PDA

View Full Version : If your a OT in the 1st fan, we may have our man!

X-Era
12-30-2005, 08:45 PM
I hate doing this, but this is my post from another thread:

BTW, if anyone is watching this game and your a LT in the 1st fan, Andrew Whitworth is OWNING Eric Winston if you compare the 2 straight up. Whitworth has better height, just as good a feet, is a strong run blocker, no injury issues this year, and is the guy that Addai runs behind mostly.

Coming into the game, I was a HUGE Winston fan. I still am, as he has looked good, but Whitworth looks like a true top 10 LT, who is likely to be at our spot.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="97%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"><table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="22"><table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bordercolor="000066"><td>Andrew Whitworth</td> <td rowspan="7" width="35%">
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="166"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: right top;" background="images/blast.gif" height="97" valign="middle">
CDS
Top #16 Pick!
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>School</td> <td width="44%">Louisiana Statehttp://condraft.com/images/ascv.jpg (http://condraft.com/goto.php?g=college&id=209)</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Class</td> <td>2006</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Height</td> <td>607.0</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Weight</td> <td>325</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Speed</td> <td>5.24 (Unofficial) </td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Position</td> <td> OT </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#000066"> <td bgcolor="#000066" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" height="19" width="1%">http://condraft.com/images/p4_free.jpg</td> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" width="99%">Stats</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="22"><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>2002: Started 13 of 13 games.
2003: Started 14 of 14 games.
2004: Started 12 of 12 games.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#000066"> <td bgcolor="#000066" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" height="19" width="1%">http://condraft.com/images/p4_free.jpg</td> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" width="99%">CDS Profile </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="22"><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Andrew Whitworth toyed with the idea of declaring himself for the 2005 NFL Draft last winter, but his teammates and coaches couldn't have been happier when he decided to return for his senior season. Whitworth is a stalwart at the left tackle position. He combines long arms and good technique to keep pass rushers at bay, although he can be beat by the better speed rushers because he doesn't have outstanding quickness. There are few run blockers as effective as Whitworth. With his great strength he devours would-be tacklers and opens wide holes for his talented running backs. One of the best aspects of Whitworth's game is his durability. He's started 39 straight games for the Tigers. Whitworth will headline a strong class of offensive tackles in the 2006 NFL Draft and should hear his name called in the top 20 picks come April.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

6' 7" 325, with great feet and a good run blocker ta boot!!! Umm, stud! Ill take him at 10-12 anyday.

Personally, I dont think we need a LT, Im convinced Peters is gonna be great at LT, but he isnt proven there. This guy IS!!! Id rather go DB or DT, or maybe even TE (Lewis and Davis are all world), but if hes there Id take him in a heartbeat!

ICE74129
12-30-2005, 08:49 PM
This is not a bash on you, but please understand....the Bills need to quit screwing around with the left tackle position!

Quit trying to put other teams scrubs, undrafted Tight ends etc at THE MOST IMPORTANT OL POSITION!!!!

There are Three cornerstones to any good franchise..

QB

Right Pass rushing DE

LEFT TACKLE!!!!

X-Era
12-30-2005, 08:50 PM
This is not a bash on you, but please understand....the Bills need to quit screwing around with the left tackle position!

Quit trying to put other teams scrubs, undrafted Tight ends etc at THE MOST IMPORTANT OL POSITION!!!!

There are Three cornerstones to any good franchise..

QB

Right Pass rushing DE

LEFT TACKLE!!!!

So, Im going 2 optiona and your not happy? Both Peters and Whitworth or Winston for that matter would be very good, with the question being on potential with the draftees.

Whats the problem?

hydro014
12-30-2005, 09:09 PM
i could not agree more. Winston has not impressed me, whitworth has and D'Brick was a machine today. I know D'Brick wont be there when we pick but we can dream. I really want Mario Williams DE from NC ST., but he most likely will be gone too.

If we get the 10-12th pick i would like to trade to the 15-20th pick and take a whitworth, joe thomas (wisc. although he might not come out), or mcneil (auburn) if we are going to draft a OT.

R. Rich
12-30-2005, 09:16 PM
i could not agree more. Winston has not impressed me, whitworth has and D'Brick was a machine today. I know D'Brick wont be there when we pick but we can dream. I really want Mario Williams DE from NC ST., but he most likely will be gone too.
If we get the 10-12th pick i would like to trade to the 15-20th pick and take a whitworth, joe thomas (wisc. although he might not come out), or mcneil (auburn) if we are going to draft a OT.

I couldn't have said it better.

Not that we'll get any of these guys, but here's the order in which I'd love to have any of these players end up a Buffalo Bill:

1. Mario Williams
2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3. Mathias Kiwanuka

ArcticWildMan
12-31-2005, 03:51 AM
Give me a free agent LT that can play over a rookie. Mike Williams was considered a phenom with zero sacks allowed and no injury problems. People were gushing over him being the next pro-bowler.

Robert Gallery is another shining example of a can't miss prospect that people were already making space for in the hall of fame before he was even drafted. Look at him now. He was demoted to guard and is a nobody.

We can do much better spending money on a proven vet player. Let somebody else take a risk on an unproven rookie.

Mahdi
12-31-2005, 06:22 AM
IMO we should not be drafting an OT before we solidify the interior of the line first. With good athletes on the outside like Gandy and Peters, all we need is an FA or two at guard and centre and you draft the best guard/centre available with our second pick. With our first pick we take the best DT we can get. It wouldnt be a bad idea to take an OT in the later rounds though depending on who is there.

X-Era
12-31-2005, 07:14 AM
IMO we should not be drafting an OT before we solidify the interior of the line first. With good athletes on the outside like Gandy and Peters, all we need is an FA or two at guard and centre and you draft the best guard/centre available with our second pick. With our first pick we take the best DT we can get. It wouldnt be a bad idea to take an OT in the later rounds though depending on who is there.

I completely agree, note the title. Personally I am a fan of other positions and I go along with taking the best value at your pick at a need position. DB would seem to be the clear fit. We have 2 aging vets at S, and may lose our other starting CB. Mike Huff or Darnell Bing (if he declares) could be there and both can play day one. Personally, I think the top DT spot is up for grabs right now. Neither Ngata nor Wright impresses me enought o warrant a 10-12 pick. I feel Claude Wroten may be the best of the bunch but he isnt worth anything higher than say 15-20.

I like us taking a DB in the 1st or even getting a very high potential type at a semi-need position. Trade McGahee and draft Deangelo Williams? maybe, but its too risky for my taste. Draft Vernon Davis? I like it, he could be the next Gates or Shockey and help JP day one. It sure would help us if Moulds is gone to have an underneath guy.