10Detroit5110.313.506
    11St. Louis5100.333.474
    12Cleveland6100.375.510
    13Baltimore6100.375.526
    14Philadelphia690.400.523
    15Atlanta880.500.494
    16Minnesota870.533.471
    17Miami970.563.459

Now, I see Houston beating SF, but that drops Houston to 2 and SF to three with NO having the 1st pick. At that spot it just may end up that NO takes Leinhart NOT Bush considering they have Duece and Brooks is gone. Then Houston would get Bush and SF can take D'Brick.

Anyways, we end up at 8? thats HUGE. I thought we would be at 11. A few things happened that helped, GB won and went to 4 and 12, Cleveland won and went to 5 and 11 behind us due to SOS, that moved us up one spot. Tenn is getting pounded but it makes no difference because they have a weaker SOS and would pick before us whether they are 5 and 11 or 4 and 12.

Now we most likely end p at 9. StL is 5 and 10 and are playing Dal. Wouldnt it be sweet for them to beat Dal and keep Bleedslow out of the playoffs! It also would mean a 6 and 10 recodr putting them behind us. If STL loses we drop below them due to SOS and a equal 5 and 11 record.

So thats it, if you care about being 8 instead of 9 root for STL. If you want Drew out of the playoffs root for STL.

We got our X-mas present a top 10 pick and the Jets have no shot at Bush or Leinhart without a trade!!!!

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Our FINAL draft position

Wow! That's much higher than I thought we would be. I didn't realize how many things fell into place today.

I hope the new GM gets a stud DT or trades down.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Wow! That's much higher than I thought we would be. I didn't realize how many things fell into place today.

The stud DT really concerns me as I said in a previous post. I dont see anyone worthy of a 8-9 pick, honestly. Ngata was double teamed all game in the owl game but didnt do anything at all either. Furthermore, on plays where the ball carrier was strung wide and he could of ran and tried to make a play, he simply jogged and let someone else do it. I was real high on him but 8-9 is just to high for him right now. Now Wright hasnt impressed me either, I hope for a big bowl game agianst USC, but Im not sure we will see it. My favorite is Claude Wroten and I think he is the best DT prospect right now, just my opinion. But he isnt even worthy of a 8-9 pick. If we are stuck on DT, I say we trade down to 15-20 and get another day one pick. Theres plenty of OT's and/or DT's in later rounds. I like us getting a CB/S type in day one as well.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82

The best we could of did is 5th if we lost to cinci, we ended up at 8th. We also have Tennesee's 3rd rounder (68th pick), not bad at all!!

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
          The best we could of did is 5th if we lost to cinci, we ended up at 8th. We also have Tennesee's 3rd rounder (68th pick), not bad at all!!
          The 8th in round 2 is a GREAT spot for a OT. Trueblood, and one of McNeil, Justice, Whitworth, Joseph may be there. My favorite is Whitworth but he is probably LONG gone after a strong showing against Miami.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

St. Louis will probably lose to Dallas which will put them at #8, so we'd end up at 9. What surprised me is the logjam at SOS among us, Arizona and Detroit. Talk about close....

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

DO NOT TRADE OUT OF THE 8th SPOT! It is a perfect position. Take a LT with that spot and a DT in the 2nd with the 8th pick.

it is nice to get two top 8 picks in the 3rd.

Look I may be stupid, but I love the draft. It is nice to not only have a first round pick again, but one that matters. Time to cut the crap and take some REAL Talent with those 4 picks!

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                DO NOT TRADE OUT OF THE 8th SPOT! It is a perfect position. Take a LT with that spot and a DT in the 2nd with the 8th pick.

it is nice to get two top 8 picks in the 3rd.

Look I may be stupid, but I love the draft. It is nice to not only have a first round pick again, but one that matters. Time to cut the crap and take some REAL Talent with those 4 picks!
                But who? Before the LSU game I would have said Winston, but he looked unimpressive and Whitworth looked better. But Whitworth isnt worthy of a top 10 pick. DF'Brick is long gone.

Im not sure I see a sure fire top 10 player besides D'Brick at EITHER OT or DT.

If Clements is gone, why not get a lock down CB/S like Mike Huff and use FA plus later rounds to get DT and OT OG/C?

Comment

• Fairway
                  • Jul 2002

at Jets fans. What a terrible win today was for them

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                    But who? Before the LSU game I would have said Winston, but he looked unimpressive and Whitworth looked better. But Whitworth isnt worthy of a top 10 pick. DF'Brick is long gone.

Im not sure I see a sure fire top 10 player besides D'Brick at EITHER OT or DT.

If Clements is gone, why not get a lock down CB/S like Mike Huff and use FA plus later rounds to get DT and OT OG/C?
                    Who says so and so isn't worth a top 10 pick? Unless it is a top 5 then the money drops signifigantly. Stay with the 8th pick! Don't trade down anymore, stay there and find someone that is worth the spot.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

If Moulds is cut I could see us taking a WR. By the time the WR we pick is good Evans contract will be up and he can replace Evans.

Personally I'd like to see a DT/DE with the pick. We don't need a O-line because Holcomb has shown he can play with the one we got. If we need to we can pick up o-line in FA.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Well Dallas is now eliminated from the playoffs, so maybe they won't play as hard tonight!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
                          Yeah, but I bet it was great during the game.

True Jets fans are ecstatic about the win!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
                            Agreed, and it appears that neither team in San Fransisco want to win either. It's all tied up 17-17.

I wonder what happens to the draft is they end up tied after OT?

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                              Well Dallas is now eliminated from the playoffs, so maybe they won't play as hard tonight!
                              Drew Bledsoe and the Dallas Cowboys

Comment

Working...
                              X