PDA

View Full Version : The play that lost the season & the coaching staff their jobs

Mitchy moo
01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Miami game, 1st down on the 3 yard line with a big lead, what do you do??

They used the almighty JP to pass instead of eating up clocking and pounding WM up the middle 3 times. This is Madden basic ignorance, you have a big lead you eat clock. If he scores a TD great, if not it's eaten alot of clock and it's a gimme FG.

I was there and seen/felt ignorance at work. You have a team down, you keep nailing them until the clock says 00:00 in the 4th. There is no letting up, Indy never really laid down, they played the whole year to kill.

Stupid is as stupid does, MM/TD are stupid.

LtFinFan66
01-02-2006, 11:23 AM
yep. First thing I have EVER agreed with Skooby on....YIKES!! (if they actually lose their jobs of course)

Mitchy moo
01-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Here's the play:

The Bills immediately pounced on the shell-shocked Dolphins, driving 59 yards on 11 plays to the <CITY />
Miami</PLACE /></CITY /> 3. But the Dolphins averted disaster, as in the form of a Sam Madison interception, the first in over two years for the cornerback.</P>
And with that, the Dolphins began their biggest comeback since 1974.

http://www.finheaven.com/cms/248.html

Samphin1
01-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I thought the play was fine. :) I am not sure if you can point to one play though. I think the musical chair qb situation didn't help. The Moulds fiasco clearly was a distraction as well.

Mitchy moo
01-03-2006, 02:39 PM
This season, Mularkey's offensive play-calling has been baffling, awful, and embarrassing all at the same time. He took over the duties from coordinator Tom Clements back in October, and left many fans wishing that he hadn't. In the previously mentioned road loss to the Dolphins, with the Bills leading 23-3 in the third-quarter, Mularkey made his worst call of the season. On a first-and-goal from the Dolphins' 3-yard line, Mularkey called for a pass rather than a run. Passing around the opposing end-zone is always a risky maneuver and this day was no different as Losman was intercepted and the Bills were left with no points, and less faith in themselves. The turnover gave the Dolphins the momentum they needed and after that, they went on to win the football game. Conventional wisdom says to pound the ball near the opposition's goal line to ensure at least a field goal. Unfortunately, conventional wisdom forgot to pay a visit to Mike Mularkey.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/mike-mularkey-bills030106.php