PDA

View Full Version : Aints going back to NO

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-30-2005, 02:40 PM
SAN ANTONIO (Dec. 30, 2005) -- The New Orleans Saints will go back to their Louisiana practice facility next month and might even be able to play in the hurricane-ravaged Superdome by September.

"Today we are very pleased to advise our entire organization -- coaches, players and staff -- that we will be returning to Metairie in January," owner Tom Benson said in a memo circulated to the team. "We are working in Louisiana to play as many games as possible in the Superdome, which may be ready in September."

State officials in Louisiana had estimated the Superdome could be open by November.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/9125049

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Good to hear. Even though the saints are not going to be a good team next seaon.

Pride
12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
wow... that place should be a tomb.

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 02:52 PM
It buys the NFL some credibility that they just didn't abandon the place.

But unless they get the population to pre-Katrina levels quickly- the NFL will move the team to LA with a ":idunno:Well we tried".

However, The NFL will try to make some amends- possibly awarding them the Super Bowl on a semi-permanent basis. They have been floating the idea anyway- setting up a city or two to host the game on a 3 or 4 year rotation.

Michael82
12-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Agreed. Who would want to go see a football game there after knowing the kinds of horrific things that happened there?

Bmax
12-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Benson has an out in 2007.... He will use it to move somewhere..I would never go to a game in the superdome..... I bet this won't keep players their or make them want to play in N.O. The city is still in shambles... schools are not open .. Hospitals are wrecks .. I guess they have got their priorities straight down their..

Bmax

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Agreed. Who would want to go see a football game there after knowing the kinds of horrific things that happened there?

I don't think anyone will have "what happened there" on their minds.

STAMPY
12-30-2005, 04:18 PM
I think you guys are ******ed. It shows that a city didn't give up. It shows people stuck together. Didn't run away. And are rebuilding. It is a great show of faith. And i hope the Saints kick ass. And i hope New Orleans once again remains a kick ass tourist party destination. That is like saying after 9-11. The area around the attacks. Should have just shut down. Left. The companies, buildings, everything around it. :bs:

Getting back up is what it is all about. That is what this great Country is all about.

Bill Brasky
12-30-2005, 05:05 PM
That is like saying after 9-11. The area around the attacks. Should have just shut down. Left. The companies, buildings, everything around it.
THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME!

But I see your point.

The only problem is NYC is full of drama queens who make a big deal if a horse farts and it blows the wrong way in the jet stream.

Personally, I'd rather rebuild New Orleans than Ground Zero, I'm sure I'll get lynched for that.

yeah, who would want to see a yankee game in NYC after knowing what kinds of horrific things happen there on a daily basis. :crazy:

Bmax
12-30-2005, 11:21 PM
No i just think that there are bigger things than football.....If we truly want to show the people of N.O. that we care we should open up schools .. Get levys repaired, hospitial back to speed etc.. then worry about football. They killed people in the dome...Raped women ...People were left to die and they want to open the place again..So some rich people can watch a game .. Give me a break...

Bmax

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 11:27 PM
No i just think that there are bigger things than football.....If we truly want to show the people of N.O. that we care we should open up schools .. Get levys repaired, hospitial back to speed etc.. then worry about football. They killed people in the dome...Raped women ...People were left to die and they want to open the place again..So some rich people can watch a game .. Give me a break...

BmaxThose stories came from the convention center If i'm not mistaken.

I'm sure Shriners will have those icky feelins next time they are in town

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Personally, I'd rather rebuild New Orleans than Ground Zero, I'm sure I'll get lynched for that.

I used to work in 7WTC for years and know alot of people in that area. I will agree that the delay in getting it rebuilt is BS (politics vs. over-zealous families) but both 9/11 and Katrina were terrible events and both areas need to be addressed.

gr8slayer
12-31-2005, 12:24 AM
Your not joking. But the NFL has to do the "right" thing. :rolleyes:

Bmax
12-31-2005, 12:30 AM
I just feel for the people of the saints.. Front office people.. ticket guys ...etc...I guess it's good for them to have their jobs back near their homes...

I just feel benson will pull the plug sooner of later.....

Bmax

STAMPY
12-31-2005, 01:08 AM
u guys are lucky devin has not read this!

Devin
12-31-2005, 01:22 AM
The city has many different needs in all areas right now, but football here is a big deal. These fans get such hope and happiness out of the Saints. Most are not stupid and realize that they will be gone after 2006.

What happened in the Superdome is unfortunate but both the Saints practice facility and the field will be just how they left it. The bottom line will be attendance.

Benson is a marked man here, and not one football fan can take his side. Because if Ralph did the same in B-Lo hed be just as hated. Benson has poorly managed this pathetic franchise since day 1, the Saints mean nothing to me but they certainly mean a lot to the people here.

Put yourself in their shoes. If some horrific blizzard wiped out Buffalo and the Bills were on the verge of leaving how would it make you feel?

PUCKER
12-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Good. It was the right thing to do.