• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Mort: Mularkey likely to return

No big newsflash, but Mort is usually on the money.

I think barring a really ugly loss today, Mularkey returns. I still do not think TD has a chance, contrary to some media speculation lately. We shall see - the next 2 weeks should be pretty exciting.....
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mort: Mularkey likely to return

unfortunately, our front office will stay the same.. no changes at all bro.. there is just no way that TD gets the axe. no way.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Ralph had to come into town to diffuse the Moulds situation..pushing TD off to the side..TD is a PR nightmare and there's no way Ralph hasn't seen that.. TD
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Like I said previously the Dolphins loss was the last straw for TD. Ralph hates losing to Miami. Throw in a terrible season such as losses to the lowly Saints, Jets, etc.
        Worse case scenerio is probably the most realistic and that is TD is fired and Modrak gets promoted. MM will stay in that scenerio. Modrak has done nothing to impress me since he has been here and MM was outcoached in almost every game this year and consistantly made horrendous coaching decisions.
        Best case scenerio is TD is fired and RW hires Jimmy Johnson who cleans house except for Wyche and April.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Modrak built up the Eagles before coming here..so that's not bad
          Helmet Hair will never come here...too far from his boat
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I'm not convinced Modrak was the main reason for the success of Philly...Philly has done great since he left...IMO Modrak may of been a reason for Philly's success but not THE reason for there success...Very earily similar to TD in Pittsburgh. I think TD has been exposed that he was not the reason behind Pittsburgh's success and I am worried the same will happen to Modrak.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

good thought...and a scary one at that

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
                • Feb 2005

If at least Donahoe isnt fired, then Ralph wilson is to blame for this mess of a team.
                Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Mularkey has called some bad plays but I don't believe its enough to get him fired.

It wasn't his fault that TD let Pat Williams walk and forced JP Losman on Mularkey. Plus there were some injuries this year.

With 3 years remaining on MM contract I doubt he will get fired. He'll get atleast 1 more year.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pleasesavedrew
                    If at least Donahoe isnt fired, then Ralph wilson is to blame for this mess of a team.
                    can't argue with that...Ralph had to do TD's job for him a few weeks ago so Ralph would have to be nuts to allow him to stay

Comment

• Hounds
                      • Mar 2004

I think Modrqk will become the GM and move from Florida to Buffalo and Jimmy Johnson will stay in Florida and assist him.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                        I'm not convinced Modrak was the main reason for the success of Philly...Philly has done great since he left...IMO Modrak may of been a reason for Philly's success but not THE reason for there success...Very earily similar to TD in Pittsburgh. I think TD has been exposed that he was not the reason behind Pittsburgh's success and I am worried the same will happen to Modrak.
                        And that's why i want a whole Front Office cleaning. I don't want more of Donahoe/Modrak. The best thing would be a new GM and some new scouts.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz
                          No big newsflash, but Mort is usually on the money.

I think barring a really ugly loss today, Mularkey returns. I still do not think TD has a chance, contrary to some media speculation lately. We shall see - the next 2 weeks should be pretty exciting.....
                          I think Modrak is GM. Brandon handles the other stuff. MM Stays because ralph is too cheap to fire him which would be best for this team.

I see TD fired by Tuesday.

Comment

• basenjiwarrior
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            Ralph had to come into town to diffuse the Moulds situation..pushing TD off to the side..TD is a PR nightmare and there's no way Ralph hasn't seen that.. TD

It's amazing how sure of yourself you are when you are wrong!

Lets see how your [B]"expert"[/B opinion stacks up this time!

Donahoe will be a goner....

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X