PDA

View Full Version : This article tells it all, I love it!!!

X-Era
01-02-2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060102/1046068.asp?tbd1046068.asp

Ya gotta love it.

Ralph went back and forth negotiating or talking to TD for what seemed like weeks before signing him. I bet that Ego boy, TD was working on Ralph to have complete control and to manipulate Ralph into just sitting in the owners box and letting Donahoe run the team. Well, Ralph said in this article that he is gonna be much more involved. He went to talk about watching draftees personally. I think that comment illuded to Mike Williams, who turned out to be one of the biggest busts in draft history, costing Ralph millions to warm the bench with a stubbed pinky toe.

Dont fool yourselves though, Ralph aint ever gonna be Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones. But it was interesting to hear the commentators on Sunday night football talking about how much crap both those owners got and how both were at least in playoff contention. I dont want that for us, but I dont want the next gentle giant whos gonna sit the bench all year with a blown ring finger either. Thankfully, Ralph aint gonna take the BS that the GM's will fess, and will have alot to do with who we draft.

Now, if he is illuding to Big Mike here, I think its a pretty safe bet that you WONT see us drafting another OT or maybe even DT in the 1st round this year. The simple minded owner who got burned by a "helluva player" in the form of a OT, raw over a big wasted pick, is gonna go and draft another one? Uhhh, I dont see that. What I see is counter to what many feel, Ralph will want the best player at our spot, a proven playmaker who will dazzle us. If Modrak is our guy, he seems to like getting lineman, Corey Simon and Tra Thomas. But, Ralph has the trump card and he would seem to want the best player possible. With the 29th ranked O and D's im not sure we can say we are set at ANY position.

The good news is, there doesnt seem to be any WR's worthy of that high a pick (8th overall). But DE's (Super Mario or maybe Kiwi), RB's (Maroney or maybe Denagelo), TE (Vernon Davis is a better prospect than Kellen Winslow Jr.), CB Clements was thought to be gone but also cant demand anything more than a top 15 CB pay after a dissapointing season (maybe Mike Huff or Jimmy Williams), all those star potential playmakers at more skill positions than DT and OT would seem more likely.

Thats if you went solely on Ralphs words which is far from the whole picture.

The next part I like about this is the fact that even the writer realized that a 3rd string nobody named Brooks Bollinger looked better than Holcomb. Its so obvious that KH isnt our present or future its ridiculous, to everyone except those that have crawled through the Bills desert and are now drinking the sand thinking its a mirage. Ralph will have some say about this, and as the check writer, I can promise he aint gonna let JP sit the bench to start a career backup, and this-year-proven mediocre starter at best like KH. Watch it happen kids, this is the biggest NON-controversy ever. Ralph knows what a Thurman, Kelly, and Reed means to the team. The TD, bargain basement boatload of backups mantra is OVER, get used to it. Ralph is the owner and he knows we need ALOT more.

Overall, It couldnt have been a better day, TD is gone. Ralph is stepping up to the plate and demanding the best player available at our pick (likely not to be a big man), and Ralph wont be letting our future at QB sit the bench for a career backup.

I love it, GO BILLS!!! The tables are finally turning.

tat2dmike77
01-02-2006, 08:56 AM
It definatlly sounds like things will be changing at one bills drive. I get the feeling that Mr Wilson has had enough and he wants to win. He should win he deserves at least on superbowl title before he dies. (let's face it he's not getting any younger)

When he looks atthe team like the rest of us do i'm sure he wonders whatthe hell. The talent is there in some positions and not so much in others. All i know is that i'm glad that the yard sale shopping days are over.

So many players were brought in that were cast offs from thier team. TD brought these players in and built them up. Only to see them drop like a rock from the peace bridge. I'll be honest though i never like to see a player fail (well unless his name is maurice clarett) but when it happens then things need to change.

Unfortunatly it took five years for Mr Wilson to realize that TD is complete moron. I dunno what the future holds for MM but i do hope he is only renting a house in NY and didn't buy. Because personally i don't feel he'll be around. I could be wrong though.

When the new GM comes in he might say ok MM you need to get a new OC. I'll give you the players you need now go out there and play like we should. Then if anthor crap season comes around MM will be gone. I honestly don't know.

But it's nice to hear some promising words from the owner. Maybe things are going to get better. Maybe the dark cloud that hangs over one bills drive is leaving with TD. Or maybe that dark cloud is TD? Anyway it sounds good and yes it was not a good way to end the year and honestly i don't a win yesterday would of saved anyones job either.

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Ralph is pissed and that's great news! i get the feeling that he is sick of the losing and no playoffs and is going to open his checkbook bigtime this year and next year to help fix this team and bring it back to respectability.