PDA

View Full Version : WFAN says Mularkey won't get fired

FirstDownBills
12-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I was watching the Mike and the Mad Dog program just now and they were giving their predictions for each NFL team that may fire their head coaches at the end of this season. When they brought up Buffalo both said they were "unsure" at first before Mad Dog jumped in and said "you know I don't see Mularkey going. Only because this will be the second time they've fired a head coach after two seasons. They let Gregg Williams go after two seasons and he's showing what a great asset he is as a DC in Washington." Then Mike jumped in saying "I think what will save Mularkey this year is the fact that there are no great canidates out there to hire. Charlie Weiss isn't going anywhere etc. etc." Your guys thoughts on this analysis?

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Gregg was in Buffalo for 3, not 2.

FirstDownBills
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I know that, I was just sort of paraphrasing what they said.

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I must say i must agree with mike and the maddog. I kknow things have been rough and i'm no fan of MM right now. But if this team goes down hill next year as well or shows no sign of improvement then let him go.

I'm with you all in the fact that some changes need to be made but i think TD needs to go. He's made some bonehead moves here. Bring in a new GM and let him work things out. Like i say if the bills go down hill next season then i think MM needs to be looking for a new job.

Patti120
12-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Agreed,

His first year was a transitional year and he had a winning record and the 2nd year has been a bust so they'll give him one more to see what happens. TD sounds like he's in love with him anyways, although hopefully TD will be gone, but I doubt that either.

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 03:34 PM
If TD stays, MM stays. He gets the Gregg repreive- fire some coordinators and you can stay.

If Modrak takes over, I'll say MM stays. See above.

If a new GM comes in, it's 50-50. New GM may take a season to evaluate what he has. Also may depend on who's available. If a top coach prospect comes along and can be signed- you never know.

Nighthawk
12-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Agreed,
His first year was a transitional year and he had a winning record and the 2nd year has been a bust so they'll give him one more to see what happens. TD sounds like he's in love with him anyways, although hopefully TD will be gone, but I doubt that either.

Yeah, let's keep our mistake one more year, not make the playoffs again and THEN decide he needs to go. If you can see he can't coach, why keep him? Just to say he had 3 years? That's a joke!

Dozerdog
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
I must say i must agree with mike and the maddog. I kknow things have been rough and i'm no fan of MM right now. But if this team goes down hill next year as well or shows no sign of improvement then let him go.

I'm with you all in the fact that some changes need to be made but i think TD needs to go. He's made some bonehead moves here. Bring in a new GM and let him work things out. Like i say if the bills go down hill next season then i think MM needs to be looking for a new job.

Hey new guy- anything you can do to shrink that sig a tiny bit? It meses up the screen.

Demon
12-30-2005, 04:38 PM
We're taking too much stock into what 2 goofs in New York City think about our coaching situation. Mike is actually not a bad host, he knows a good deal about football, but Chris is a moron. He knows nothing about anything but baseball, i have buddies in NYC and they think Chris Russo is an idiot. Doesn't he rip on the Yankees and Mets all the time too and says how great the SF Giants are? I could careless what they think about the Bills to be honest with you.

STAMPY
12-30-2005, 04:42 PM
he cried when the mets beat his Giants in 2000 in playoffs. What a clown

tat2dmike77
12-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey new guy- anything you can do to shrink that sig a tiny bit? It meses up the screen.

better?

MarvLevy
12-30-2005, 06:19 PM
"A MUST RULE" NEW GM= NEW COACH .
A NEW GM MUST BE GIVEN THE POWER TO START FRESH AND HIRE HIS OWN GUYS

Marvelous
12-30-2005, 06:32 PM
fyi, why would MM get fired?? man! fans demand change too much...TD wont fire MM after 2 seasons. IMO even a new GM might keep MM, but im 75% sure TD stays... He makes teh Ralph alot of money, and handles the organization (team aside) really well.. Marketing, funds etc.... I would love a GM with some idea for team needs....

ICE74129
12-30-2005, 07:05 PM
fyi, why would MM get fired?? man! fans demand change too much...TD wont fire MM after 2 seasons. IMO even a new GM might keep MM, but im 75% sure TD stays... He makes teh Ralph alot of money, and handles the organization (team aside) really well.. Marketing, funds etc.... I would love a GM with some idea for team needs....

That is just because you know MM is going to hand the reigns to your boy holcomb this offseason. a REAL HC sits Holcomb unless there is a legit injury. a REAL HC knows holcomb is nothing but a wanna be, never has been backup.

Marvelous
12-30-2005, 07:27 PM
don't let the 'holcombmaniac' tag fool ya.. i care about the future of the team... I just am terrified of a full rebuild........

FirstDownBills
12-30-2005, 08:12 PM
We're taking too much stock into what 2 goofs in New York City think about our coaching situation. Mike is actually not a bad host, he knows a good deal about football, but Chris is a moron. He knows nothing about anything but baseball, i have buddies in NYC and they think Chris Russo is an idiot. Doesn't he rip on the Yankees and Mets all the time too and says how great the SF Giants are? I could careless what they think about the Bills to be honest with you.

A lot of fans that say Russo is a moron are a bunch of bitter Yankee fans. Russo knows his stuff too, and although he may have a biased towards the San Francisco Giants he's very quick to give the Yankees or the Mets credit when something goes their way or an offseason move turns out really good for them. Mike has been bashing the Mets for quite awhile now, why doesn't he get any heat? I think the only reason Russo gets more heat is because he doesn't root for a New York team in baseball. Thats just my assumption after watching the show for some time and hearing all of the comments being made off the air. I mean the Gregg Williams point they made was an excellent point. I think we should of from the very beginning let Gregg strictly be a D.C. but find someone else for a head coach. Do you see how bad the defense is getting with him gone? Ranked # 3 to now almost dead last.

don137
12-31-2005, 09:42 AM
I went golfing yesterday with a guy that's brother is very good friends with Mularkey for many many years from his days back in Ft Lauderdale. He indicated that MM seems to know he is on the hot seat at the end of this year.

ICE74129
12-31-2005, 10:10 AM
MM needs to go.

FirstDownBills
12-31-2005, 01:29 PM
I went golfing yesterday with a guy that's brother is very good friends with Mularkey for many many years from his days back in Ft Lauderdale. He indicated that MM seems to know he is on the hot seat at the end of this year.

MM better know this.

FlyingDutchman
12-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Ralph has been on the record sayin he likes MM. I assure something will change, but i think it will Donohoe who is out and MM stayin. I dont know if i like this