PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey AND Donahoe SAFE?!?!

Michael82
12-31-2005, 04:02 PM
I just stumbled upon this little article and thought you guys might be interested....

11. Donahoe, Mularkey Safe?

The curent thinking in league circles is that Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey will be back for 2006, despite rampant speculation that both will be gone.

The thinking is that 80-something owner Ralph Wilson would rather stick with the guys who are already in the building, since there's no guarantee that he'll find better candidates on the open market. Also, Wilson doesn't have a reputation for handing free money to guys who get bumped off with time left on their deals.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Michael82
12-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Now, before anyone says anything...I know it's only Profootball talk, but the truth is, they have been more right than wrong lately and I honestly am starting to think Donahoe is safe too now. I hope to God, I'm wrong...but I think we'll have another year of same old same old. :ill:

Dhilton
12-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Ralph should hand the team to someone who cares. Mark cuban is a better owner than RW

Pride
12-31-2005, 04:11 PM
If it happens I just saved $900... the cost of a pair of season tix!

Novacane
12-31-2005, 04:16 PM
If TD stays it proves Ralph is not really interested in winning. We need a new owner.

Ebenezer
12-31-2005, 04:19 PM
as I was saying at lunch the other day...younger fans don't know/remember the days when Ralph was villified in this town...he rarely put anything into the franchise...the won in the 70s by luck...he paid some money in the 80s with Knox...it wasn't until Polian got here that RW started opening up the check book.

I've said it all along...two of the three will be back next year...TD/TM/MM...we shall see.

Michael82
12-31-2005, 04:23 PM
A lot of people will. :ill:

Michael82
12-31-2005, 04:24 PM
as I was saying at lunch the other day...younger fans don't know/remember the days when Ralph was villified in this town...he rarely put anything into the franchise...the won in the 70s by luck...he paid some money in the 80s with Knox...it wasn't until Polian got here that RW started opening up the check book.

I've said it all along...two of the three will be back next year...TD/TM/MM...we shall see.
It appears Ralph is trying to get his old reputation back. :mad:

ScottLawrence
12-31-2005, 05:11 PM
I'll be very upset if true.

The guy has done what to save his job?

Im with Eb on this one, Ralph would be sending a message to his fans he just doesn't care anymore.

HHURRICANE
12-31-2005, 05:18 PM
If TD stays it proves Ralph is not really interested in winning. We need a new owner.

BINGO!!

HHURRICANE
12-31-2005, 05:21 PM

Excellent Post. Younger fans don't remember the tight wad reputation that RW had before Polian showed up. Maybe he wants to have the team in the best sellable position which means a new owner not inheriting a big front office ie. New Orleans.

This is a big statement if TD stays.

Michael82
12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
I'll be very upset if true.

The guy has done what to save his job?

Im with Eb on this one, Ralph would be sending a message to his fans he just doesn't care anymore.
yeah he would. And this would also prove that the Bengals game was the worst thing that could have happened to this team. I knew there was a reason why I was so upset that they beat a team that was trying to clinch a first round bye. :ill:

Michael82
12-31-2005, 05:32 PM
BTW, this is why Kelly Holcomb is going to be starting this week. IMO, it's coming directly from Tom Donahoe himself. If the Bills win big or just win at all, I think it saves Donahoe's job, and Mularkey is pretty much safe from last week. :ill:

Go Jets! :puke:

L.A. Playa
12-31-2005, 05:37 PM
I agree with Eb there will be no changes my dad always said Ralph only cared about lining his pockets and was a cheap SOB loke EB said the Super Bowl years where the only years he really spent any money and tahts because he had to

as long as ticket sales are up why make changes

Michael82
12-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree with Eb there will be no changes my dad always said Ralph only cared about lining his pockets and was a cheap SOB loke EB said the Super Bowl years where the only years he really spent any money and tahts because he had to

as long as ticket sales are up why make changes
So, he's going to hold us hostage again?!? :ill:

i hope not. The reason why people stopped buying tickets and merchandise was because they could. Now, people believe that with Ralph's age and everything else, if we stop now...the team will be gone when he dies. :(

We can't win, can we? :mad:

ICE74129
12-31-2005, 05:46 PM
BTW, this is why Kelly Holcomb is going to be starting this week. IMO, it's coming directly from Tom Donahoe himself. If the Bills win big or just win at all, I think it saves Donahoe's job, and Mularkey is pretty much safe from last week. :ill:

Go Jets! :puke:

Now don't say go Jets, It gets you a negative rep :rage:

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 05:48 PM
TD's fate is already pretty much sealed, IMO...I don't put any more stock onto this report than I do a national Enquirer article
rooting for losses=pathetic;
giving up on the team=more pathetic;
letting the team leave town when Ralph passes on because of the fairweather mentality of so many=most pathetic

ICE74129
12-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Guys, Ralph wilson and the Bills have a LOSING lifetime record. We only made the playoffs something like 4-5 times outside of that 8 year run 88-96. That includes 98 and 99 seasons.

Until BILL POLIAN Came along this team was SH@!. It's fact, go look it up. After he left it started going to crap again.

Ralph Wilson needs to go.

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Guys, Ralph wilson and the Bills have a LOSING lifetime record. We only made the playoffs something like 4-5 times outside of that 8 year run 88-96. That includes 98 and 99 seasons.

Until BILL POLIAN Came along this team was SH@!. It's fact, go look it up. After he left it started going to crap again.

so does that mean you plan on killing him..cause that's the only way that'll happen..he won't sell the team and has stated so in the past

ICE74129
12-31-2005, 05:53 PM
so does that mean you plan on killing him..cause that's the only way that'll happen..he won't sell the team and has stated so in the past

Hummm....how much money you got? :funny:

No Ralph is one with the dark side of the force and will live for the next 20 years meaning we will not see the superbowl again in his lifetime and will make the playoffs 2x maybe.:blowup:

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 05:54 PM
You hate him so much...

Michael82
12-31-2005, 05:56 PM
He should sell it before he dies. If he really cares about Western NY like he says, he would sell the Buffalo Bills to some owner that has the money and ability to keep the team here forever.

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 06:02 PM
He should sell it before he dies. If he really cares about Western NY like he says, he would sell the Buffalo Bills to some owner that has the money and ability to keep the team here forever.
name one...we can hope we find one when Ralph passes on but Ralph would likely ask a lot more for the team than it would sell for when he passes and that means even more $ would be required.

Michael82
12-31-2005, 06:16 PM
name one...we can hope we find one when Ralph passes on but Ralph would likely ask a lot more for the team than it would sell for when he passes and that means even more $ would be required.
you don't understand. I'm saying that he work something out with a group of people who are commited to keeping the team here. He could probably work something out in his will where they get the team and his daughter(s)/wife get the money.

The_Philster
12-31-2005, 06:17 PM
That's a possibility but that won't shut up the whiners who talk like they want him dead now

Novacane
12-31-2005, 07:47 PM
That's a possibility but that won't shut up the whiners who talk like they want him dead now

:rolleyes:

gr8slayer
12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Only 900 bucks for freaking season tickets? That is very very cheap. I need to move to Buffalo!

Carlton Bailey
12-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Wilson sucks, Donahoe sucks, Mularkey sucks. Hell, the whole organization sucks and I've had enough.

Philagape
12-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Isn't this the web site that's known for BS? Mark Gaughan has written that TD is as good as gone.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051224/1042381.asp

Nevertheless, Mularkey's future as head coach is in doubt because of the Bills' collapse this season and because of the fact Mularkey is going to lose the man who chose him for the job.
It's a foregone conclusion that President and General Manager Tom Donahoe is going to be fired at the end of the season.

Michael82
12-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Isn't this the web site that's known for BS? Mark Gaughan has written that TD is as good as gone.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051224/1042381.asp

Nevertheless, Mularkey's future as head coach is in doubt because of the Bills' collapse this season and because of the fact Mularkey is going to lose the man who chose him for the job.
It's a foregone conclusion that President and General Manager Tom Donahoe is going to be fired at the end of the season.
Keep in mind what just happened this week. Angelo Crowell was just given an extension. If it was a done deal that Donahoe was gone, we wouldn't have seen that extension yet. :shakeno:

Philagape
12-31-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't think that necessarily follows. Even if TD's a lame duck, he'll still do his job, especially if he's trying to save it.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-01-2006, 01:32 AM

Whoa hold on one minute, what about the late John Butler he was the one that got us to the superbowl's they we're Polians players he drafted them but JB got us to the big game. From Relentless: The Hard-Hitting History of Buffalo Bills Football.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Whoa hold on one minute, what about the late John Butler he was the one that got us to the superbowl's they we're Polians players he drafted them but JB got us to the big game. From Relentless: The Hard-Hitting History of Buffalo Bills Football.
huh? He lived off Polian's team.

FirstDownBills
01-01-2006, 01:48 AM
TD's fate is already pretty much sealed, IMO...I don't put any more stock onto this report than I do a national Enquirer article
rooting for losses=pathetic;
giving up on the team=more pathetic;
letting the team leave town when Ralph passes on because of the fairweather mentality of so many=most pathetic

Again, where do you get this so called "speculation" that the Bills are leaving town? Paranoia at it's finest.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Again, where do you get this so called "speculation" that the Bills are leaving town? Paranoia at it's finest.
Everybody knows it, Ralph Wilson when he's :dead: his daughters get the team and they've said that they don't want the team, so the BILLS will be sold and probably moved. I still think that Erie County will find a way to keep the BILLS in WNY by building them a new stadium down by the waterfront.

finfan4life07
01-01-2006, 04:58 AM
i actully feel bad for u bills fans rite now ....................... yea a little more................ ummmm well im ova it its all gone now good luck on ur issues but not too much luck

Historian
01-01-2006, 07:18 AM
huh? He lived off Polian's team.

Not quite.

You're forgetting how Marv limped into retirement in 1997 with a 6-10 record. People want to cannonize his memory, but the truth is, that team was in a major decline.

Butler brought in Spielman, Paup, Reuben, and a host of others to compliment our aging stars. He rebuilt the team twice after Polian was let go.

Let's not disrespect that.

DynaPaul
01-01-2006, 08:34 AM
www.profootballtalk.com seems to think so:

11. Donahoe, Mularkey Safe?

The curent thinking in league circles is that Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey will be back for 2006, despite rampant speculation that both will be gone.

The thinking is that 80-something owner Ralph Wilson would rather stick with the guys who are already in the building, since there's no guarantee that he'll find better candidates on the open market. Also, Wilson doesn't have a reputation for handing free money to guys who get bumped off with time left on their deals.

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 08:39 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=88869

DynaPaul
01-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Damn, I just noticed that. I'm slow on the uptake over here.

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Damn, I just noticed that. I'm slow on the uptake over here. No comment :gag:

The Natrix
01-01-2006, 11:37 AM

Same here! :cloud9: