PDA

View Full Version : My Ideal Offseason/Draft

Mahdi
01-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Starting with Free Agency...

Nate Clemens: Let him go....Coles killed him today and he;s been owned all season. Franchise tag him and pick up another low first or high second round pick.

Mike Williams: Let him go,,,we need the cap space

DT: Ma'ake Kemoeatu: he shouldnt be too expensive and paired with Adams should stuff the run.

OG/C: LeCharles Bentley or Hutchinson. Period.

I think we will be fine with our current situation at OT. Maybe switch Peters and Gandy.

CB: Will Allen from the Giants: We dont need great corners a great pass rush is more important, and can make average corners look great.

Draft: With the 8th or 9th pick overall you dont just take a player who isnt worth the pick because you need him. And in this draft our needs lie at the end of the first and into the second anyway. SO, with our pick we should go with Mario Williams DE, NC State. This kid looks unstoppable. With him and Schobel on the other side McGee and Will Allen will do just fine.

2nd pick: With our other late first round pick or early second: We take the best OG available

3rd pick: Which would be our second rounder; depending on who is available we take either the the best OT, OG or DT. And there should be a few left.

So this is what it would look like:

Gandy-Rookie-Bentley-Villa/rookie-Peters OR Gandy-Hutch-Rookie-Villa/rookie-JP

Mario Williams--Adams--Kemoeatu--Schobel

What do you guys think?

hydro014
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
i love mario williams, the kid is unreal. i like it. although if TD is here we will most likely develop what we have on the OL and draft a WR at the 8/9th pick.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 08:04 PM
TD is as good as gone - Ralph pretty much said it already without saying it...

HALELUJAH

gr8slayer
01-01-2006, 08:06 PM
TD is as good as gone - Ralph pretty much said it already without saying it...
HALELUJAH
Ill believe it when I see it.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 08:10 PM
so 'structural changes' won't include TD losing his job?

TigerJ
01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
There's a very good chance Mario Williams will be gone by the time Buffalo picks. I just did a survey of 11 recent mocks. He's gone by pick 7 in 7 of those mocks. A lot will depend on his measurables at the combine/college pro day.

hydro014
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
i know but it would be great. We have to hope that STL wins tonight, vince young comes out and goes b/f our pick, and we would still have to get lucky.

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM
If we franchise Clements, we will be stuck with him. No one is going to pay that much $$$ plus draft picks for him. Offer him a reasonable contract and let him go if the price is too high.

I like the Will Allen and LeCharles Bentley acquisitions.

Add to that...

Rd 1. Haloti Ngata DT
Rd 2. Davin Joseph G
Rd 3. Greg Blue SS
Rd 3. Hank Baskett WR

Our DT's: Adams, Ngata, Edwards, Anderson

OL: Peters-Joseph-Bentley-Villarreal-Gandy

jpdex12
01-01-2006, 09:52 PM
If we franchise Clements, we will be stuck with him. No one is going to pay that much $$$ plus draft picks for him. Offer him a reasonable contract and let him go if the price is too high.

I like the Will Allen and LeCharles Bentley acquisitions.

Add to that...

Rd 1. Haloti Ngata DT
Rd 2. Davin Joseph G
Rd 3. Greg Blue SS
Rd 3. Hank Baskett WR

Our DT's: Adams, Ngata, Edwards, Anderson

OL: Peters-Joseph-Bentley-Villarreal-Gandy

My in-laws are Giants fans, so when I end up over there and there's a Giants game on I get to see how bad Allen sucks...no way!

And I agree, no way we get jack by tagging Nate. Maybe a late second or early third. By then, it's not worth it.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 09:56 PM
I'd gladly take a 2nd for Nate - but you know what - something tells me that this was just an off year for him (coupled with Jerry Gray missing the coattails of Williams and LeBeau) - when I think about that, I think it would probably be in our best interest to make him an offer - but not get into a bidding war - we just gotta hope that the other teams have seen what we've seen from him this year and decide not to make an outrageous bid for his services.

hydro014
01-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Ngata did not look very good in his bowl game. He didnt hustle, gave up on a lot of plays and he got hurt, i think on a knee that he has had a lot of problems with. I just dont see him being worth a top 10 pick.

I franchise nate and if anyone takes him we need a first rounder, if we dont get it keep him. Hopefully with a DT in FA, spikes coming back and DE with our first round pick we our D will be back to 2004 form.

I think that D'Brick is the only OT thats worth a top 10 pick, he'll be gone so we have to go after mario williams (DE), Kiwi (DE), jimmy williams (CB/S) or trade to a 15-20th pick than get Ngata, or anyone of the OT that are available.

My Ideal first 3 rounds:

1.Mario Williams DE NC ST
2. Davin Joseph OG OKLA
3a. Ryan O' Callahan OT CAL
3b. Geg Blue S Georgi

Mahdi
01-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Looks like were getting the 8th overall Rams just won....Mario Williams or trade down.

ArcticWildMan
01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't place a lot of stock in bowl performances after MaGahee blew out his knee. These kids saw how much it cost him and they know that they have to worry about their draft positions at this time of the year. I'd be sandbagging myself if it wasn't a national championship game. Why risk yourself millions of dollars so the NCAA can get richer off of your efforts?

Ngata would be an excellent fit next to Sam Adams.

Sportsuser101
01-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Yeah Will Allen is absolutely terrible. I don't think we should go after Mario Williams. I think taking Ngata is ideal if he's still there (assuming Ferguson or Bush don't fall). He's a monster.

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah. I'm not ready to evaluate Ngata in one game. He's been solid all year and gets doubled every down. There is a reason that he has a concensus early to mid first round projection. As far as his knee, the injury was 2 years ago and he started every game this year.

Mahdi
01-01-2006, 11:20 PM
If we can sign Ma'ake Kemoeatu at 6'5 350 our DT problems would be solved. Him and Adams would be a force. And I'm sure he would cost less than Ngata would demand as a Top 10 pick. Then we can take an impact DE which we are lacking. Sure Schobel had a good year but he can be inconsistent and Kelsay doesnt get to the QB often enough. Add to that the departure of Nate Clements since we will need the cap space to fix the O-line and we will need consistent pressure on opposing QBs to protect our DBs. Mario Williams is a Peppers clone, and would be too good to pass up.

Kerr
01-02-2006, 12:16 AM
If we can sign Ma'ake Kemoeatu at 6'5 350 our DT problems would be solved. Him and Adams would be a force. And I'm sure he would cost less than Ngata would demand as a Top 10 pick. Then we can take an impact DE which we are lacking. Sure Schobel had a good year but he can be inconsistent and Kelsay doesnt get to the QB often enough. Add to that the departure of Nate Clements since we will need the cap space to fix the O-line and we will need consistent pressure on opposing QBs to protect our DBs. Mario Williams is a Peppers clone, and would be too good to pass up.

I've heard some good things about Kemoeatu. He would be an ideal run stuffer next to Adams. However, there's a good chance Adams won't come back if Mularkey stays. We can sign Kemoeatu and draft a guy like Ngata or Williams.
I hope Adams stays and we can sign Kemoeatu because Williams is a playmaker.
We'll also need some good pass rushing from our defensive tackles. In that department I would look into Rocky Benard of the Seahawks.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Was Adams problems with Mularkey or Gray? COnsidering the piss poor defensive performance this year, I'd say he might have had a legit gripe against Gray.