Wish we had lost to the Bengals now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain Obvious
    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
    • Jul 2005

Wish we had lost to the Bengals now?

It would be difficult for me to root against the bills. Having said that, had the bills lost to the Bengals last week, they would be 4-12. If the CBS Sportsline draft sequence is correct, at 4-12 the bills would have picked 3rd, they would have had the weakest SOS of all the 4-12 teams. What are the 3 things a team needs to contend for Super Bowl?

1) Franchise QB
    2) Dominant LT
    3) Dominant DE

Assuming the texans pick Reggie Bush, and at 2 the Saints pick Matt Leinart, the bills at 3 would have had their choice of D'Brickashaw Ferguson a LT projected to be in the Orlando Pace/Jonathan Ogden mode, a dominant LT to protects JPs blindside. Or Mario Williams a DE a Julius Peppers/Dwight Freeney type a DE who gives OCs nightmares, and has to be double-teamed on every play.

Picking 8th or 9th the bills should still get a very good player(if the new GM picks the right guy). Its just interesting to ponder what could have been if the bills had finished 4-12. Or beating a 11-3 team on the road was important than draft position?

Here to point out the obvious....
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: Wish we had lost to the Bengals now?

Nope. Never hope for Bills to lose.

I do wish some other teams won some other games though although I still think high draft picks are betting 00 in roulette. I'd rather be able to trade down 1st round pick and get as many draft picks in top half but not top 10 as possible.

Look at Willis, a projected top three pick, not doing as well as lower round RBs.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Yes, I do wish we had lost! That game was meaningless.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

Man. I am not even going to go there.

Comment

Working...
        X