PDA

View Full Version : 4 coaches get the axe already!

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Rams | Martz out as head coach
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:28:35 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz will get fired after the 2005 season.

Raiders | Turner out as head coach
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:28:17 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders head coach Norv Turner will get fired after the 2005 season.

Texans | Capers out as head coach
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:28:59 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Houston Texans head coach Dom Capers will get fired after the 2005 season.

Vikings | Tice out as head coach
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:25:46 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice will get fired after the 2005 season.

LtBillsFan66
01-01-2006, 07:25 PM
:pray: Fire Mularkey please!

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Don't forget....

Kansas City Chiefs' HC Dick Vermeil retiring. That's 5 empty spots already. :shocked:

And there could be a few more.

Devin
01-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Id be happy as long as TD left and we got a new OC and DC.

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Parcells might be leaving too.

Herm Edwards could be out.

Tons of changes this year.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Id be happy as long as TD left and we got a new OC and DC.
And the GM better force the OC on Mularkey, so Mularkey doesn't try doing it himself again. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Crap. No one will want to come to Buffalo over those other teams.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM

There could be at least 10 teams looking for a New Head Coach, new OCs, new DCs. Ralph better act fast!

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Capers to replace Jerry Gray :pray:

LtBillsFan66
01-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I hope Jerry Gray replaces Herm Edwards. :pray:

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Capers to replace Jerry Gray :pray:
Or even Ted Cotrell. :pray:

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:36 PM
That would please me. :snicker2:

LtBillsFan66
01-01-2006, 07:37 PM
That would please me. :snicker2:
2 automatic wins. :up:

The_Philster
01-01-2006, 07:37 PM
That would be sweet...we could fall behind the Jets and come back for the win every time :snicker:

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:39 PM
2 automatic wins. :up:
Plus it would give our offense a chance to pad their stats. JP Losman could gain some confidence against that defense. :up:

FlyingDutchman
01-01-2006, 07:45 PM
you people know who the top people being touted for head coaching jobs are right? Gregg Williams and Wade Phillips....I would like to see Martz come here as an offensive coordinator...

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I will say right now Greg Williams deserves a 2nd chance. Remember the article this week about how he advised someone on being yourself, not what your boss wants you to be? Take your time to hire your assistants instead of letting your boss pressure you into having them by a set date?

Seems to me TD and RW really screwed ol'boy over while he was here. I bet he ends up being pretty successful.

With all of these other owners willing to eat the contracts of thier HC's maybe that will sway RW to do the same? NAH! Ralph is too cheap to do that. :rage:

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:49 PM
you people know who the top people being touted for head coaching jobs are right? Gregg Williams and Wade Phillips....I would like to see Martz come here as an offensive coordinator...
That's the reason why I am starting to get somewhat comfortable with keeping Mularkey for one more year, as long as the GM makes the changes to the line and brings in some solid coordinators and some new assistants. :bigwave: Brad Roll

Michael82
01-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I will say right now Greg Williams deserves a 2nd chance. Remember the article this week about how he advised someone on being yourself, not what your boss wants you to be? Take your time to hire your assistants instead of letting your boss pressure you into having them by a set date?

Seems to me TD and RW really screwed ol'boy over while he was here. I bet he ends up being pretty successful.

With all of these other owners willing to eat the contracts of thier HC's maybe that will sway RW to do the same? NAH! Ralph is too cheap to do that. :rage:
I'm worried that he's going to be become the next Bill Belichick myself. Belichick was bad in Cleveland, went to get some more mentoring under Parcells and then took over for the Patriots. I think that the couple years under Joe Gibbs was what Gregg Williams needed. And I also think he was strongly controlled by Tom Donahoe because he wanted to be a HC.

G. Host
01-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Donahoe's problem is not enough control not too much. Gregg got every coach which was #1 on his list without a veto from Donahoe. Same thing appears happened with MM.

P.S. Do not count fired coached before they leave; ESPN and other sources have been wrong before.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Tice or Edwards in here.

Michael82
01-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Tice or Edwards in here.
Edwards, yes. :up:

Tice??? HELL NO!!! :puke:

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 08:18 PM

The Lions will be needing a new coach too - I doubt they'll stick it out with Jauron next year.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Edwards, yes. :up:
Tice??? HELL NO!!! :puke:

??

Look at the headcases he has in minnesota - they make Willis and Clements look like good samaritans.

I don't care what anyone says - Tice is a VERY viable option.

gr8slayer
01-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I just want Donahoe gone. Period.

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Donahoe's problem is not enough control not too much. Gregg got every coach which was #1 on his list without a veto from Donahoe. Same thing appears happened with MM.

P.S. Do not count fired coached before they leave; ESPN and other sources have been wrong before.

Not according to Gregg. If you read that article on advice to another young HC he told him not to let the Boss MAKE YOU get your assistants on staff in a certain time. Wait for the right ones and or the ones you want.

TD has had total control, way too much for any GM

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 08:37 PM

I want Mike Martz to have nothing to do with the Bills - he's a west coast guy who just doesn't believe in the run.

G. Host
01-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Not according to Gregg. If you read that article on advice to another young HC he told him not to let the Boss MAKE YOU get your assistants on staff in a certain time. Wait for the right ones and or the ones you want.

Well then GW is covering for himself. GW is the one who stated publically at the time that he got all of his assistants he wanted, first in every list.

Either that he is admitting he was a liar then.

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2006, 09:01 PM
The Lions will be needing a new coach too - I doubt they'll stick it out with Jauron next year.

Jauron should stick to defense but he's capable of making a solid HC. Did you notice how Detroit's D production dropped off after he began taking on the total team planning? It was obvious.
Mike Martz should be the next Lions HC. It's all set up for him. He'll get his QB and those 3 receivers (if Rogers stays) will be lights out!

ICE74129
01-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Well then GW is covering for himself. GW is the one who stated publically at the time that he got all of his assistants he wanted, first in every list.

Either that he is admitting he was a liar then.

What was he supposed to say as a first year HC? 'Gee my boss screwed me over by not letting me pick the assistants I wanted'? Not no hell no

ArcticWildMan
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Greg Williams will be a thorn in our side for many years to come. He will be the next Bill Belichek.

FirstDownBills
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I want Mike Martz to have nothing to do with the Bills - he's a west coast guy who just doesn't believe in the run.

We're speaking of the same guy right? Mike Martz, the one who lead his team to a Super Bowl. The one who had his team score an average of 33 points a game one season. Yeah, I definately don't want that guy here. Super Bowl? Who cares? Scoring points on offense? Our offense is fine!

ublinkwescore
01-01-2006, 11:12 PM
he operates a scheme that simply will not work in Buffalo...PERIOD.

Buffalo's location (coupled with the fact that we play our games outside) is one that requires it to have a running game.

Mike Martz is a running game's worst enemy.

It can also be said that Mike Martz rode Dick Vermiel's coattails.

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Greg Williams will be a thorn in our side for many years to come. He will be the next Bill Belichek.
ROTFLMAO!

FirstDownBills
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
he operates a scheme that simply will not work in Buffalo...PERIOD.

Buffalo's location (coupled with the fact that we play our games outside) is one that requires it to have a running game.

Mike Martz is a running game's worst enemy.

It can also be said that Mike Martz rode Dick Vermiel's coattails.

His scheme can work here. I don't see why it wouldn't.

cordog
01-01-2006, 11:23 PM

Maybe Gregg should actually be saying don't hire all your buddies as coaches. I think that was the real problem with ole Gregg Williams.

lordofgun
01-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe Gregg should actually be saying don't hire all your buddies as coaches. I think that was the real problem with ole Gregg Williams.
That and making some of the worst in-game decisions in NFL history. The guy was truly clueless out there.

cordog
01-01-2006, 11:30 PM
That and making some of the worst in-game decisions in NFL history. The guy was truly clueless out there.

Yeah it was pretty damn bad

mr nyjet
01-01-2006, 11:31 PM
That would be sweet...we could fall behind the Jets and come back for the win every time :snicker:

you're consistent! last year, you lost to steeler's jv team and this year , you lost to the jets freshman team. :crap::funny::peace::lmao:

Samphin1
01-01-2006, 11:43 PM
There will actually be six available if you count Detroit, which I think you have to. Others possibly include: Dallas, New Orleans ( I really think Haslett might just up and leave ), and New York.

ArcticWildMan
01-01-2006, 11:47 PM
ROTFLMAO!

Watch and see youngling. :miyagi:

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2006, 12:26 AM

maybe he could use willis in a different way, or use JP more effectively. All i know is im sick of having a horrible offense and something needs to change. Martz is an offensive genius. Its not like we can run the ball anyway, why not get something new and fresh in here?:chat:

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2006, 12:33 AM

I doubt it.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Mike Martz = Kevin Gilbride

No thanks.

I wouldn't mind bringing MM back next year if TD was fired, replaced with a hot young football guy (Felser in the paper today said something about an assistant to the GM in Chicago), AND if we could get guys like Norv Turner and Dom Capers as our coordinators. Neither has proven to be good head coaches but they are both excellant coordinators.

Historian
01-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Gregg Williams sucks ass.

Tell any of those fans that come here.

They would rather wish for crabs, than wish for him as Head Coach.

helmetguy
01-02-2006, 07:52 AM

Ever been to the Ralph in Nov./Dec.?

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:08 AM
There will actually be six available if you count Detroit, which I think you have to. Others possibly include: Dallas, New Orleans ( I really think Haslett might just up and leave ), and New York.
I'm guessing between 8-10 teams.

Topdog
01-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Tice is a better coach than you give him credit for!.

Too bad he had a bunch oF losers to work with.

However he did finish out 7-2!

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Tice is a better coach than you give him credit for!.

Too bad he had a bunch oF losers to work with.

However he did finish out 7-2!
I was wondering what your thoughts on him were. He always seems like a little bit of a baffoon to me.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Capers to replace Jerry Gray :pray:And Norv Turner to replace Tom Clements.

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:59 AM
And Norv Turner to replace Tom Clements.
hmmm, interesting choice! Turner is a very good coordinator and believes in running the football a lot. I like that. :clap:

ublinkwescore
01-02-2006, 11:12 AM

Weather - Wind, Snow, rain - those are conditions that are ideal for a conservative game with many rushing attempts.

Besides, you need to be balanced in today's NFL to win.