking about Williams I would say that having a loser on the team that you can't depend on isn't worth the last year of a contract.

Bill Cody
12-30-2005, 08:44 PM

When your cap # is 8m+, cutting your sorry, swinging gate @ss is not silly, just necessary.

Bmax
12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Mcnally has done wonders with peters...Imagine whay he will do with our draft picks from 2006...