PDA

View Full Version : Baby with the bath water

X-Era
12-31-2005, 07:26 AM
If we were to can Mularkey, most likely that means all new coord's, which means all new schemes and an entirely new O playbook to learn/master.

Is anyone ready to spend another year playing mediocre to master some new offense, or tweak this or that all season long to develop into a productive team?

Its a likely scenario if we can Mularkey.

I only have one problem with Mularkey right now. Wasnt he one of the guys who said to draft JP? But now he is so fickle on him that he benchs him at the drop of a hat?

If Mularkey is to stay on, he MUST decide who starts in 06, and if its Losman, TRULY support the guy and let him have some bad games. NO MORE flip flopping!!!!

Get a set!!!!

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 07:29 AM
Both coordinators suck..I don't get your point

ICE74129
12-31-2005, 08:15 AM
It is time to clean house across the board.

Historian
12-31-2005, 08:51 AM
It depends how long you want to push back being a contender. If you want to put off the rebuilding, sure, give him another year. Give him two.

If you want to turn the thing around and start heading in the right direction....again...you cut him loose, IMO.

X-Era
12-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Both coordinators suck..I don't get your point

I dont disagree at all. The point, I guess, is that even if we get a playoff caliper DC and OC, just learning and mastering the new systems could take a year. I feel like alot of people think you can just sh_t can the HC and staff and plug some new group in and day one we become a playoff team, I dont see that happening.

Maybe Im questioning if we arent better off just sticking with Mularkey, who will be getting 2 new coord's anyways most likley, Clements is all but gone, Gray may get a HC job, and then Mularkey might keep SOME things familiar such that we may not have to re-learn everything and can get to winning sooner.

Mularkey MUST fix his issue with JP in some way prior to the 06 season. Trade JP, cut him, start him AND truly back him, tell the vest to kiss off. Whatever the problem is it MUST be fixed and I wouldnt necessarily mind keeping Mularkey. But if hes gonna play the same QB carousel game next year, we are screwed before we start and that is UNACCEPTABLE to me. Why in the hell did he want us to trade up and get JP only to not stand behind him? Thats ridiculous. Its in the past but, going forward the LAST thing we need is a QB controversy or confusion of ANY kind. If hes the HC next year, he MUST fix it!!!

Novacane
12-31-2005, 09:24 AM
If we were to can Mularkey, most likely that means all new coord's, which means all new schemes and an entirely new O playbook to learn/master.

Is anyone ready to spend another year playing mediocre to master some new offense!!!!

Are you ready to spend another year playing mediorcre because we have a HC that is not very good and then start from scratch next offseason when he finally gets canned?

X-Era
12-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Are you ready to spend another year playing mediorcre because we have a HC that is not very good and then start from scratch next offseason when he finally gets canned?

Certainly not! But the assumption is that MM is the cause of our losses this year. TD was the butt pirate that built this team with boatloads of bargain basement backups. Is it possible that MM was being asked to turn stones into gold?

MM had to can Clements and take over the playcalling, how did that work out for a SB winning coach like Belicheck? The D sucked all year mostly because we lost Pat and didnt replace him, NOT Mularkeys fault.

Now, coming into the Bungles game, I would have said can him, but for several weeks he has steadily been getting this team to rally around him and play better and better. Now, we still have the JP situation and if MM truly was cowing down to the vets, and then the vets started playing for him, then he will again lose the vest if he switchs back to JP. There has to be a resolution on that like I said.

As far as not being very good, I only want a few things. I want him to bring mental toughness; the jury is still out, in some games we play real tough, and then we go and give up a 21 point lead to Miami. I want him to get us to go to the playoffs, last year, he almost did that. It was the players that gave up against Pitt's 3rd stringers. I want him to NOT screw up with the media, I have been fairly impressed with his handling of them to be honest.

I think its critical to have your players believe in you, Mularkey has that right now, or so it seems. I think he might just be able to get us places if we get some better talent and replace Clements with a more proven OC. If Gray gets another DT to stop the run, we may revert back to one of the leagues best, getting TKO back wouldnt hurt either.

Really the JP mess is the only real question mark I have on him, he needs to make a plan, and then stick to it. I just feel TD's bargain shopping cost this team more wins than Mularkey has. It HAS to stop and we MUST invest in TRUE upgrades on both lines; and yes pay the appropriate money.

ICE74129
12-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Mike mularkey is an assclown and a joke as an attempt as a Head Coach. He has lost his locker room. You don't get that back by playing hard ass AFTER you have lost it.

We need to cut bait with TD and MM. We need to cut/ Trade some of the locker room lawers to set an example.

Typ0
12-31-2005, 11:01 AM
The funny thing is going back a year we have a veteran QB on the team whose told that he has no chance of even competing for the QB job this season and then we don't end up committing to the guy we said we were committed to at that point. I think of those comments DB made on Rome a few weeks ago and I really understood what he was saying despite many Bills fans thinking he was crazy. Anyway you look at it the team was close to a playoff berth last season and seemed to be headed in the right direction as the season went on.

I really think our whole mess goes back to management's (including MM as head coach) smoke screen tactics. Not only don't they respect us as fans all indications seem to be they don't respect the players in the same way. The end result is veterans are being mistreated constantly by the management team and the rest of the players are responding in the ways they probably should. If you're going to work for an organization you want to see them treating their people well.

I have to ask myself why did it take RW to step in and give Moulds a forum where he felt he could be heard and given a fair shake on what the heck is going on with the team? EM handled the situation very appropriately if you ask me even though he seemed to make some waves...those waves were ones that had to be made as the coaching staff was stinking it up and insisted on the same crap over and over again.

It's a tough road to bring in a new staff as this thread indicates. I also think we, as Bills fans, could have a tendancy to get fed up too quickly because we want good results right now. That tendancy would cause us to pull the trigger too quickly on something not giving it enough chance to succeed. Then we land in a bottomless pit of constant change and the short term mediocrity that goes along with it. But the question certainly must be posed, if we don't change does that mean one more season of not being on the right track?

Typ0
12-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Not trying to make a case for DB above...just stating the reality that the whole situation was handled poorly and it's not the first time (or likely the last) we have seen this staff work in this fashion.