PDA

View Full Version : Fox: Haslett fired

Philagape
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Haslett fired after trying year with Saints

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 11 minutes ago

The Turk has taken another coach.

FOXSports.com has learned that the New Orleans Saints this morning fired head coach Jim Haslett. Haslett was informed of GM Mickey Loomis' decision this morning and then Loomis met with owner Tom Benson shortly after to finalize the details.

Haslett will now become a hot candidate in places like Buffalo, St. Louis and possibly in New York if Herm Edwards bolts for the Chiefs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5214670

djjimkelly
01-02-2006, 12:28 PM
i truly think mularky gonna be done too. i dont know if i want haslett. but i know hes better then the junk we have now

BidsJr
01-02-2006, 12:30 PM
junk

:goodpost:

slakjaw157
01-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Someone please inform me what Haslett has ever done to deserve a shot coaching here in Buffalo.

Novacane
01-02-2006, 12:31 PM
get moving Ralph and fire these losers. With all these openings there's gonna be a lot of competition for coachs

BidsJr
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
For some he has previous "NFL" head coaching experiance.:rage:

slakjaw157
01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
So does Gregg Williams and Wade Phillips, and hopefully soon, Mike Mularkey. But I wouldn't want any of them.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Someone please inform me what Haslett has ever done to deserve a shot coaching here in Buffalo.

Theres 2 things, play for Buffalo, and show a nasty fiery nature.

Niether have made him a winner as a HC.

Like I said before, change when its not a true upgrade is most likely a downgrade.

Samphin1
01-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't understand the infatuation with Jim Haslett is. Not just you guys but people I talk to about football seem to think he is a good coach for some reason. He has done nothing at all to warrent any type of second chance. Yet, he will most likely land a gig.

On a sidenote, I think it is going to be a long time before they fill the coaching vacancy in New Orlenas/San Antonio/Baton Rouge. They are going to have to go with a rookie coach who is just excited for the opportunity because no veteran coach is oging to want to work for Benson under those conditions.

Mitchy moo
01-02-2006, 01:54 PM
he always looks like he is thinking?

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2006, 01:55 PM

He took a team that had not had a winning season in 7 years and went 10-6 his first year (w/ Jeff Blake no less).

In his six years there he had one losing season and it was only by 1 game (7-9). Note: I do not count this year as valid. I doubt Lombardi could have made much of a difference.

Granted he has only made the playoffs once since being there so I'm not "on the Haslett bandwagon". However, if the choice is between MM and Haslett, I'd take Jimbo in a heartbeat. He may not be the best but he would definitely get the franchise back to respectability and maybe get lucky enough with some good bounces to get us the prize. Who knows.

But I want to make sure Ralph gets the right GM first because ultimately the GM will decide the course of the team.

Mitchy moo
01-02-2006, 02:10 PM
he was our player & he can come home.

Kerr
01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Picking a new head coach will be difficult. Anyone think Haslett would make a good D-coordinator?