PDA

View Full Version : MARK MY WORDS! TD WILL NOT BE FIRED!

deathadder
01-02-2006, 03:33 PM
He will not be fired. Instead, he will be relinquished from his GM duties and still be Team President. Modrak will then take the GM title. That would be the "Structural changes" that Ralph referred to.

Jeff1220
01-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I've pretty much expecting the same thing. I hope Modrak is a better GM than TD. :yucky:

obi wan
01-02-2006, 03:36 PM
id be ok with him stayin as president but i want an outside GM. i also want Moo to stay but i want a new (proven) oc and dc.

JJamezz
01-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Gimme a break.... Do you honestly think a man with an ego as large as TD's is going to be completely humiliated and accept a demotion?? Even if it were offered to him, which it wouldn't be, he'd resign.. Believe it or not, there are other organizations that will eventually give him another shot. I could even see him with another team in a non-GM, Presidential capacity, but not the Bills.

I don't blame you for thinking this way, because I too realize that this organization is capable of mind blowing stupidity, but it just ain't gonna happen. Don't worry, TD is done. Modrak on the other hand, may not be.

madness
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Is this one of those posts where somebody says that exact opposite of popular opinion just so the can look like a genius when something doesn't go according as planned?

Thought so.

P.S. Mark my words, the Colts will lose their first playoff game this year.

dolphinssuck
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Gimme a break.... Do you honestly think a man with an ego like TD has is going to stick around and take a demotion??

I don't blame you for thinking this way, because I too realize that this organization is capable of mind blowing stupidity, but it just ain't gonna happen. TD is done. Modrak on the other hand, may not be.:goodpost: Hes got an ego that will not allow that to happen. And I hope his ego doe not allow him to stay. We will be much better with a new GM and even HC.

jeffhcb
01-02-2006, 03:51 PM
You've all got to be kidding me. Mularkey, Modrak and TD should all be shown the door. This team has regressed to its worst status (statistically) in its history. What more evidence do you need 4 and 12? 3 and 13? How about 0 and 16. Would that make you want to change things? Stop buying tickets. That's the only power the fans have. And you will see how quickly things change.

JJamezz
01-02-2006, 03:51 PM
:lolpoint: @madness

Hehehe.. itchy Post Reply finger?

obi wan
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
i never saw someone studder on the internet before....come on guy youre almost there :)

ICE74129
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
No sir he will NOT Be kept! Modrak nor any GM worth a damn will accept the former GM still being in the building under any circumstances.

TD is fired.

madness
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
:lolpoint: @madness

Hehehe.. itchy Post Reply finger?

:rofl: I don't know what happened. I was in the middle of typing then all of a sudden my post came up 5 times!

madness
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm not so sure Modrak will survive this mess either. Reports make it seem like he was TD's sidekick.

TacklingDummy
01-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Just what we need. A puppet GM to go along with a puppet coach. With TD still pulling the strings.

Jeff1220
01-02-2006, 04:03 PM
To somewhat defend the starter of this thread, I have seen reports of this around during the past couple of weeks. After the Bengals game it seemed like a big possibility. After yesterday, it seems like much much less of a possibility...but it's still a possibility. This has happened in recent years with HC/GMs who've been relieved of GM duties. It isn't much different. This isn't a good scenario, but it is possible.

Mudflap1
01-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Perhaps this will change your opinion...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/2504522

Jon

HHURRICANE
01-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I was worried about a scenario that still had TD here, but that is very unlikely. I think Ralph finally is as pissed as all of us. I hope he brings in a new GM from outside and fires MM. Maybe he will bring back Marv Levy as the GM. That would be awesome.

deathadder
01-02-2006, 05:16 PM

Jon

This is old news. Fox is just reporting what the BuffaloNews said earlier today. In that article, it says that TD will be fired by midweek. Also, it states that Modrak might take over the position. That means TD can be fired from his GM duties but still resume the riole as Team President.

Jeff1220
01-02-2006, 05:20 PM

Jon

It only half changes it. From that article:

Bills Assistant General Manager Tom Modrak is believed to be favored by Wilson to succeed Donahoe. Wilson respects Modrak and has a good relationship with him.

Novacane
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
TD is as good as gone

Mudflap1
01-02-2006, 05:49 PM
For crying out loud, the guy is fired. Not fired, but remaining as President. FIRED!

As for Modrak, any change is good. I'd rather see a fresh face, someone with a track record. We'll see though.

A.J. Smith has turned out alright, and he was Butler's right hand man.

Jon

DynaPaul
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
This is old news. Fox is just reporting what the BuffaloNews said earlier today. In that article, it says that TD will be fired by midweek. Also, it states that Modrak might take over the position. That means TD can be fired from his GM duties but still resume the riole as Team President.

Is that you Commander Tom?

deathadder
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Is that you Commander Tom?

Who? I've been here for years. Just never posted much.

deathadder
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
For crying out loud, the guy is fired. Not fired, but remaining as President. FIRED!

As for Modrak, any change is good. I'd rather see a fresh face, someone with a track record. We'll see though.

A.J. Smith has turned out alright, and he was Butler's right hand man.

Jon

Do you understand the Circumstance if TD is still Team President? That does not mean there is going to be any change at all. If TYD is still President and they promote Modrak to GM, Modrak will still have to go through TD to make any decisions.

Mudflap1
01-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Stop the insanity. Please. I think Donahoe has brainwashed you and turned your mind to mush. He's gone from the franchise completely. It couldn't be stated any more clearly. Enjoy it. Relax. Savor the moment.

Jon

FirstDownBills
01-02-2006, 07:31 PM
He will not be fired. Instead, he will be relinquished from his GM duties and still be Team President. Modrak will then take the GM title. That would be the "Structural changes" that Ralph referred to.

If this holds to be true then the Bills organization is really stupid. Tom Donahoe, no matter what role he is put into, is not part of the piece to any winning structure. It's time to REBUILD Ralph!

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I will bet anyone who thinks that Tom Donahoe will stay on, $100that he will be fired. Anyone wanna take the bet? :$:

ajsdx
01-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Is this one of those posts where somebody says that exact opposite of popular opinion just so the can look like a genius when something doesn't go according as planned?

Thought so.

P.S. Mark my words, the Colts will lose their first playoff game this year.

lol. very ironic. i appreciate it at the end of a rainy day.