• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

RJ showed some class yesterday

Glad to see it-

on media day, he told Buffalo reporters that he thought the Bills had a good team while he was here, that he wanted to succeed, was sorry it didn't work out, and that he'd like to have still been here if it were possible.

Finally, he says the right things! All right, I forgive him for singlehandedly ruining our team!
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Why wouldn't he say something nice? He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
      Why wouldn't he say something nice? He's laughing all the way to the bank.
      He would have made more $$ here if he had succeeded. He could have broken the bank on a contract extension if he had any success at all.

So, he's making far less than he could have.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The only time the words "RJ" and "class" should be used in the same sentence:

"After sitting on the bench for 5 seasons, former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Rob Johnson decides to retire from football and teach 6th grade gym class in San Jose, California."

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

former Cincinatti Bengals???

i don't think THEY would want him.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Nah, they could've done worse with QBs like....like....uh....like.....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

While RJ frustrated me to no end with his play I really don't recall him being a jerk in any way. Why such hatred for the guy? Let him go.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                • Jul 2002

I think the hatred comes from, IMO, his lack of commitment to the city and team. Not to mention the disappointment in him not living up to his potential.

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Like I said, I don't hate him as a person. I don't think much of him as a football player, however.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    While RJ frustrated me to no end with his play I really don't recall him being a jerk in any way. Why such hatred for the guy? Let him go.
                    Well said, THURM. He's a player who didn't perform up to expectations and let himself get caught up in a war of words with Flutie. They're both gone so let's move on. No reason to be hating either of them anymore.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

I never liked the guy either, but the only bad thing I ever heard him say about the team was that after he auditioned for a job in Houston, he said that they already had a better offensive line than the one he played behind.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                        I never liked the guy either, but the only bad thing I ever heard him say about the team was that after he auditioned for a job in Houston, he said that they already had a better offensive line than the one he played behind.
                        Yeah, but was he wrong?

Welcome to the boards!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Scott
                          shelby's big brother
                          • Jul 2002

The statement about Houston's line was probably true.
                          Glad to see you are the forgiving type Judge.
                          Don't buy the statement about lack of committment to the team, where a player lives in the offseason has nothing to do with committment.
                          The fans showed no committment to him, he had what 3 partial seasons? Much of that time was with a poor Oline and poor running game.
                          Maybe he will never amount to much but I feel he was unfairly made the scapegoat by Bills fans.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

It's plain and simple, as a bill he sucked. On the personal side of things I don't know him nor am I judging him as a person.

Most comments made about was made based on his perfomance in buffalo. He sucked.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

He let the door hit him on the way out. He gets it from his daddy though. I guess it takes a PO win to finally say something nice.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X