Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead! Tom Donahoe Toast (news story link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead! Tom Donahoe Toast (news story link)

Let's make a toast -- that we can all enjoy our Bills reaching their potential in the coming years!

Jon
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead! Tom Donahoe Toast (news story link)

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

I want so badly to pop the cork on the champagne but I need to see the words "Tom Donahoe has been fired as the GM of the Buffalo Bills" in print first.

This is like waiting to see the last ball come up in Lotto and you already have 5 of the 6 numbers.....

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
        I want so badly to pop the cork on the champagne but I need to see the words "Tom Donahoe has been fired as the GM of the Buffalo Bills" in print first.

This is like waiting to see the last ball come up in Lotto and you already have 5 of the 6 numbers.....
        Agreed, I want to hear it from a trusted source and even better would be a pressy.

Id like to hear Wilson speak on who or how he wants to move forward.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
          http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/2504522

Let's make a toast -- that we can all enjoy our Bills reaching their potential in the coming years!

Jon
          What is the big deal? Fox is just reporting what Buffalo News reported before. it is like KFFL reporting something - it adds nothing!

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Tears of joy.

Although Ill hold off on celebrating til I see who the new GM is.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• deathadder
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                What is the big deal? Fox is just reporting what Buffalo News reported before. it is like KFFL reporting something - it adds nothing!
                I will have to second that post. Its kinda like me saying "Hey TD is fired because the Buffalo News reports he will be fired in Mid Week." Untill we hear it from the horse's mouth, then everything we see now is speculation.
                http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by deathadder
                  I will have to second that post. Its kinda like me saying "Hey TD is fired because the Buffalo News reports he will be fired in Mid Week." Untill we hear it from the horse's mouth, then everything we see now is speculation.
                  If it's "old news" that the Buffalo News (a good paper) is reporting that it's confirmed in house that Donahoe is fired, why did you waste our time by posting in a cocky manner "Mark My Words, Tom Donahoe Will Stay!" ???

When foxsports.com feels it's valid enough to post that Donahoe is being fired, I believe that's good enough to realize as the truth. The Buffalo News is saying they have confirmed in house that Donahoe is gone. If you guys want to hold out and wait for the press conference, go ahead. In the meantime, I believe it's time for the rest of us to start celebrating.

I would like to see Modrak not get the job and go with someone more proven, but hey, I'll take anything at this point. Honestly, any change is good at this point. We couldn't have been more unprepared from a personnel standpoint, or underachieved anymore given our talent at the skill positions.

Furthermore, I think it's a good sign that Ralph finally seems "sick of it all" and wants to do something fairly radical in order to make a change. Hopefully he makes some good decisions. Like I said, any change is good changes, so I can rest easy with that.

It's time to raise a glass!

Jon

Comment

• deathadder
                    • Mar 2003

If it's "old news" that the Buffalo News (a good paper) is reporting that it's confirmed in house that Donahoe is fired, why did you waste our time by posting in a cocky manner "Mark My Words, Tom Donahoe Will Stay!" ???

When foxsports.com feels it's valid enough to post that Donahoe is being fired, I believe that's good enough to realize as the truth. The Buffalo News is saying they have confirmed in house that Donahoe is gone. If you guys want to hold out and wait for the press conference, go ahead. In the meantime, I believe it's time for the rest of us to start celebrating.

I would like to see Modrak not get the job and go with someone more proven, but hey, I'll take anything at this point. Honestly, any change is good at this point. We couldn't have been more unprepared from a personnel standpoint, or underachieved anymore given our talent at the skill positions.

Furthermore, I think it's a good sign that Ralph finally seems "sick of it all" and wants to do something fairly radical in order to make a change. Hopefully he makes some good decisions. Like I said, any change is good changes, so I can rest easy with that.

It's time to raise a glass!

Jon

This news is the same news where ESPN reported we got rid of Rob Johnson, but kept Flutie. If I recall correctly, it said that "WE WILL" get rid of Johnson and keep Flutie. At this point, its all speculation. Read the article, it states Modrak might become GM. That means TD would become Team President. It only states TD will be fired from GM duties.
                    http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

The Bills' 30-26 loss to the New York Jets signaled the end of the five-year reign of team President and General Manager Tom Donahoe. He will be fired this week, team sources have told The News. The move is most likely to happen at midweek.
                      What part of this statement do you not comprehend? PRESIDENT AND GENERAL MANAGER will be FIRED THIS WEEK.

I could care less about Rob Johnson. That was five years ago. I do not recall any false reports about Johnson leaving that were "confirmed." The point is that Donahoe is gone. Period. End of story. Gone from the franchise.

It goes on to say that Modrak may be offered the job, but may not take it due to his friend getting fired. It does not say he's working under Donahoe, Donahoe is the president.

Once again: PRESIDENT AND GENERAL MANAGER WILL BE FIRED THIS WEEK.

Just so we're clear. It's done. Relax a little, have a beer and enjoy it. This is the best thing that's happened to this franchise in five years.

Jon

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

This is my favorite part:

Asked if he was concerned about his future, Mularkey said, "Bdah Bdah Bdah Bdah BBBBBBBBBBBB Goooeeeekkkkkkkkk uf uf uf uf KkKkk k k k k k k Aygakucheee Mayheuioe Weeeee Zing."
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/2504522

Jon
                          Won't make a difference if Mularkey is still here. Nothing to be excited about.

That's like being upset that the dog crapped and pissed all over the floor but your happy because somebody got the piss stains out of the rug while the crap still lays there in a big pile.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            Won't make a difference if Mularkey is still here. Nothing to be excited about.

That's like being upset that the dog crapped and pissed all over the floor but your happy because somebody got the piss stains out of the rug while the crap still lays there in a big pile.
                            Mularkey will be at the mercy of the new GM. If he is allowed to stay you can bet that he will be forced to hire new Offensive and Defensive coordinators.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

Yeah thats why we $uck because of Tom Donahoe.
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X