• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstDownBills
    Your rebirth can't hurt
    • Dec 2005

WFAN says Mularkey won't get fired

I was watching the Mike and the Mad Dog program just now and they were giving their predictions for each NFL team that may fire their head coaches at the end of this season. When they brought up Buffalo both said they were "unsure" at first before Mad Dog jumped in and said "you know I don't see Mularkey going. Only because this will be the second time they've fired a head coach after two seasons. They let Gregg Williams go after two seasons and he's showing what a great asset he is as a DC in Washington." Then Mike jumped in saying "I think what will save Mularkey this year is the fact that there are no great canidates out there to hire. Charlie Weiss isn't going anywhere etc. etc." Your guys thoughts on this analysis?

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
    Playoff Record: 0-0
    Super Bowl Appearances: 0
    Super Bowl Wins: 0
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: WFAN says Mularkey won't get fired

Gregg was in Buffalo for 3, not 2.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
      Your rebirth can't hurt
      • Dec 2005

I know that, I was just sort of paraphrasing what they said.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
      Playoff Record: 0-0
      Super Bowl Appearances: 0
      Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• tat2dmike77
        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
        • Dec 2005

I must say i must agree with mike and the maddog. I kknow things have been rough and i'm no fan of MM right now. But if this team goes down hill next year as well or shows no sign of improvement then let him go.

I'm with you all in the fact that some changes need to be made but i think TD needs to go. He's made some bonehead moves here. Bring in a new GM and let him work things out. Like i say if the bills go down hill next season then i think MM needs to be looking for a new job.

Comment

• Patti120
          • Aug 2004

Agreed,

His first year was a transitional year and he had a winning record and the 2nd year has been a bust so they'll give him one more to see what happens. TD sounds like he's in love with him anyways, although hopefully TD will be gone, but I doubt that either.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

If TD stays, MM stays. He gets the Gregg repreive- fire some coordinators and you can stay.

If Modrak takes over, I'll say MM stays. See above.

If a new GM comes in, it's 50-50. New GM may take a season to evaluate what he has. Also may depend on who's available. If a top coach prospect comes along and can be signed- you never know.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patti120
              Agreed,
              His first year was a transitional year and he had a winning record and the 2nd year has been a bust so they'll give him one more to see what happens. TD sounds like he's in love with him anyways, although hopefully TD will be gone, but I doubt that either.

Yeah, let's keep our mistake one more year, not make the playoffs again and THEN decide he needs to go. If you can see he can't coach, why keep him? Just to say he had 3 years? That's a joke!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                I must say i must agree with mike and the maddog. I kknow things have been rough and i'm no fan of MM right now. But if this team goes down hill next year as well or shows no sign of improvement then let him go.

I'm with you all in the fact that some changes need to be made but i think TD needs to go. He's made some bonehead moves here. Bring in a new GM and let him work things out. Like i say if the bills go down hill next season then i think MM needs to be looking for a new job.
                Hey new guy- anything you can do to shrink that sig a tiny bit? It meses up the screen.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

We're taking too much stock into what 2 goofs in New York City think about our coaching situation. Mike is actually not a bad host, he knows a good deal about football, but Chris is a moron. He knows nothing about anything but baseball, i have buddies in NYC and they think Chris Russo is an idiot. Doesn't he rip on the Yankees and Mets all the time too and says how great the SF Giants are? I could careless what they think about the Bills to be honest with you.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• STAMPY
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Sep 2003

he cried when the mets beat his Giants in 2000 in playoffs. What a clown

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      Hey new guy- anything you can do to shrink that sig a tiny bit? It meses up the screen.
                      better?

Comment

• MarvLevy
                        Can I get some power to give REP?
                        • Jul 2005

"A MUST RULE" NEW GM= NEW COACH .
                        A NEW GM MUST BE GIVEN THE POWER TO START FRESH AND HIRE HIS OWN GUYS

Comment

• Marvelous
                          • Feb 2004

fyi, why would MM get fired?? man! fans demand change too much...TD wont fire MM after 2 seasons. IMO even a new GM might keep MM, but im 75% sure TD stays... He makes teh Ralph alot of money, and handles the organization (team aside) really well.. Marketing, funds etc.... I would love a GM with some idea for team needs....
                          GO BILLS!!! NE
                          Magical Trevor

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Darth Krumrie
                            fyi, why would MM get fired?? man! fans demand change too much...TD wont fire MM after 2 seasons. IMO even a new GM might keep MM, but im 75% sure TD stays... He makes teh Ralph alot of money, and handles the organization (team aside) really well.. Marketing, funds etc.... I would love a GM with some idea for team needs....
                            That is just because you know MM is going to hand the reigns to your boy holcomb this offseason. a REAL HC sits Holcomb unless there is a legit injury. a REAL HC knows holcomb is nothing but a wanna be, never has been backup.

Comment

• Marvelous
                              • Feb 2004

don't let the 'holcombmaniac' tag fool ya.. i care about the future of the team... I just am terrified of a full rebuild........
                              GO BILLS!!! NE
                              Magical Trevor

Comment

Working...
                              X