PDA

View Full Version : Should Reed be Re-signed?

Mahdi
12-31-2005, 06:30 AM
Although Reed has had his bone-head plays this year, he has made some great plays and some key third down catches, which is essentially his job. I think he should be re-signed to a fair contract. Having him along with Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Everett should be a good core of receivers going into next year.

X-Era
12-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Although Reed has had his bone-head plays this year, he has made some great plays and some key third down catches, which is essentially his job. I think he should be re-signed to a fair contract. Having him along with Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Everett should be a good core of receivers going into next year.

I think yes. We always can use depth at WR. Especially with so many young guys. Why not simply let Reed battle it out with Parrish, Aiken, other.

Historian
12-31-2005, 08:48 AM
At that position, you either have it...or you don't. You don't wait four years to a WR to develop, they're a dime a dozen.

He shouldn't have even been on the team this year.

Cut him loose.

ShadowHawk7
12-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Aiken has run out of time IMO.. He has lost my patience. He's got potential, but when he's in on offense, he pulls a disappearing act. He doesn't make as many plays as Reed, Parrish, or even Smith. He was supposed to be the "sleeper" but has turned into the "snoozer".. Lets find another E-Mo clone. Maybe Aiken proves me wrong but I doubt it. Resign Reed, cut Aiken.

Bill Brasky
12-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Although Reed has had his bone-head plays this year

yeah, the rest of the team certainly has been perfect and Reed is the only guy out there making mistakes.

Cut him loose.

That makes sense, considering he's one of the few guys that has made plays this year. Reward our 3rd leading receiver by cutting him. I guess we could just hand Parrish his job like we handed Bledsoe's to JP.

The logic on this board amazes me sometimes :coocoo:

chernobylwraiths
12-31-2005, 10:00 AM
If Reed could be had for a low veteran salary, I wouldn't be upset if they keep him. I like Aiken because he seems to do very well on special teams. I would avoid picking a WR in the draft since we have our good receivers and good return men. The only way I pick a WR in the draft is if we loose Moulds. Then we need to find a big physical receiver.

We need line help much more though, so we should concentrate there.

don137
12-31-2005, 10:05 AM
veteran minimum with no guarantees...

Ebenezer
12-31-2005, 10:20 AM
would you rather have Reed in camp or somebody wearing 14 trying to make the team?? I'll sign him...you can always cut him.

Bill Cody
12-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Ba bye :bigwave:

tat2dmike77
12-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Moulds moe then likely will be a salary cap victim. So signing reed to two or three year deal wouldn't hurt.

I will admit his play was much better this year then in years before. Maybe he put stucko on his gloves before games i dunno and really don't care.

But it never hurts to have anthor receiver on the roster. Is aiken even playing anymore? I mean no w that has been a Yawn kinda guy. But the my take on it. I say sign him and if he starts to have the dropsies again cut him loose.

gr8slayer
12-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes we should re-sign him. We need the depth.

pleasesavedrew
12-31-2005, 02:49 PM
He'll be so cheap that it will be worth it.

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2005, 03:17 PM
veteran minimum with no guarantees...

yep

BAM
12-31-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm in favor of re-signing Reed. He hasn't been all that bad this year.

helmetguy
12-31-2005, 05:08 PM
If only we could land Stovall...

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Of course he should be resigned. Do we have a better #3? Nobody's stood up yet... Even so... Do we have a better #4?

HHURRICANE
12-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Even though I am in favor of cutting half of the team I actually think we should keep Reed. Alot of my thinking depends on money, etc. but he has played his position better than alot of other players on this team. I agree that Aiken hasn't developed into anything special.

Marvelous
12-31-2005, 05:28 PM
I think Reed stil has some upside. He could be a excellent clutch slot guy. And injuries always happen so imo resign him and lets be safe. If we resign him there's no need to draft a WR before teh 5th round. Heck TD & co can get a gem in UDFA's... Reed has impressed me with some of his clutch catches. + He single handedly saved us from getting shutout against teh Pats. He has improved this season..

Michael82
12-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Hell yes, he should be re-signed. He has done a very good job this year and at times been our best receiver on the field for JP Losman. I like that he's gone away from the terrible year last year and he'll come cheap.

G. Host
12-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes he should be signed and if TD (or whatever GM wants to come to Buffalo after mob runs him out of town) can he should get a multiple year lower value deal like he got with Travis Henry SO if Parrish turns out to be something other than a WR who can play half the games poorly Reed can be traded like Henry was. He does seem to be in sync with JP who is our QB of the near or far future. Of course Reed was not so foolish with his money like Henry was so we need to hope no GM or coach thinks he has more potential than Bills do. IMO a one year minimum value deal is not worth much - of he becomes GOOD then he gets a great deal after next year, if he is POOR than Bills waste a roster slot, money and most importantly TIME they could be using to develop a WR with.

Marvelous
12-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Hell yes, he should be re-signed. He has done a very good job this year and at times been our best receiver on the field for JP Losman. I like that he's gone away from the terrible year last year and he'll come cheap.
:clap: :gobills: I agree 100%....

Spiderweb
01-01-2006, 01:09 AM
If Reed could be had for a low veteran salary, I wouldn't be upset if they keep him. I like Aiken because he seems to do very well on special teams. I would avoid picking a WR in the draft since we have our good receivers and good return men. The only way I pick a WR in the draft is if we loose Moulds. Then we need to find a big physical receiver.

We need line help much more though, so we should concentrate there.

Makes sense to me. Reed has improved if only for the reason we haven't been tearing him apart of late for continued drops. I still have no faith in him, but that was a nice catch for a key first (22 yards) last week. If he's reasonable, resign him.

Some bashing Aiken fail to realize his ST value, which is reasonably high. Offensively, he hasn't shown me much, except he too can drop 'em with the best of them. Yet, he's a guy that can be of value.