PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Positive sees a rosy 2006 for Buffalo sports fans

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 08:49 AM
People complain that I'm too negative, too critical, too quick to judge - and that's just my close friends and family. There's some truth to it. While others see the glass as half full, I'm inclined to question the water bill and the intelligence of the glassmaker. But it's a new year, a time for boundless optimism. I hereby resolve to be more upbeat and positive in 2006, to see the light at the end of the tunnel instead of Tedy Bruschi. For the next 12 months, I see nothing but hope and promise, a year where everything goes right for suffering Buffalo sports fans. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060101/1064911.asp)

Historian
01-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Wilson announces that John Butler's name will be added to the Wall of Fame in 2007.

Apparently there are others who think the guy had skills too...

Bill Brasky
01-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Mike Williams restructures his contract to stay in Buffalo and vows to commit himself to mastering the left guard position. - "fat" chance

The Sabres finish first overall in the NHL with 112 points. For the first time in five years, a major Buffalo sports team makes the playoffs. In a reprise of the Border War, the Sabres beat Toronto in the first round of the playoffs. They go on to win the Stanley Cup in seven games over Dallas, on an overtime goal by Titanic Tim Connolly at HSBC Arena. Ryan Miller is playoff MVP. - :pray: (though I don't think they'd see Dallas if they actually make it)

G. Host
01-01-2006, 09:17 AM
"Mr. Positive" makes our Wys imitiator to be Mr. Smiles and Giggles. If *I* was the Bills GM I'd make him sit with opposition press.