• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

We need defensive stars

Currently we don't have anyone we can call a star or force on defense. We have several players that could be, or are close to being, and some good role players, but we need atleast two name players, say a Lineman and LB (aka Smith, Bennet). The Bills should concentrate soley on defense this year, resign the corners if needed, get rid of the dead wood and get two top notch defensive talents.
    Spikes would be a great pickup, and a lineman, but we also need depth in case someone goes down.
    I still think we need to retool out defensive strategy, but it doesn't appear that will happen.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Big pat, and Fletch are both superstars....in my eyes anyways.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Coy Wire will only improve - he came on strong towards the end of last year. Robinson needs to go along with Billy Jenkins, Chris Watson, and Jay Riemersma - who will not be missed thanks to Dave Moore. Jay Riemersma getting cut saves us 3.5 million in cap space - of which we're already 13 million under the cap thanks to the NFL Sunday Ticket revenue created by DirectTV. We should have at least another 16.5 million dollars over the 75 million dollar cap to spend on Defensive help, and we can bring in a player or two for the offense just to experiment. - that gives us a cap space of like 91.5 million if we cut Jay Riemersma - I say we only use about half of our over cap space this year - and stay out of cap hell. All of the people we sign should all get base salary, with a decent signing bonus, and then the rest of their contract should be performance based.

P. Price needs to be resigned - I don't care what anybody says - Wide Recievers take a while to develop - look at Moulds, and Price (who just came into his own last year) and Josh Reed needs to get more playing time to speed his development.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i hope we get them in the offseason.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

I would sign Price with Jays money plus what he makes already and another million would probably equal a free agents contract. Then the rest of the 14 million or so can go to defense.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to keep the strengths of this team, and cut away the dead weight to add more strengths.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Voltron
              • Jul 2002

Well it won't be spikes he is getting tagged for sure!
              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X