PDA

View Full Version : I'm big enough to admit that DB did not lead the Cowboys to the playoffs...

Ebenezer
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
but I would have taken 9 or 10 wins any day (before anybody puts words in my mouth, I am not saying the Bills would have won 9 or 10 with him; this team was pathetic this year)...hell, I would have taken 8-8 with him at the helm instead of the crap we were served all year.

oh, well. The Amigos were right. He needed a better team around him. Guess he got it. The 'Boys have way more upside potential than the Bills. Good deal for Bledsoe. Bad deal for us. I hope we all get to enjoy the 2-3 year rebuilding program that starts tomorrow (which still would have happened if DB had been here this year).

My apologies for being a thorn in everybody's ass all year. Now let's all hope that the Cowboys don't make the playoffs next year and JP can at least lead us to 6 wins...or the Bills will look even more foolish.

Philagape
01-01-2006, 08:43 PM
:peace:

Iehoshua
01-01-2006, 08:46 PM
:rofl:

Philagape
01-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I will admit that Drew had a rebound year, his best since the first half of 02. Parcells knows how to make the most of his limits.

Iehoshua
01-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Close but not good enough;

That statement embodies Drew's career.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 09:41 PM
but I would have taken 9 or 10 wins any day (before anybody puts words in my mouth, I am not saying the Bills would have won 9 or 10 with him; this team was pathetic this year)...hell, I would have taken 8-8 with him at the helm instead of the crap we were served all year.

oh, well. The Amigos were right. He needed a better team around him. Guess he got it. The 'Boys have way more upside potential than the Bills. Good deal for Bledsoe. Bad deal for us. I hope we all get to enjoy the 2-3 year rebuilding program that starts tomorrow (which still would have happened if DB had been here this year).

My apologies for being a thorn in everybody's ass all year. Now let's all hope that the Cowboys don't make the playoffs next year and JP can at least lead us to 6 wins...or the Bills will look even more foolish.

It's all good. He definitely did better in Big D then he would have here....he would have gotten creamed here had we not cut him. Basically there were no surprises though. Drew has been Drew...started strong, faded in the stretch and no clutch performances in big games. And like our QBs, he will be watching the playoffs from home (except he has a much nicer one than JP or KH).

I will say that now that this season is over for both the Cowboys and the Bills I don't really care how he does next year. I really only follow the results of a player transaction the year that it happens. After that I move on.

Bill Brasky
01-01-2006, 09:44 PM

it's ok, we forgive you :pet:

Bledsoe could have done great things for us if he was just given a little help. Even with avg talent around him this season he has helped Dallas, imagine what he could have done w/a decent line in front of him w/ guys like Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Reed, and McGahee to give the ball to. Even when the line was avg here he took us 8-8 and Moulds had a couple big seasons.

We needed to give JP a shot, but handing him the job was a ******ed move, they should have made him earn it from Drew.

STAMPY
01-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Dallas' o line stunk too

STAMPY
01-01-2006, 09:46 PM
im glad he left cause i'd have to read all the threads about drew vs jp. if u think its bad with holcomb-jp. if drew was here it be ten times worse.

DaBills
01-01-2006, 09:52 PM
No apologies needed. You like a certain player, eff it, stick to yer guns man. ****, I loved Flutie for a few years and look where that got me – a freakin' drop kick today! lol.

I do think though that if Parcells goes, Drew goes. I don't see another coach having his back like Parcells does.

But that rebuilding part can only happen if Ralp does the right thing. If TD and MM are here still, we're going to be like the Bengals were in the 90's – for a while.

:peace:

Bill Brasky
01-01-2006, 09:58 PM
If TD and MM are here still, we're going to be like the Bengals were in the 90's – for a while.

:ill:

what this team needs is to follow the bengals model for rebuilding, not follow their model of keeping coaches and GM's that can't get it done.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
:ill:

what this team needs is to follow the bengals model for rebuilding, not follow their model of keeping coaches and GM's that can't get it done.

:up:

:posrep:

bledslow
01-01-2006, 10:49 PM

Bledsoe could have done great things for us if he was just given a little help. Even with avg talent around him this season he has helped Dallas, imagine what he could have done w/a decent line in front of him w/ guys like Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Reed, and McGahee to give the ball to. Even when the line was avg here he took us 8-8 and Moulds had a couple big seasons.

We needed to give JP a shot, but handing him the job was a ******ed move, they should have made him earn it from Drew.

why bring up the names of reed,parrish, mcgahee- those 3 guys suk there so inconsistent. and evans is inconsistent a lot of times himself. i would say that glenn and keyshawn johnson are above average. and dallas o-line always had nice things said about it until drew got there.bledsoe makes o-lines look terrible.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM

So now it's next year Drew will do it? It's always next year with him.

Up to week 10 most of you guys were saying how great he is and some were even saying the Cowboys were going to the SB and Drew was in the running for the league MVP.

How did he finish the last 6 weeks? 14 TO's and 2-4. I said after Week 10 the Cowboys would finish 9-7 due to Drew's yearly crumble and miss the playoffs and I was right. You said they would make a run for the SB and you were wrong and looked foolish once again.

All your whining, *****ing and complaining like a little girl and this is how it finishes. You should be used to it though.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:16 PM
I will admit that Drew had a rebound year, his best since the first half of 02. Parcells knows how to make the most of his limits.

25 TO's, 17 fumbles and 49 sacks. That was one hell of a rebound year. Parcells really turned him around. Move over Peyton Manning. :up:

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:19 PM

He really did help Dallas alot. I'm sure they are so pround. I mean he did lead them to a 2-4 record down the stretch with 14 TO's during that span along with 25 TO's, 17 fumbles and 49 sacks on the season. I have no idea where that franchise would be without them.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:21 PM
And guess what else he did for them? All 14 of them TO's in the last 6 games were in their 4 losses.

Drew ruined their season in the last 6 games. Drew lost it for them during them 4 games. You can't win games with 14 TO's in their last 4 losses.

Philagape
01-02-2006, 07:12 PM
25 TO's, 17 fumbles and 49 sacks. That was one hell of a rebound year. Parcells really turned him around. Move over Peyton Manning. :up:

Compared to the last two years it was :ill:

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 07:24 PM

True. That's really sad.

When a player is so bad that 25 TO's, 17 fumbles and 49 sacks are considered a great season that he has issues.

But he will lead the Cowboys to the playoffs next year instead. If not in 2006 then it will be 2007.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 07:27 PM

Any QB can turn the ball over 25 times, get sacked 49 times and fumble 17 times. They don't need Drew Bledsoe to do that.

Had they had somebody who isn't a sack and turnover machine they would be in the playoffs.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 07:44 PM

Actually he was even worse. I know it's hard to fathom.

2003- 22 TO's, 15 fumbles and 49 sacks.

2004- 21 TO's, 9 fumbles and 37 sacks.

2005- 25 TO's, 17 fumbles and 49 sacks.

So much for Parcells making him into a star. He was even worse.

Philagape
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
I was referring to the increase in production -- almost a full yard better in YPA and 60% passing (for just the fourth time in his career) -- but in the end that doesn't matter because he folded again

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 07:49 PM
I was referring to the increase in production -- almost a full yard better in YPA and 60% passing (for just the fourth time in his career) -- but in the end that doesn't matter because he folded again

As far as his boneheaded game killing mistakes go he was even worse.

He just sucks. :roflmao: