X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Mularkey AND Donahoe SAFE?!?!

I just stumbled upon this little article and thought you guys might be interested....

11. Donahoe, Mularkey Safe?

The curent thinking in league circles is that Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey will be back for 2006, despite rampant speculation that both will be gone.

The thinking is that 80-something owner Ralph Wilson would rather stick with the guys who are already in the building, since there's no guarantee that he'll find better candidates on the open market. Also, Wilson doesn't have a reputation for handing free money to guys who get bumped off with time left on their deals.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mularkey AND Donahoe SAFE?!?!

Now, before anyone says anything...I know it's only Profootball talk, but the truth is, they have been more right than wrong lately and I honestly am starting to think Donahoe is safe too now. I hope to God, I'm wrong...but I think we'll have another year of same old same old.

Comment

• Dhilton
      Needs an O-line
      • Dec 2005

Ralph should hand the team to someone who cares. Mark cuban is a better owner than RW

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

If it happens I just saved $900... the cost of a pair of season tix!

Comment

• Fairway
          • Jul 2002

If TD stays it proves Ralph is not really interested in winning. We need a new owner.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

as I was saying at lunch the other day...younger fans don't know/remember the days when Ralph was villified in this town...he rarely put anything into the franchise...the won in the 70s by luck...he paid some money in the 80s with Knox...it wasn't until Polian got here that RW started opening up the check book.

I've said it all along...two of the three will be back next year...TD/TM/MM...we shall see.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              If it happens I just saved $900... the cost of a pair of season tix!
              A lot of people will.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                as I was saying at lunch the other day...younger fans don't know/remember the days when Ralph was villified in this town...he rarely put anything into the franchise...the won in the 70s by luck...he paid some money in the 80s with Knox...it wasn't until Polian got here that RW started opening up the check book.

I've said it all along...two of the three will be back next year...TD/TM/MM...we shall see.
                It appears Ralph is trying to get his old reputation back.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

I'll be very upset if true.

The guy has done what to save his job?

Im with Eb on this one, Ralph would be sending a message to his fans he just doesn't care anymore.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fairway
                    If TD stays it proves Ralph is not really interested in winning. We need a new owner.
                    BINGO!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Excellent Post. Younger fans don't remember the tight wad reputation that RW had before Polian showed up. Maybe he wants to have the team in the best sellable position which means a new owner not inheriting a big front office ie. New Orleans.

This is a big statement if TD stays.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                        I'll be very upset if true.

The guy has done what to save his job?

Im with Eb on this one, Ralph would be sending a message to his fans he just doesn't care anymore.
                        yeah he would. And this would also prove that the Bengals game was the worst thing that could have happened to this team. I knew there was a reason why I was so upset that they beat a team that was trying to clinch a first round bye.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

BTW, this is why Kelly Holcomb is going to be starting this week. IMO, it's coming directly from Tom Donahoe himself. If the Bills win big or just win at all, I think it saves Donahoe's job, and Mularkey is pretty much safe from last week.

Go Jets!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

I agree with Eb there will be no changes my dad always said Ralph only cared about lining his pockets and was a cheap SOB loke EB said the Super Bowl years where the only years he really spent any money and tahts because he had to

as long as ticket sales are up why make changes

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                              I agree with Eb there will be no changes my dad always said Ralph only cared about lining his pockets and was a cheap SOB loke EB said the Super Bowl years where the only years he really spent any money and tahts because he had to

as long as ticket sales are up why make changes
                              So, he's going to hold us hostage again?!?

i hope not. The reason why people stopped buying tickets and merchandise was because they could. Now, people believe that with Ralph's age and everything else, if we stop now...the team will be gone when he dies.

We can't win, can we?

Comment

Working...
                              X