PDA

View Full Version : Why I feel Modrak will be ok as GM.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Hear me out.

I feel Tom Modrak said no to being GM the last couple years for two reasons.

1) didn't want TD over his head. He knew TD would have final say, over rule him on some decisions and it looks bad on the GM, Modrak.

2) He has sat back and watched TD Screw this up. As I said before, I have heard that Modrak was in FACT over ruled on his opinions in the war room and in Free agency several times. So I feel he has been biding his time till this impending Firing of TD happened.

Why do I feel Modrak will do ok. I think Russ Brandon handles all the non football crap. Tickets, marketing etc. Modrak will handle football ops only. allowing him to focus on putting a WINNING team on the field.

Winning team? Yeah. Tom Modrak took over a 3-13 Eagles. He resisted the FANS temptation of taking Rickey pothead williams and took McNabb. (Gee how did that work out? :-) The eagles went 5-11 his first full year. Year 2? 11-5. They also won their first playoffgame to make it to the 2nd round. Year 3? NFC Championships.

It was that offseason Jeffery Lurie forgot to take his prozac and stupidly fired Modrak.

TM has shown he can field a really good Offensive and Defensive line. He is good at later round talent as well. He has shown he can turn a franchise completely around in 2 years.

Now here is the kicker, I say he can turn us around in ONE year. Why? He knows this team. He knows who needs to stay and who needs to go. He knows it's strength and weaknesses. That is a great advantage to a guy taking over.

I think with TD out of the way, Modrak can do a good job for us. But time will tell.

ArcticWildMan
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Turning this team around in one year is damn near impossible. TD neglected the O-line too long and now we have to basically build it from scratch as well as address the D-line that is basically non-existant with the impending departure of Sam Adams.

2 years if we are lucky and can get a few solid FA's to come play for us.

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Only thing I think could keep Modrak from being a good GM is the fact that Philly continued to do well in his absence..same way Pittsburgh has been doing well since TD left...because it was more Cowher than TD...and I wonder if it was more Reid than Modrak in Philly

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Only thing I think could keep Modrak from being a good GM is the fact that Philly continued to do well in his absence..same way Pittsburgh has been doing well since TD left...because it was more Cowher than TD...and I wonder if it was more Reid than Modrak in Philly

Modrak basically built that team. They have been fortunate to maintain with the talent they have and YES Reid is a GREAT HC. It makes it easy to get FA's when you are in the NFC Championship and have a great Coach.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Turning this team around in one year is damn near impossible. TD neglected the O-line too long and now we have to basically build it from scratch as well as address the D-line that is basically non-existant with the impending departure of Sam Adams.

2 years if we are lucky and can get a few solid FA's to come play for us.

I dunno AWM. I think we sign two FA OL Men, draft 2 more (1 starter, one backup) and Sign a FA DT And draft one, Fill in the gaps (Moulds at WR Replacement) Via Free agency, I think we can do pretty damn well next year with the schedule we have.

Keep in mind brother, we saw the Panthers go from 1-15 to 11-5 and a Superbowl in a year. Tampa went from 5-11 to 11-5 in one year as well (This year in fact).

I think it can be done. Even if it takes 2, if we are making progress I think we can all live with that.

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
TD could be basically said as building the Steelers on the 90s as well, though....I'm not saying Modrak wasn't a key factor...just questioning it because of the similarities

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 05:28 PM
TD could be basically said as building the Steelers on the 90s as well, though....I'm not saying Modrak wasn't a key factor...just questioning it because of the similarities

And after all we have been through we should be leary. But from a realistic standpoint I see this being what goes down. I just hope I am right about Modrak.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I hope you are right, man! That would make me feel soo much better about this team. I would love to be one of those one-year crap teams and then the next year, playoff team. :up:

BTW, are you the original "ICE" from Two Bills Drive? Or a different poster?

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Keep in mind brother, we saw the Panthers go from 1-15 to 11-5 and a Superbowl in a year. Tampa went from 5-11 to 11-5 in one year as well (This year in fact).

I hear ya, but remember....Carolina has Fox and Tampa has Gruden.

We have :cow:

So IMO there won't be any major turnaround until we have a legit coach as well as a legit GM.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 05:50 PM
I hope you are right, man! That would make me feel soo much better about this team. I would love to be one of those one-year crap teams and then the next year, playoff team. :up:

Yep I am him. Some here can verify.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Yep I am him. Some here can verify.
Cool. Welcome man. If you didn't already know, I am Mike32282 on TBD. Nice to see ya here. Keep up the good posts. I love that you rile posters. We need a guy like that. :evil:

Just make sure you don't break the TOS when you do it. :up:

Oh and BTW, Go Sooners! :snicker:

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Cool. Welcome man. If you didn't already know, I am Mike32282 on TBD. Nice to see ya here. Keep up the good posts. I love that you rile posters. We need a guy like that. :evil:

Just make sure you don't break the TOS when you do it. :up:

Oh and BTW, Go Sooners! :snicker:

LOL thanks. The difference here and on TSW is BZ Doesn't allow the Mods to attack you then ban you when you fire back!

And keep an eye on OU Next year. After starting 22 freshman though out the season, I think we are going to do well next year.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
LOL thanks. The difference here and on TSW is BZ Doesn't allow the Mods to attack you then ban you when you fire back!

And keep an eye on OU Next year. After starting 22 freshman though out the season, I think we are going to do well next year.
You dumbass! :banned:

:jk: :calm:

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 06:18 PM
You dumbass! :banned:

:jk: :calm:

:lmao:

FirstDownBills
01-01-2006, 06:19 PM

I would love that too.