PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Miller to Appear at Frozen Pond

pyrrhonist
12-30-2005, 07:26 PM
http://www.frozenpond.com/images/miller_banner.jpg
One of my buddies online that I trade McFarlane figures with emailed me a day ago, and told me about Ryan appearing to sign at the Frozen Pond. Here are the prices for signed items for his upcoming signing, which will take place on April 2nd, 2006:

In-Store Autograph Fees

Flat Items ............................. $15
Bulky Items ............................ $25

Mail Order Pricing
Our Items

Autographed 8X10 Photo ......................................... $28 CDN ($24 U.S.)
Autographed 16X20 Photo ........................................ $50 CDN ($42 U.S.)
Autographed Puck .................................................. $28 CDN ($24 U.S.)
Autographed Goalie Stick ......................................... $139 CDN ($119 U.S.)
Autographed Pro Jersey ........................................... $339 CDN ($289 U.S.)

Your Items

Your Flat Item .........$26 CDN ($22 U.S.)
Your Bulky Item .......$34 CDN ($28 U.S.)

**** Please call 905-760-8404 before sending in any items. ****

So---Who from T-Dot can help me out? :peace:

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-31-2005, 08:46 AM
I am not an autograph collecter per say, but those look like some pretty steep prices.

DMBcrew36
12-31-2005, 12:06 PM
I am not an autograph collecter per say, but those look like some pretty steep prices.

yea what a scam

pyrrhonist
12-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Isn't $24 US, SHIPPED no less, a pretty damn good price for an auto'd 8x10? I don't really buy auto'd memorabilia either (Most have been given to me as gifts, or I've been helped out by friends), but that seems like a good price.

pyrrhonist
02-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey hbf,

Are you planning on going to this? I think Toronto's pretty close to you, right? :beer:

hammerbillsfan
02-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Probably not.
I work in Toronto but don't live in Toronto.
I don't even know where it is. :idunno:

Valerie
02-16-2006, 03:43 PM
He is actually charging his fans for autographs? That is wrong on so many levels! I wouldn't pay a dime for his signature. What an ass! :down: Is he related to Danny Snyder?

The_Philster
02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
He is actually charging his fans for autographs? That is wrong on so many levels! I wouldn't pay a dime for his signature. What an ass! :down: Is he related to Danny Snyder?
They almost always charge at these kinds of things

pyrrhonist
02-17-2006, 12:54 AM

I think your anger is aimed in the wrong direction, Val. The owner of the Frozen Pond is the one charging the fees. I'm sure Ryan gets an appearance fee, but you're actually paying the store location. If you look, there are some "holy" Leafs on there, too. :up:

Valerie
02-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I guess I've never really gone to an appearance by a sports star. But, I did go to meet Charles Mann from the Redskins (the only Redskin player I actually liked and still do).He was at a sports store, sitting behind a table signing pictures of himself. I swear he didn't charge for his autograph. I think it's a really crappy thing to do.

pyrrhonist
02-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Probably not.
I work in Toronto but don't live in Toronto.
I don't even know where it is. :idunno:

Use a map program! :D

I am pre-ordering an 8X10, to add to my Sabres wall at home. They do personal signings, so if I can get Ryan to put something personalized, all will be well (I don't collect autos to resell them).

hammerbillsfan
02-18-2006, 01:25 PM
How come you don't come up here? :idunno: