• lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

GW may get contract extension...

Bills owner hints Coach Williams will get extension

By Leo Roth
    Democrat and Chronicle

(January 22, 2003) — The Buffalo Bills are considering a contract extension for head coach Gregg Williams, who has a year remaining on a three-year deal.

“We don’t think he’ll be a lame duck,” owner Ralph Wilson said late Tuesday.

Williams, who has posted 3-13 and 8-8 records, has retooled his staff of assistants to add more experience.

On Tuesday, three vacancies were filled by the signing of Les Steckel (running backs), Don Blackmon (linebackers) and Pat Ruel (offensive line) to what are believed to be two-year deals.

Tim Krumrie (defensive line) was added earlier in the month. Last week, seven assistants were given two-year extensions.

A minimum one-year extension for Williams would, in turn, provide him with the security he needs to exert authority and keep his promising rebuilding project moving forward.

“It’s not out of the question that he would get something,” Wilson said. “This will probably be taken care of down the line.”

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i guess that the ol' senile ba$tard has quickly forgotten 4th and 2 on the PATS 32.

"this will probably be taken care of down the line."

let's hope that it's somewhere towards the end of next season.i'd hate to see an extension at the beginning of the season and then he continues to look like a jack@$$.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

This scares me very much.

But then again, all we can hope is that TD is trying to clear the air before next season, to give GW one last chance.

They may do something to the effect of, if you make the playoffs next year, you keep the extension, if not, you are history.

*fingers crossed*

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

I say just give him the extension and make sure they go into the season with NO distractions. Giving him an extension takes pressure off of him allowing him to do his job with a clear head. If he sucks, fire him. They can still fire him even with an extended contract so what's the harm in getting it out of the way?

Comment

• TypicalBill
          • Sep 2002

i totally agree TedMock
          For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Buffarama
            Football-Sport of the Gods
            • Jul 2002

Maybe they can just rewrite the one year remaining on a longer sheet of paper and tell him it was extended.

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffarama
              Maybe they can just rewrite the one year remaining on a longer sheet of paper and tell him it was extended.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

What's GW's salary? I can't imagine he is in the top percent, so if he was fired at the end of nesxt year it wouldn't cost that much. I think he should get the extention so he isn't preoccupied with anything else except the team.
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
                X