PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone name a few games in which Drew has beaten teams...

WG
01-22-2003, 10:54 AM
...that were 10-6 or better?

Just curious. I know there's a few, but I can't seem to remember which ones...

WG
01-22-2003, 10:56 AM
There's got to be some out there. He's averaged 1 win per season against such teams...

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 10:58 AM
How many QBs out there have piled up wins against 10-6 or better teams? They are 10-6 or better for a reason (because they weren't beaten much).

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Would you consider a 9-7 team, since well if he didn't beat them, they would be 10-6? How about the Dolphins? They would be 11-5 if Bledsoe hadn't beat them twice.

Let me guess wys. You got an A in fuzzy math in grade school.

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Oh and let me stress that I didn't in any way mean in any way that Bledsoe himself beat the Dolphins single handedly.

Ebenezer
01-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Yeah, you're right...Drew sucks...cut him now...bring back Todd Collins and Billy Joe Hobert...

:firehead:

kgun12
01-22-2003, 11:08 AM

Who ever makes the smilies we need a "BEAT A DEAD HORSE ONE REALLY REALLY BAD":help:

Ebenezer
01-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
Who ever makes the smilies we need a "BEAT A DEAD HORSE ONE REALLY REALLY BAD":help:

:horse:

Thanks K-gun...I could not have said it better myself. If somebody digs far enough I'll bet the QB who has the best lifetime record against teams better than 10-6 will be some guy who couldn't get out of his own way...or played for a team that really sucked but got to play those teams because they were in the same division.

WG
01-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
Would you consider a 9-7 team, since well if he didn't beat them, they would be 10-6? How about the Dolphins? They would be 11-5 if Bledsoe hadn't beat them twice.

Let me guess wys. You got an A in fuzzy math in grade school.

In 10 seasons? Come on now BFO!

But as long as you ask, let's take a look, shall we...

Pennington in his second season, first as a starter was 1-1 in the regular season. 2-2 if you count the PS.

McNair was 6-2 if you count the PS. He's already more than halfway to Drew's 10 year total... I'm sure he's got another handful tucked away there somewhere. :lol:

Brad Johnson is 3-1 on the season thus far, soon to be 4-1.

From another 8-8 team, even Brees went 2-2 in his first year starting, second season overall! I don't think he'll have any trouble "amassing" another 9 such wins over his next 9 seasons of starting. He may even do it in 2 or 3 more seasons.

Even Blake was 1-2 this season on Baltimore. I realize they have so much more talent than we do around him however... :rolleyes:

No, it's Drew! He sucks! The man simply can't beat decent teams. 11 victories over teams 10-6+ by my count in 10 seasons. Given his play this year v. teams 10-6 plus, 0-2, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, I just can't wait until next season! Oh boy...! Please, let's throw the ball some more!

WG
01-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Never any substance! ;)

I tried K, but you know what, you guys simply aren't going to let it lie. I tried, I really did. Then the attacks started again, so hey, I'll play! ;)

It gets fun when I don't have to pull any punches...

WG
01-22-2003, 11:29 AM
BTW, thanks for naming ALL of those many, many games that Drew has beaten. Since he averages 1 per season, can anyone please explain to all the nice boys and girls, how on earth we're supposed to win 3, possibly 4 games in a row to win a SuperBowl w/ Mr. Mistake at QB?

I mean to expect him to not blow a game vs. a playoff caliber team once is apparently not a good "odds-on" wager. How is 3 or 4 games in a row make good odds? It's an extreme longshot!

The man simply isn't used to winning the important games. Career losing record against both the Phins and Jets.

He can't nor ever has been able to play decently v. division opponents and teams w/ winning records. So as long as Drew is in Buffalo, we won't ever win a SB.

Rude American
01-22-2003, 11:30 AM
I think the cayenne has affected Wys's brain. And apparently it's more potent than crack.

:baghead:

Judge
01-22-2003, 11:31 AM
How many QBs out there have piled up wins against 10-6 or better teams? They are 10-6 or better for a reason (because they weren't beaten much).

Don't expect Wys to understand that obvious logic!

Butch
01-22-2003, 11:40 AM
This is why we are in a recession right now. Because there are people more worried about a player's record against 10-6 teams, than actually finding something meaningful to do with their time. If his record against 10-6 teams worries you so much, and Drew himself bothers you so much, stop watching football.

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 11:42 AM
I'm not going to debate on this subject any longer....Wys has his opinions and he will never change his mind. If he thinks the Earth is flat then it will always be in his mind.

But what I don't understand is,

Why

Mr. Miyagi
does

Mr. Miyagi
he

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Mr. Miyagi
so

Mr. Miyagi
many

Mr. Miyagi
consecutive

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 11:44 AM
posts?

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Is it the zonebucks? Or can he not form multiple complete thoughts at one time?

SABURZFAN
01-22-2003, 11:49 AM
for chrissakes...

give it a rest Wys.this bledsoe vendetta that you carry is getting old.

lordofgun
01-22-2003, 11:51 AM

:deadhorse

LtBillsFan66
01-22-2003, 11:51 AM
BTW, thanks for naming ALL of those many, many games that Drew has beaten.

No one has the energy or desire to dig through years of stats and figures.

Like I said a couple of times before, some WATCH games and some just flip through stats.

Earthquake Enyart
01-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
I'm not going to debate on this subject any longer....Wys has his opinions and he will never change his mind. If he thinks the Earth is flat then it will always be in his mind.

Then 6 months later, he'll argue to the death that the earth is round.

Windsock.

justasportsfan
01-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Here's the answer you've been waiting for wys. I f this doesn't answer you question.........you should start a Rob Johnson thread.

http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2548&highlight=drew

Ebenezer
01-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Here's the answer you've been waiting for wys. I f this doesn't answer you question.........you should start a Rob Johnson thread.

That'll leave a mark. :punch:

Valerie
01-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by kgun12 Who ever makes the smilies we need a "BEAT A DEAD HORSE ONE REALLY REALLY BAD":help:
:deadhorse There you go, K-Gun.:) Courtesy of AWM. Personally, I think it's sick.

SABURZFAN
01-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

justasportsfan:cheers: BFZ

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2003, 12:15 PM
LMAO!!!! :lol: Good one JASF!!! Nothing like using his own words against him.

And I particularly like the way he colored Drew's name each time he mentioned it. It's like a little girl drawing hearts around her crush's picture in the yearbook....LOL

SABURZFAN
01-22-2003, 12:22 PM
I particularly like the way he colored Drew's name each time he mentioned it. It's like a little girl drawing hearts around her crush's picture in the yearbook....LOL

:lolcry:

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2003, 04:52 PM
" how on earth we're supposed to win 3, possibly 4 games in a row to win a SuperBowl w/ Mr. Mistake at QB? "

I don't know New England did in 96... You tell me.

lordofgun
01-22-2003, 04:56 PM
And I particularly like the way he colored Drew's name each time he mentioned it. It's like a little girl drawing hearts around her crush's picture in the yearbook....LOL

Actually, the message board did that automatically when the searchn for the word DREW was made. :D

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2003, 04:58 PM
I don't believe it LOG.

pmoon6
01-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Football is still a team game,the Bills win or lose as a team. All this stuff about Johnson, Flutie, and now Bledsoe or any one player being the achilles heel is ridiculous. The game is still won at line of scrimmage and that will never change.I remember in the late '80s alot of Bills fans were down on Kelly (Int's, lack of mobility) until the Bills got to thier first Super Bowl,then Kelly was God. So to the "Bledsoe sucks" crowd either wait until the Bills go to the SB and jump on the bandwagon or pick another team.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2003, 05:38 PM
I don't think there is a very big "crowd" moon...

pmoon6
01-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Sorry Thurm,I should amend that to the "Bledsoe sucks guy"

Typ0
01-22-2003, 07:17 PM
I don't believe it LOG.

I have to step in and say this is completely out of line. LOG worked very hard for countless hours to install that feature specifically so someone could find WYS saying something good about Drew.

SoCalBillsFan
01-22-2003, 08:00 PM
there's a telling fact in this whole thing...

trent dilfer won a super bowl.

let's look at his stats and talk about why he sucks, cause he sucks worse than drew. The fact is you dont have to have the best qb in the league to win. Drew's capable, he's stable, he's a leader.

i dont get it. hes not going anywhere anyways. whats the point?

WG
01-22-2003, 11:26 PM

No one has the energy or desire to dig through years of stats and figures.

Like I said a couple of times before, some WATCH games and some just flip through stats.

Yeah, yeah, more excuses...

This Pro-Bledsoe noise is just that, noise! It's a mob mentality run amok w/o much logic or reason to it. There are tons of fans in N.E. w/ exactly the same viewpoint that I have. Why do you think that is?

I know, I know, Pats fans are morons, etc. I'm sure Boston is a real hickville where there's no brains at all within city limits.

:z:

I'm tellin' ya now, you're once again gonna have to acquiesce to my insights in 10 more months!

:bravo:

WG
01-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by pmoon6
Football is still a team game,the Bills win or lose as a team. All this stuff about Johnson, Flutie, and now Bledsoe or any one player being the achilles heel is ridiculous. The game is still won at line of scrimmage and that will never change.I remember in the late '80s alot of Bills fans were down on Kelly (Int's, lack of mobility) until the Bills got to thier first Super Bowl,then Kelly was God. So to the "Bledsoe sucks" crowd either wait until the Bills go to the SB and jump on the bandwagon or pick another team.

I agree moon, with the exception that players like Drew can singlehandedly lose games though by throwing stupid, stupid INTs and fumbling the ball at inoportune times. TOs for points kill teams.

It's funny that by many of the people here your reasoning applies this year to the extent that Drew gets a virtual pass by most people for doing nothing wrong, when w/ one of the worst OLs that the Bills have ever had last season, everything was RJ's fault, and I do mean everything. From D to STs, to coaching, to stuff that didn't even have to do w/ football.

I mean just look at the totally unhealthy occupation w/ RJ here and now on these boards w/ everyone being irritated that he may be the beneficiary of a SB ring. Everyone seems to wish him ill. I just don't get it. Who cares one way or the other.

Typ0
01-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Boston is a real hickville where there's no brains at all within city limits.

you've been to Boston eh?

WG
01-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
for chrissakes...

give it a rest Wys.this bledsoe vendetta that you carry is getting old.

SABURZ,

I've tried my man. I really have. But numerous people continue to call me out on this stuff. I mean really, you act as if I've started these threads! Look who starts them and then complains about it. Some even call me out particularly.

I'll make a deal w/ ya however, and BTW, I've tried and this has failed already. But anyway, here's the deal. I won't post anymore about Drew. Believe it or not, I actually prefer it that way.

But you and others have a part too. Anytime anyone stands up and challenges me on the boards, you and the others have to immediately mention to that person, and not in provocative ways, that this horse has been beaten nine ways to Sunday. But when people like BFSIW and others post about me being to stupid or ignorant or something else like that to respond, then you handle it, eh!

Sound good? You do that for me, watch my back as it were, and I won't make a mention unless it goes unpoliced. I can take this stand all day long btw and it bothers me not b/c it's true. I have absolutely no doubt that this will continue in the fall. So time is on my side. So there's really no need for me to even mention it.

But anyway, that's the deal. You chide anyone attempting to "awaken the beast!" :D

The beast gets meaner every time it's naps are interrupted...

What do ya say? If the answer is yes, then make sure you have a support team. B/c it's gonna take one.

If not, then I can only assume you enjoy this. I don't mind although I'd rather post on other topics and do other things w/ my time.

WG
01-22-2003, 11:39 PM
BTW, this is the only recent thread about Drew that I've started. The others have all been started by others and often calling me out. I started this one to get my pound of flesh only. ;)

kgun12
01-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7

:deadhorse There you go, K-Gun.:) Courtesy of AWM. Personally, I think it's sick.

THANK YOU AWM!!!!!