PDA

View Full Version : HOLCOMB SUCKS. END OF DEBATE.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 01:03 PM
He had TONS of time on that last throw and it was crap.

Buh-bye.

Put JP in.

Devin
01-01-2006, 01:07 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA a 3rd INT.

Mularkey is a genius.

Whatever those polesmokers got from the Bungals win last week is going to be negated this one.

BAM
01-01-2006, 01:08 PM
We're going to come back. :up:

Novacane
01-01-2006, 01:09 PM
He's a career backup for a reason.

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 01:11 PM
10 years and he still can't get it done! End this awful expiriment now!

Devin
01-01-2006, 01:12 PM
We're going to come back. :up:

Dont get me wrong I dont mind a win, id just rather JP was doing it.

Iehoshua
01-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I still like Holcomb.

...as a backup. However, if Moolarkey can't shake his love for him enough to understand he's a backup, then one of them must go (preferably Moo man).

The_Philster
Dont get me wrong I dont mind a win, id just rather JP was doing it.
ditto

lordofgun
Dont get me wrong I dont mind a win, id just rather JP was doing it. Exactly. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I just can't get excited about a career backup leading us to a meaningless win when I know we'll never be anything but mediocre under his leadership.

BAM
01-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Horrible throw there Holcomb. Oh wait nevermind it was a TOUCHDOWN! Right back in it. :up:

gr8slayer
01-01-2006, 01:30 PM
There is a reason why he has been a back up for the past ten years. Now everyone should know why.

BidsJr
01-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Horrible throw there Holcomb. Oh wait nevermind it was a TOUCHDOWN! Right back in it. :up:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Only a dope would ask for a blind nut hunter.

TigerJ
01-01-2006, 01:38 PM
In Holcomb's defense, the last two interceptions were touched by Bills first. They were admittedly bad throws, but the Buffalo recipients (Shelton and Campbell) could conceivably have made great catches and saved Holcombs butt. I sincerely hope the issues with Losman get resolved and he becomes Buffalo's starter all things considered.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
In Holcomb's defense, the last two interceptions were touched by Bills first. They were admittedly bad throws, but the Buffalo recipients (Shelton and Campbell) could conceivably have made great catches and saved Holcombs butt.

Don't try to reason with the clueless. They just hate Holcomb.

If Houston and Atlanta defenders could catch, JP would of had 7 more INTs this year. And those were passes that werent even tipped by Bills recievers and were right in the defenders hands.

Novacane
01-01-2006, 01:46 PM
In Holcomb's defense, the last two interceptions were touched by Bills first. They were admittedly bad throws, but the Buffalo recipients (Shelton and Campbell) could conceivably have made great catches and saved Holcombs butt. I sincerely hope the issues with Losman get resolved and he becomes Buffalo's starter all things considered.

On the one to Shelton I agree. It was low but he could have had it or at least not thrown it into a Jets players arms.
The one to Campbell was uncatchable. It was high and behind him. He got a hand on it but that was not catchable.

Novacane
01-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Don't try to reason with the clueless. They just hate Holcomb.

Pot Kettle Black. If JP had made those exact same throws you would be putting all the blame on him. Hell, you even *****ed about his TD passes not being good passes

Iehoshua
01-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Pot Kettle Black. If JP had made those exact same throws you would be putting all the blame on him. Hell, you even *****ed about his TD passes not being good passes
:rofl:

Posted exactly what I was thinking. At least those of us who are against Holcomb starting give him props when he does well. Tacklin' would probably hate on JP even if he won MVP.

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:16 PM
are you guys kidding me? he threw one bad pass all day so far. ONE!!!!

lay off the guy. he never had talent in Cleveland. And I dont hate JP.

BAM
01-01-2006, 02:18 PM
How about that Holcomb. :bf1:

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:18 PM
another touchdown. eat it folks.

Novacane
01-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah. He's freakin awesome. He may even be able to get us to 8-8 next year. You guys that are happy with mediocre are :coocoo:

BAM
01-01-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't remember anyone saying he's awesome.

If you could link me to it, I'd appreciate it though. ;)

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 02:32 PM
are you guys kidding me? he threw one bad pass all day so far. ONE!!!!

lay off the guy. he never had talent in Cleveland. And I dont hate JP.
You must not be watching.

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:32 PM
well tell me why (with offseason acquired prtection and an otherwise very talented team arround him) Holcomb cant take us to all the way? Id love to hear how he had all the chances in the world with the talentless Browns.

Id say he has as much upside as JP...just trade youth for experience.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 02:34 PM
well tell me why (with offseason acquired prtection and an otherwise very talented team arround him) Holcomb cant take us to all the way? Id love to hear how he had all the chances in the world with the talentless Browns.

Holcomb is going to take the Bills to the Super Bowl?!?!?!

:laughter: :lmao: :roflmao:

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 02:35 PM
weak arm for one...makes stupid decisions with the ball at times..

obi wan
You must not be watching.

NO I AM watching. The one int was bad a bad throw. The other 2 ints werent dead on but they were very catchable and tipped, hell one was tossed by Sheldon right to the defender.

So where are these other bad throws??????? Because all i am seeing is yet again another fluent offensive game out of Holcomb.

Novacane

:roflmao:

Devin
01-01-2006, 02:36 PM

I second that. :roflmao:

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Holcomb is going to take the Bills to the Super Bowl?!?!?!

:laughter: :lmao: :roflmao:'

ok big man you can laugh or answer the question? what does JP have over Holcomb? Besides youth. Becuase i see a fluent offense with Holcomb and if we had our D in tact and Holcomb starting all year I tell you we are in the playoffs this year.

Novacane
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
NO I AM watching. The one int was bad a bad throw. The other 2 ints werent dead on but they were very catchable and tipped.

If you're gonna defend him at least don't exagerate. Go back and watch the one to Campbell again. To high and behind him. Even the one to Shelton was not "very catchable"

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Cat got your tounges guys? Thought so. I like JP but I think you guys have your noses way up his arse.

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:39 PM
If you're gonna defend him at least don't exagerate. Go back and watch the one to Campbell again. To high and behind him. Even the one to Shelton was not "very catchable"

Whose exagerating? I never said dead on. Both passes hit the players in their HANDS!!!

Novacane
01-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Cat got your tounges guys? Thought so. I like JP but I think you guys have your noses way up his arse.

No farther than yours is up Kellys butt

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 02:40 PM
When faced with a critical 4th and 7 play, what did each do?
Holcomb:throws it short of the 1st down and cost us a chance at the game
Losman: throws it for 9 yards and converts, extending the drive

obi wan
01-01-2006, 02:41 PM
You know what I dont have time to even get into this whole pissing match with you people again. You can have all the qb contros u want. im going to enjoy watching another Bills win.

later

Novacane
Whose exagerating? I never said dead on. Both passes hit the players in their HANDS!!!

You did not watch it then. Campbell jumped as high as he could AND reached behind him and still only got his fingers on the ball. that is not "very catchable" Kellys koolaid drinker

BAM
You know what I dont have time to even get into this whole pissing match with you people again. You can have all the qb contros u want. im going to enjoy watching another Bills win.

later
Well said, my friend. Well said. I'm done with it as well. GO BUFFALO!!! :bf1:

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I think we have the beginnings of a new ostrich club!

Iehoshua
01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Holcomb reminds me of the last Bills starting QB to wear number 10 most recently, AVP. Both are servicable, decent players, give it their all every time. Unfortunately neither have a chance of leading a team in a legitimate Superbowl run.

Novacane
01-01-2006, 03:08 PM

later

That one was not SaviorHolcombs fault either , was it?:rolleyes: So much for the Bills win lead by the 10year journeyman

Novacane
01-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Holcomb reminds me of the last Bills starting QB to wear number 10 most recently, AVP. Both are servicable, decent players, give it their all every time. Unfortunately neither have a chance of leading a team in a legitimate Superbowl run.

He won't even lead the Bills to a Wildcard. Super Bowl?:lmao:

The Natrix
01-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Holcomb doesn't suck. He's a damn good backup.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah. He's freakin awesome. He may even be able to get us to 8-8 next year. You guys that are happy with mediocre are :coocoo:

8-8 is better then what JP did as starter (1-7).

No one has said Holcomb is awesome. The debate is that he is better then JP. And that's a fact.

This fan knows it, the coach knows it, and the players know it.

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Holcomb doesn't suck. He's a damn good backup.
And that's exactly where he should stay...as a backup on the bench.

The Natrix
01-01-2006, 03:37 PM
No one has said Holcomb is awesome. The debate is that he is better then JP. And that's a fact.

Yes, he has played better than JP, but this game did nothing to help JP improve. JP should have been playing. Period.

This fan knows it, the coaches are idiots, and those players you speak of (not the whole team) don't care about the future of the Buffalo Bills, unlike most of the fans.

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Criticize Holcomb, as he played badly.

But how come nobody ever critcizes Losman on this board?

Hell, his game against the Patriots was pitiful, and it seemed the only solution to that was because he didn't have enough time in the pocket.

Had Holcomb played that badly, he'd be run out of town.

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 03:39 PM

I guess you prefer JP's 1-7 record?

The Natrix
01-01-2006, 03:41 PM

Hell, his game against the Patriots was pitiful, and it seemed the only solution to that was because he didn't have enough time in the pocket.

HOLCOMB HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR A DECADE. JP is a freakin kid and needs on the job training! I am so pissed now right now. I'm going grocery shopping. **** this.

pleasesavedrew
He had TONS of time on that last throw and it was crap.

Buh-bye.

Put JP in.

Three of the four INT's were tipped, he played a decent game, not his best, but bottom line is that he's the best chance to win games, he at least deserves a chance in camp next year. And most of all, the players want him in.

TacklingDummy

Because JP is a rookie (False: 2nd year player)

Because the o-line sucks. ( Half false: It's just a scape-goat for a Losman excuse. Holcomb has played fine with it)

FirstDownBills
Well, so much for that Bills win. Holcomb is a BACKUP, he's NOT the next Tom Brady! 4 INT's and less than 200 yards passing? Pathetic! Give me a REAL QB.

X-Era
01-01-2006, 03:42 PM

Whether he is better than JP or not is trivial NEITHER is good enough right now to even make us a .500 team, nevermind the playoffs. THAT my friend is a fact.

But then JP has upside and can get ALOT better, Holcomb....well is headed south faster than a Canadian honker in January!

And THAT ends the debate.

As I said day one of the season.

If all else is equal, you start JP! It still stands.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I guess you prefer JP's 1-7 record?

Hey scott, please shut up now. JP is 2-7 and holcomb 3-4. That is the REALITY of the situation. JP won the KC Game and everyone knows it.

I said this before and will say it again, Holcomb is a BACKUP. Play him more than 3 games and teams will beat him. BTW....holcomb is now 1-2 in his last 3 starts.

KH is a 10-11 year vet, JP a 2nd year player and not even a full year starter. KH is making 1st year QB mistakes. 4 Int's today. He is 100% directly responsible for this loss.

Go away and spew your crap on the other boards. You have no arguement any longer and your JP hate is now spam.

X-Era
01-01-2006, 03:43 PM

Because the o-line sucks. ( Half false: It's just a scape-goat for a Losman excuse. Holcomb has played fine with it)

Holcomb has played fine with it? Didnt you watch the game where he was sacked galore and eventually knocked out with a concussion?

Must have been snoozing through that one.

The Natrix
01-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Three of the four INT's were tipped, he played a decent game, not his best, but bottom line is that he's the best chance to win games, he at least deserves a chance in camp next year. And most of all, the players want him in.

Please stop saying the players want him. Some of the players is more accurate. Find me qoutes by every player on the roster saying they want Holcomb.

TacklingDummy
On a side note. Let's use a Johnsonites excuse.

Remember how the Johnsonites blamed the Special teams for the loss in the Music City Miracle game?

Well, KH had the Bills in position to win and the special teams lost the game for the Bills allowing that kick return TD.

X-Era
Hey scott, please shut up now. JP is 2-7 and holcomb 3-4. That is the REALITY of the situation. JP won the KC Game and everyone knows it.

I said this before and will say it again, Holcomb is a BACKUP. Play him more than 3 games and teams will beat him. BTW....holcomb is now 1-2 in his last 3 starts.

KH is a 10-11 year vet, JP a 2nd year player and not even a full year starter. KH is making 1st year QB mistakes. 4 Int's today. He is 100% directly responsible for this loss.

Go away and spew your crap on the other boards. You have no arguement any longer and your JP hate is now spam.

A few more stats for you. Not ONE game with over 2 TD's, most games 1 TD and 1 int. ONE game with over 300 yards. And 3 games with plenty of yards and trips to the red zone with NO TD's in the 1st half.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 03:45 PM

Sure, why keep a veteran who plays that badly and has no upside?

But JP's not a veteran. It takes the worst kind of ignorance to hold a first-year QB to veteran standards. It takes only the most basic knowledge to remember that QBs take time to develop.

It's simply ridiculous to compare the two as if they're on equal ground, as if one doesn't have more upside than the other.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2006, 03:47 PM

More lie's by the Losmanites.

The Bills are 4-4 when KH starts and 1-7 when JP starts. And that's a FACT.

I take it you didn't watch the game today when CBS showed the Bills record when both QBs start.

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
WOA.

Sure hes a kid.

Does that mean chuck every ****ing mistake he makes, and just say "well, hes young, it happens".

JP was downright awful in his last start, and everyone chucked it out the window, using the excuse over and over.

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 03:56 PM

Yup.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2006, 03:57 PM
A few more stats for you. Not ONE game with over 2 TD's, most games 1 TD and 1 int. ONE game with over 300 yards. And 3 games with plenty of yards and trips to the red zone with NO TD's in the 1st half.

A few stats for you.

No games under 100 yards passing. (2 75 yards a game from your hero)

No games over 225 yards passing for your hero.

Your moblie hero sacked 26 times compared to cement feets 15.

8 total TDs in the 9 games from your hero, to 16 total TD's in the 7 games from that journeyman.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 03:58 PM
WOA.

Sure hes a kid.

Does that mean chuck every ****ing mistake he makes, and just say "well, hes young, it happens".

JP was downright awful in his last start, and everyone chucked it out the window, using the excuse over and over.

On the other extreme, does it mean he'll forever suck and we should never give him a chance to learn by experience?

It's pretty common for a first-year QB to suck. It's normal. And it's necessary.

How can anyone possibly expect a first-year QB to play well? It happens rarely. So how can we react the same way we would if it were a veteran playing like that? That's extremely ignorant and shortsighted.

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 03:58 PM
A few stats for you.
8 total TDs in the 9 games from your hero, to 16 total TD's in the 7 games from that journeyman.

Interesting statistics on the sacks.

Losman was on the verge of getting our entire offensive line fired.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 04:00 PM
To compare them on equal standards is idiotic. ******ed. Absolutely moronic.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 04:01 PM
A few stats for you.

10 year vet 3-4

first year starter 2-7.

You have to go with JP. Holcombites need to stut up now. Your boy killed any debate with that crap performance today. 1-2 in last 3 starts

Philagape
01-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I'll take an young unknown over known mediocrity any day.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 04:03 PM
When the rest of the team sucks, the present tense is irrelevant. Only the future matters. Holcomb does not have one. Let's see if JP does.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 04:03 PM

Amen! now hit me with some positive rep vibes :funny:

Devin
01-01-2006, 04:04 PM

:bf1:

JP will be here for awhile. Deal with it.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't even be a debate if that future QB could have put up Holcomb like numbers. Only reason there is a QB controversey is because Losman has sucked for the most part.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2006, 04:05 PM

And so will Holcomb. As the starter. Deal with it.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 04:06 PM

Not on this team. Holcomb is done after today.

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 04:08 PM

I have no problem with JP being here for a while.

If he can play.

So far hes shown his lack of seeing the field, bad mechanics, not very good accuracy, strong arm, and mobility.

Novacane
01-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I think it's pretty obvious some of the vets were not trying as hard when JP was in there (Moulds and Villerial) to name a couple

Devin
01-01-2006, 04:11 PM

If he can play.

So far hes shown his lack of seeing the field, bad mechanics, not very good accuracy, strong arm, and mobility.

Playing 9 games will do that to you, hes shown improvment and I have faith he will continue to do so.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 04:12 PM
If he can play.

Pretty typical for his level of experience.

He's got the physical tools, now it's just a matter of improving mentally through experience.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I think it's pretty obvious some of the vets were not trying as hard when JP was in there (Moulds and Villerial) to name a couple

Isn't that the truth. It's amazing how Coughlin was the most hated coach last year, especially playing Eli down the stretch. I saw he got a nice hug from Strahan after their win last night. Unlike MM, Coughlin didn't give a **** and now he's in the playoffs with his QB of the future. I'm sure his players don't hate him now.

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Isn't that the truth. It's amazing how Coughlin was the most hated coach last year, especially playing Eli down the stretch. I saw he got a nice hug from Strahan after their win last night. Unlike MM, Coughlin didn't give a **** and now he's in the playoffs with his QB of the future. I'm sure his players don't hate him now.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 04:22 PM
HOLCOMB HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR A DECADE. JP is a freakin kid and needs on the job training! I am so pissed now right now. I'm going grocery shopping. **** this.
Excellent Post! :bf1:

That's the huge difference. Losman is expected to suck in his first year. Holcomb is a veteran and making ****ing rookie mistakes. :mad:

ScottLawrence
01-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Pretty typical for his level of experience.
He's got the physical tools, now it's just a matter of improving mentally through experience.

Brooks Bollinger has the physical tools, does that mean hes going to be a franchise quarterback?

His physical tools are arm strength, and mobility, outside of that, what does he have?

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 04:25 PM
JP has shown he can learn from his mistakes and the mistakes of others...4th and 7 ring a bell?

Billsrock4life
01-01-2006, 04:27 PM
yeah holcomb didnt do 2 well 2day the last pass 2 reed at the end of the game woulda been good if he put sum zip on it then it prolly wouldnt of been intercepted

Michael82
01-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Then they should be cut for that **** or at least fined. :mad:

Philagape
01-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Brooks Bollinger has the physical tools, does that mean hes going to be a franchise quarterback?
His physical tools are arm strength, and mobility, outside of that, what does he have?

Inexperience. There's only one way to remedy that.

And if Brooks had only Kelly Holcomb in front of him, by all means, give him a shot.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 04:30 PM
yeah holcomb didnt do 2 well 2day the last pass 2 reed at the end of the game woulda been good if he put sum zip on it then it prolly wouldnt of been intercepted

The only thing Kelly Holcomb ever zips is his fly.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Excellent Post!!! :bf1:

Coughlin got it! Mularkey never will. :mad:

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Holcomb: 23/37,184 YDs, 2 TDs, 4INTs against the 26th ranked passing defense and a 4-12 overall record.

This isn't about JP.

This isn't about TD.

This isn't about MM.

This is about Holcomb not being a capable starter in this league and being a backup for 10 years, regardless of the team, coach or personnel.

He should not be starting if this team is going to get any better.

End of debate.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 04:35 PM

:posrep:

Nighthawk
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Holcomb: 23/37,184 YDs, 2 TDs, 4INTs against the 26th ranked passing defense and a 4-12 overall record.

This isn't about JP.

This isn't about TD.

This isn't about MM.

This is about Holcomb not being a capable starter in this league and being a backup for 10 years, regardless of the team, coach or personnel.

He should not be starting if this team is going to get any better.

End of debate.

As usual, you and I are on the same page with everything. What a waste of a season this has been. Ralph, if you want a winner...buck up and spend the money to get some proven winners in hear! Don't think that by getting rid of TD that you have solved all of our problems because it will be the same thing next year if Modrak is the new GM and MM is still the HC. Don't be stupid Ralph! Wake up and go for the Gold for once in your life!

X-Era
01-01-2006, 06:02 PM
A few stats for you.

Again you didnt read my post from before. I said NEITHER is good enough right now. JP may develop into good enough but Holcomb never will.

Face the facts, he isnt the now, wasnt anyones past, and he is a never will be.

Its over, his chances to lead anyone to anything are over. Put him on the sidelines permanently, get him out of our heads and then figure out whether you go forwad with Losman or someone else. This is seriously ridiculous. Stop drinking sand, I know your thirsty but its a mirage. Expect more, NO demand more.

JP isnt my hero, he only represents hope at this point. Bring in a bonafide QB and Im happy, but this perpetual parade of not-good-enoughs is killing me.

Im taking a stand and not going to be satisfied with mediocrity anymore.

X-Era
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Bollinger looked much better than Holcomb today, should we trade Holcomb for Bollinger and then start Brooks?

You know better, get of your soapbox and talk real.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I will sum up JP real quick, he has no issues that EXPERIENCE won't fix. Nuff said.

Holcomb? He isn't ever going get better than he was today. He has a LOSING Career record as a starter. He isn't the answer.

MM And TD made the decision to get rid of a BETTER Starter in Bledsoe to dedicate this season to developing Losman. MM was too weak of a HC to tell his whiny, self centered vets to STFU and get with the program.

So what he did was, sh@! can a better veteran than holcomb to let JP Develop, only to pull JP to put in a worse Veteran than Bledsoe!!!

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Again you didnt read my post from before.

Trolls don't read. They just post stuff to piss you off. There's a reason he has a 4 digit negative rep. Just /ignore

kinigirly
01-01-2006, 08:27 PM

you know everytime i read your posts the same damn song comes in my head from chappelle's show...
"haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love. i don't even want none of the above. i want to piss on you...drip drip drip i'll pee on you..."

not that i condone that but i just felt i should share that with you, because obviously something is wrong if that is the theme song my brain has given you

Ebenezer
01-01-2006, 08:31 PM
On the one to Shelton I agree. It was low but he could have had it or at least not thrown it into a Jets players arms.
The one to Campbell was uncatchable. It was high and behind him. He got a hand on it but that was not catchable.
I swore he throw it right to a Jet.

BadgerVid
01-01-2006, 08:34 PM
'

what does JP have over Holcomb? Besides youth.

An arm maybe?....it helps a lot for a QB....

DaBills
01-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Holcomb is no worse or better than Drew. Are we surprised? What did anyone expect. He's a two-steps backward, two steps forward QB. He throws some good passes and a few TD's, AND INTs returned for TD's and INC's.

But people only see the TDs he throws and thinks he's capable of running the O with no problem.

I don't even want this guy around for competition in camp unless it's to challenge for the starting position for extra point holder.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I swore he throw it right to a Jet.

You know, I was kinda thinking the same thing...almost as if he did it on purpose to throw the game.

Nah. Can't be.

:snicker:

Spiderweb
01-02-2006, 01:01 AM

It's not being clueless, each of the picks on Holcomb were garbage throws. If the ball was where it should be, within reason, great catches would not have been necessary. Holcomb got what he deserved today. He was made to pay for his mistakes and it cost us a game. So I guess we all paid for his mistakes.

Bottom, line, noodle arm (is his weak arm even debatable?) Holcomb simply isn't the "guy".

Kerr
01-02-2006, 01:15 AM
I thought holcomb would be able to lead this team before the chiefs game, but I was wrong. The guy is too inconsistent for a veteran.

Ingtar33
01-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm not on either side of the debate.

1) I think AVP was a better starting QB then Kelly Holcomb.. borderline better. I'd like you all to sit back and think about this for a moment, because this is what some of you are 'championing'. Mediocrity.

2) JPL played about as bad as you expect a 2nd year player with more then 10 games under his belt. Ben Roethlisburger is the exception, not the rule. When you're talking 1st round QBs, you figure roughly 50% will be flat out busts in an average year. Is JPL a bust? I don't think we've seen anywhere enough of him to decide that. Give him a full season at starter, his 3rd year should be the breakout year anyway. In Short... he sucked like i thought he would.

~and yes... i know that means we might suck next year. I would rather suck next year and learn if we will need to address QB next draft (with guys like Brady Quinn and Vince Young floating around in the draft), then sit him and play him like this year and have no clue what he's worth and waste another year in mediocrity.

THAT is how we hurt ourselves by playing Kelly Holcomb this season. We figured it was more important to shoot for a mediocre 8-8 finish, and not learn about our young QB (or give him an honest chance to grow), then it was to aim for the future.

To quote Benjamin Franklin,
We were penny wise and pound foolish.

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm not on either side of the debate.

1) I think AVP was a better starting QB then Kelly Holcomb.. borderline better. I'd like you all to sit back and think about this for a moment, because this is what some of you are 'championing'. Mediocrity.

2) JPL played about as bad as you expect a 2nd year player with more then 10 games under his belt. Ben Roethlisburger is the exception, not the rule. When you're talking 1st round QBs, you figure roughly 50% will be flat out busts in an average year. Is JPL a bust? I don't think we've seen anywhere enough of him to decide that. Give him a full season at starter, his 3rd year should be the breakout year anyway. In Short... he sucked like i thought he would.

~and yes... i know that means we might suck next year. I would rather suck next year and learn if we will need to address QB next draft (with guys like Brady Quinn and Vince Young floating around in the draft), then sit him and play him like this year and have no clue what he's worth and waste another year in mediocrity.

THAT is how we hurt ourselves by playing Kelly Holcomb this season. We figured it was more important to shoot for a mediocre 8-8 finish, and not learn about our young QB (or give him an honest chance to grow), then it was to aim for the future.

To quote Benjamin Franklin,
We were penny wise and pound foolish.
and thats why Mike Mularkey needs to go. He bungled the QB position worse than Wade Phillips ever did and really ****ed up the year that was supposed to tell us something about JP Losman.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:03 PM
'

ok big man you can laugh or answer the question? what does JP have over Holcomb? Besides youth. Becuase i see a fluent offense with Holcomb and if we had our D in tact and Holcomb starting all year I tell you we are in the playoffs this year.

I gotta agree with you. Them 8 INT's and 13 fumbles were pretty impressive in only 8 games this year.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Just say that to yourself over and over again. 13 fumbles in 8 games. Are you kidding me?

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
In 230 pass attempts he had 8 interceptions and 13 fumbles. That means every 11 pass attempts he either threw and interception or fumbled the football.

Had Holcomb played the entire season he would've been the league MVP. I hope he retires as a Bills when he's inducted into the HOF.

Devin
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
In 230 pass attempts he had 8 interceptions and 13 fumbles. That means every 11 pass attempts he either threw and interception or fumbled the football.

Had Holcomb played the entire season he would've been the league MVP. I hope he retires as a Bills when he's inducted into the HOF.

I seriously hope this post was meant as a joke.

dolphinssuck
01-05-2006, 02:01 AM
:coocoo:

Had Holcomb played the entire season he would've been the league MVP. I hope he retires as a Bills when he's inducted into the HOF.:coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: cant post it enough.

The_Philster
01-05-2006, 04:56 AM
I seriously hope this post was meant as a joke.
Knowing Feve, I'd bet on it

Michael82
06-10-2006, 01:38 PM
This thread is one of my favorites. :rofl:

Mr. Cynical
06-10-2006, 02:31 PM
When faced with a critical 4th and 7 play, what did each do?
Holcomb:throws it short of the 1st down and cost us a chance at the game
Losman: throws it for 9 yards and converts, extending the drive

And that's exactly where he should stay...as a backup on the bench.

Whether he is better than JP or not is trivial NEITHER is good enough right now to even make us a .500 team, nevermind the playoffs. THAT my friend is a fact.

But then JP has upside and can get ALOT better, Holcomb....well is headed south faster than a Canadian honker in January!

And THAT ends the debate.

As I said day one of the season.

If all else is equal, you start JP! It still stands.

To compare them on equal standards is idiotic. ******ed. Absolutely moronic.

Agreed Mikey...some good stuff in here. :up: