PDA

View Full Version : How Ferguson COULD fall to Buffalo

patmoran2006
01-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Although it is unlikely to happen, I have come up with one scenario where the Buffalo Bills could possibly end up with D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

If both QB's Vince Young AND Brady Quinn come out early, it conceivably could happen. Both would have to come out early, not likely (I don't see Quinn leaving) but if it does, here is one outside scenario.

1- Texans- Reggie Bush.. End of story
2- Saints- Matt Leinhart- doesn't take rocket science to figure that out.
3- Tennessee- The key here. Logic right NOW says Ferguson.. BUT, with McNair near end of the line, they could possibly take Young or Brady in this spot if they come out.
4- NY Jets- same as Tennesee, if BOTH Young and Brady come out, it's at least possible they would take the other QB remaining.
5- Green Bay- A wildcard team. They need so much help everywhere this would be a good Ferguson spot. But they also could easily go with AJ Hawk here at LB or DL.
6- San Fran- Wouldn't pay that money for a OT when they just signed Jonas Jennings last year.
7- Oakland- same as San Fran, wouldn't pay money for a OT when they have Gallery.

So although it would be a longshot, there is an outside chance of Ferguson falling.

Even assuming that DOESN'T happen, as a Bills fan I'd still hope that Quinn and Young BOTH came out early. If that happens, one or two stud lineman would fall down a few notches.

I'm not debating how good Young or Brady are, but it's highly speculated they would both be top six picks, which is good for Buffalo.

Devin
01-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Neither Brady or Young will likely come out.

Devin
01-02-2006, 01:04 AM
You are referring to Brady Quinn yes?

STAMPY
01-02-2006, 01:05 AM
pass me the crack you're smoking.

Devin
01-02-2006, 01:06 AM
lol, Brick wont fall out the top 5 much less top 8.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2006, 01:07 AM
NYJ won't take a Qb - they are up to their eyeballs in Pennington's contract.

patmoran2006
01-02-2006, 01:09 AM
I also don't think Brady Quinn will come out this year, not when he is likely to be the number one pick in the 2007 Draft.

But don't tell me that both Quinn and Young (whom I do think will come out) will not both be top 10 picks. Trust me, they both would (and possibly will)

Put it this way, at least one of them would SURELY go in the top seven, which would push a NON-quarterback down one more spot to the Bills, probably not Ferugson, but maybe a Mario Williams, DE (NC State) or Ngota (DT from Oregon).

ZacGriffi~82
01-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Mario has a much better chance of slipping.

Devin
01-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Quinn is absolutley staying. Young has already said hes staying for his senior season, so unless he has a last second change of heart i wouldnt hold your breath.

But if we have the 8th pick

My draft board would look something like:

Bush
Brick
Lienhart
Mario Williams
Ngata
Kiwanuka
AJ Hawk
Jimmy Williams

So at #8 we very could be looking at one of those DL's.

patmoran2006
01-02-2006, 01:15 AM
The Jets WOULD have taken Leinhart, and they would have trade Pennington for some wack Puma sneakers... There is a good chance they will take that running back DeAngelo Williams from Memphis or maybe even draft Hawk at OLB to have a great LB corps with Vilma.

I don't THINK that Ferguson would fall that far either, I was just trying to paint a scenario.

Ferguson will be gone to either Tennesee, Jets or Packers.. SF (6) and Oakland (7) would surely NOT take him, though its likely some team would move up to their spot anyway to grab him. From everything I've seen, heard and read about him, he's THAT good.

I am just really hoping that Young and Brady come out, because it would push a good DE or DT down at least one slot, if not two.

From all the early mock drafts I'm seeing, and based on a need at OT, I'm reading a lot about the WInston kid from Miami (who's already a health risk with a bad knee)

ZacGriffi~82
01-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Quinn is absolutley staying. Young has already said hes staying for his senior season, so unless he has a last second change of heart i wouldnt hold your breath.

But if we have the 8th pick

My draft board would look something like:

Bush
Brick
Lienhart
Mario Williams
Ngata
Kiwanuka
AJ Hawk
Jimmy Williams

So at #8 we very could be looking at one of those DL's.

I agree with that, 'cept i think Rodrique Wright is a better prospect then Ngata, and I would rank Kiwanuka above both of them.

STAMPY
01-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Hopefully Ngata falls on our lap.

STAMPY
01-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Dude fix your sig. ****s killing the screen.

Bmax
01-02-2006, 01:53 AM
GREEN BAY may be looking at rb .. williams from memphis would be a great pick...

Bmax The bills should look at these five who should be available

Bmax
01-02-2006, 02:05 AM
oops....Not in this order

1. Gabe Watson.Dt- Mich. Huge run stopper..can his weight be an issue..
2. Eric Winston-Ot Miami- Is his knee sound..
3. Jimmy Williams-CB Big corner... COULD BE BEST ATHLETE ON BOARD.
4. Rod Wright-DT-TEXAS-athletic guy takes plays off...
5. Haolita Ngata-DT- Oregon-HUGE dt knee iffy and is he coming out ?...Hard to block will tie up two.. Solid guy off field

Marcus Mcneil could move up and kiwanuka could drop .. If i had my choice i would take a Dt Talent drop off in DT IS STEEP.. You could land a decent og in rd 2 or ot in rd 2.

The player i would take above any one else even bush would be williams .. Wow ...if he drops to 8 which is highly unlikely the bills would snap him up in a sec..

ShadowHawk7
01-02-2006, 04:50 AM
If Clements walks, I'm liking Williams. Or maybe Ngata.

SquishDaFish
01-02-2006, 05:08 AM
I believe Brady Quinn and Young both said they were staying already.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-02-2006, 07:16 AM
I think you could be on to something, but it won't be because of Brady Quinn. I think it will be more about Young and who the Jets take. They might look at Maroney to get a RB. Then again this is very wishful thinking here.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Although it is unlikely to happen, I have come up with one scenario where the Buffalo Bills could possibly end up with D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

If both QB's Vince Young AND Brady Quinn come out early, it conceivably could happen. Both would have to come out early, not likely (I don't see Quinn leaving) but if it does, here is one outside scenario.

1- Texans- Reggie Bush.. End of story
2- Saints- Matt Leinhart- doesn't take rocket science to figure that out.
3- Tennessee- The key here. Logic right NOW says Ferguson.. BUT, with McNair near end of the line, they could possibly take Young or Brady in this spot if they come out.
4- NY Jets- same as Tennesee, if BOTH Young and Brady come out, it's at least possible they would take the other QB remaining.
5- Green Bay- A wildcard team. They need so much help everywhere this would be a good Ferguson spot. But they also could easily go with AJ Hawk here at LB or DL.
6- San Fran- Wouldn't pay that money for a OT when they just signed Jonas Jennings last year.
7- Oakland- same as San Fran, wouldn't pay money for a OT when they have Gallery.

So although it would be a longshot, there is an outside chance of Ferguson falling.

Even assuming that DOESN'T happen, as a Bills fan I'd still hope that Quinn and Young BOTH came out early. If that happens, one or two stud lineman would fall down a few notches.

I'm not debating how good Young or Brady are, but it's highly speculated they would both be top six picks, which is good for Buffalo.
young has aleady stated he will return to school. he said it at the heisman

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:19 AM
NYJ won't take a Qb - they are up to their eyeballs in Pennington's contract.
Wanna bet?