PDA

View Full Version : THIS...is why I call P. Price a ME player...

BillsNYC
01-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Look at the quote Travis Henry gives when he finds out he is going to the Pro Bowl:

"Like everyone else, I'd rather be playing in San Diego this Sunday in the Super Bowl but the Pro Bowl is really an honor and I'm really looking forward to it."

Henry puts the TEAM in front of himself by saying this, he'd rather his TEAM make it to the Super Bowl instead of being singled out in the Pro Bowl.

Price on the other hand said he would like to go to another team so he can get more balls thrown to him and be singled out and receive more attention so he can make the Pro Bowl. He made no comments about playing with a contender and going to a Super Bowl. Price is a ME player, and a MONEY player. He's a great receiver, but screw him...guys like him can only hurt teams.

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Attitude aside, Price is a threat at WR. If we can't get him back, I hope we can get someone as threatening as him.

Valerie
01-22-2003, 09:31 AM
I agree with BF1. I never paid much attention to what Peerless says and does off the field. But, on the field, I think he's a pretty decent player and I don't think the Bills can afford to lose him.

Pride
01-22-2003, 09:34 AM
I disagree, I think Price can be replaced VERY easily.

Any receiver, when matched up 1 on 1 every play, all season long, with a QB withe a gun like Bledsoe would excel just as much, IF NOT MORE, than Price.

He is a product of the system, nothing more.

Put double coverage on him, and he will become nothing more than a faint memory.

TedMock
01-22-2003, 09:39 AM
I agree. I think he's a very good talent but he also had Moulds taking the double teams. I think he's good and I'd like him back but he's replaceable. He's another Torry Holt.

SABURZFAN
01-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I think he's a pretty decent player and I don't think the Bills can afford to lose him.

i'll agree that he's a decent player but i don't think we'll be able to afford to pay what he wants.we have a defense that needs serious attention with the money that we have available.

pmoon6
01-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Teams need a speed guy to stretch the defense. Price is that guy, but i agree, TD will not pay him top dollar.I would like to keep him, but not for the money he will probably want.

BillsNYC
01-22-2003, 09:47 AM
we have a playmaker in moulds, and a possesion receiver in reed...i say draft a speed receiver with decent hands in round 4 or 5...

Valerie
01-22-2003, 10:09 AM
I agree that the Bills can't afford to pay him top dollar. What I meant when I said they can't afford to lose him, is that I think he's an asset to the team. But, if he asks for tons of money, I think they'll have to let him go. I agree with Saburz, the Bills have a lot of other places that need attention and money. I just hope Peerless and the Bills are able to work something out. I think he's really developing into a good player. :)

Voltron
01-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Price is a "good player" but I don't see him making it to "great player" any time soon. I agree, he is too much of a ME player to ever make it to the "Great" level. If he changes his attitude than I could se him moving up a level.

BillsNYC
01-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Price is a "good player" but I don't see him making it to "great player" any time soon. I agree, he is too much of a ME player to ever make it to the "Great" level. If he changes his attitude than I could se him moving up a level.

well..owens is a ME player..and he is or will be GREAT....

WG
01-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Gotta agree w/ NYC, Pride, and Voltron here! Sorry 'bout the kiss-of-death there fellas! :biggrin:

Price's hands aren't nearly what Reed's are. His temperament is detrimental to the team, especially when teams plan on using it as a part of their game strategy!

If he thinks he's every going to get more than 94 catches, I've got some bad news for him. He's been nothing prior to this season on a team w/ a QB that dropped back to throw the football a league-leading 667 times!

On top of that, there were only 7 WRs who caught more balls than Price did this season and w/ Troy Brown being the only possible exception on a team where he was the only outstanding WR on the team and where Brady put up the ball almost as much as Drew did, the other 6 are all better than Price. Harrison, Moulds, Ward, Moss, Owens, and Booker. There are several other better WRs too that simply didn't catch that many balls.

He was in fact a beneficiary of a system that dropped back to pass an average of 41.6 times per game.

Pride
01-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Wys, good point about his "temperament".

What game was that, that the DB's of the opposing team admitted that they were trying to get into Price's head to make him make mistakes.

I don't want a hot head on our team... especially at Wide Receiver.

Voltron
01-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Pride

What game was that, that the DB's of the opposing team admitted that they were trying to get into Price's head to make him make mistakes.

I believe that was every game this season :D

It worked well when we played the raiders I believe.

don137
01-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Pride

I believe in was the KC game. It worked too because Price was called for a costly Personal Foul penalty...

There are a lot of teams that need a #1 receiver (Panthers, Redskins, Falcons, Eagles) so I expect Buffalo will not pay what the other teams are willing to pay for his services since they have Reed and Moulds.

JJamezz
01-22-2003, 12:46 PM
As much as I enjoyed watching PP this season, I'll go out on a limb and say he will not be missed with Reed stepping up as the #2 guy.. This guy can flat out play IMO and was arguably the best receiver in the draft last year - this from a kid who hasn't even been playing the position all that long!

And don't kid yourself that he's just a 'possession' receiver either - anyone who's seen him play in college can attest to that I think.. He may not be a 'burner' or have PP's track speed, but I think he's capable of being more of a deep threat than people give him credit for.

Voltron
01-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

well..owens is a ME player..and he is or will be GREAT....

Owens has so much Raw talent he can do that. Price has to work hard to even come close to the numbers and the clutch plays that TO comes out with. I hate TO too but his Raw talent can blow away even the worst ME problems.

Imagine the player TO could be if he adopted a Jerry Rice Attitude.

TO will have to live with Rice's shadow for the rest of his career. He will never touch Rice's numbers in San Fran

northernbillfan
01-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Price is expendable. We could use his money to beef up the D line.

Reed is more than capable of stepping in where PP is now, and probably even be better than PP in the long run.

Tatonka
01-22-2003, 03:35 PM
reed is going to end up much like Hines Ward IMHO... they have the same game. he can run through people

Typ0
02-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Price has a vice.
He just isn't nice.